Feb 27 2014
By: torag365 Gaming Beast 1483 posts

THE BANK! My Solution For The Wardrobe Problems.

[ Edited ]
232 replies 2767 views Edited Sep 9, 2014

To the lovely forum moderators: Although this thread has been built around a suggestion, I have decided to dedicate a full thread for it, due to the importance of it to the entire Home community, also I am encourage an healthy debate around it, so please do not move it and/or lock it and/or merge it with another thread. Thank you very much!

THE BANK.jpg

UPDATE FROM PLAYSTATION COMMUNITY MANAGER, @Tempest_Fire , IS NOW AVAILABLE

Greetings!

Thank you very much for opening this thread, I hope you will love my concept for improving the wardrobe in PlayStation Home.

In this thread, I am going to present you three new tools, which I believe are essential for every Home user.

The first one: A brand new storage.

The Second: A toll that will let you get rid of the items you do not want.

And the third: Is a breakthrough toll that will organize your clothes.

1. A New Storage
  2. A Trash Can
  3. An Organizer

These are not three individual tools, it is one tool. And I am calling it THE BANK!

Before I am getting into it, I will talk for a moment about the current wardrobe. You see, in the first several months of using Home, the wardrobe works superbly.  It loads fast, it allows you to comfortably use the few rewards and purchases you have. And I am sure every new Home user will tell you that he/she is very satisfied from how the wardrobe works.

The problems start when you have a bit more clothing items than few. The message “You have received a new item” pops more frequently, there are more clothing items you buy, you win a contest or two, and suddenly your wardrobe becomes bigger, it loads slower, items are automatically move into the storage, and a system that was once very user friendly, turns suddenly into a real pain!

So the solution for the situation is to allow us to delete/ gift/ donate the items we do not want right?

No! Nobody wants a feature that will let us to delete/ gift/ donate our items. Your small brother/sister/ kids will log in to Home, and delete the items you love. One day, an unauthorized person will gain an access to your account and delete your items, you will accidentally delete items you like. Then you will have to contact SCE in order to recover your items. Yuck! Trust me, this is a terrible solution! 

Also, we already know that it is impossible to take off items from our accounts. It is neither impossible to gift items neither to donate them, once you have acquired a clothing item, be it the item you wanted the most, or an ugly T shirt you will never wear, you will not be able to get rid of it, Never.

So, how can you get rid of these items you do not want, but yet to still possess them?

Umm, the answer is by storing these items in a storage which you will have a full access to the items on it, but yet, a storage which will not load along with your primer wardrobe.

THE BANK will solve three main issues:

1. Slow loading time of the wardrobe:Since, many of the items in your wardrobe will be moved to an external storage, your wardrobe will holds much less items on it, and this will benefits the loading times.
  2.  Unorganized wardrobe: These items you will decide not to deposit in your BANK will remain organized, and I believe it  will be easier to find every item you want. Also, THE BANK itself, will be organized, since the sorting of it will be very deep.
  3. The “Junk” in your wardrobe, will no longer be a threat, and something that disturbs you. You will be able to move these items you do not want into your BANK, and they will stay there.

So what is THE BANK?

THE BANK will be an additional storage within your wardrobe, but unlike the other two environments in the Wardrobe (The Wardrobe and Storage), you will not be able to wear the items in THE BANK, until you have moved them out of THE BANK.  Additionally, 3D presentation of clothing items will be disabled as well. These two features will offer a faster browsing within THE BANK, and leave the two primer Wardrobe environments, with only the items you really want.

THE BANK will automatically organize all items you have deposited into it under the categories:

Male/ Female-> Purchased/Rewards->Clothing item (Hand item, legs etc)-> Developer.

Additional feature:

Search box: If you know the name of the item you are looking for, you will be able to search for it, and bypassing the ordinary search.

If the item is in THE BANK, you will first have to move it out of THE BANK, if the item is already out of THE BANK, you will be able to wear it instantly.

I do not suggest anything revolutionary here.

On every PS Home store, the items are perfectly organized under their brands (Dani, Drey, Figment etc).

Also, all purchasable items can be found under the name of their respective developers.

That means that “An organizer” is already deep in the heart of PlayStation Home.

Every item you purchase from the PlayStation Store, or any other trusty store that sells digital content, can be found under a ‘Downloads list’ or ‘Purchased’ tab. THE BANK will be the replica of this tab in PlayStation Home.

Therefore I believe SCE, can develop this system in several weeks.

. . .

Thank you for taking the time reading my suggestion!

If you would like to state your support to my suggestion, please leave a message, and your name will be added to the supporters list.

Supporters are essential to make this change!

Join Our Groove Today, Please Press My Signature To Join!

torag365Signature

Message 1 of 233 (2,767 Views)
Gaming Beast
1483 posts

Re: THE BANK! My Solution For The Wardrobe Problems.

[ Edited ]
Sep 9, 2014

Supporters list:

1. Torag365

2. Ralahinn1

3.Jersquall

4.XrazgarX

5.MysticMur

6.Al2009Man

7.Black_MagicWoman

8.Grand ViceRoy

9.Pyawakitt

10.YounginFlavor18

11.allnewfie

12.Tarazuma

13.Kid_Fleetfoot

14.smokingpistol

15.LegoFire

16.DarkSky25 

17.SkullFirekills7 

18.Thew902

19.BEAST_Nantico

20. Mythiral

21.VioletWinds

22. XUNKNOWNFATEx

23. Xfisticuffsx

24. LAdriven25

25.Meshoo_x3

26.SKuLL-_-KaNdY_

27.King_xO-AsSaSSin

28.BoltWiz1973

29.ZAYA-MAN

30.WolferNite

31.Echobutterfly87

32.Joanna_Dark_

33. Jigsaw4422

34.Champagneja

35.FriarGirl

36.Ollinwyl 

37.Kane-Fire

38.LightOfValkyrie

39.Ninjato-666

40. Magicmix13

41.Sam1online

42.OoOHinataOoo

43.Midnight_Secrets

44.Buckallmighty

45.Mermaid-KT

46.Lil_Bruin_92

47.ITCOB1

48.Macediggity

49.O_Mally

50.Shinra_Soldier7

51.Zeelot

52.Conrad_Max

53.TSFRJ

54.Soulycon

55. JulianMatisse

56.Left4Dinner

57.Mango2900

58.KITTY-EAT-U

59.Red_Wesley

60.Lil_The_Pill

61.TSUNADE1224

62.Goddess_Jubileus

63.IHateiYoui

64.Bobsfed

65.The_Hunky_Monkey

66.TheFujoshiGirl

67.ShadowKirby87

68.FaLsEhOoD227 

69.VIKING5GRL

70.Jazzy734II

71.Seeing-Red

72.Jake_nightly

73.Abigkidd

74.Regine__

75.IcyLuv 

76.Asheruc

77.LiLBlueEyes

78.XX_Dr-Lawliette

79.VisualVirgo

80.XUNKNOWNFATEx

81.CrimsonMax_Ev02-

82.Bestracer-8

83.Disneynut

84.Jada42

85.Artcohol 

86.MiSharona

87. Jimmynet

88.DarkHarmonizer

89.UltraPSX

90.Kirby_1972

91.Echobutterfly87 

92.Madouda

93.Robbiehowell 

94.Dragonwoman52

95.Ms_Hate

96.LadyJaws 

97.TheRainbowsEnd 

98.DJ_Tiffany

99.Trymebabay

100.Jenniferx8

101.HolyFad

102.Cshawnc 

torag365Signature

Message 2 of 233 (2,766 Views)
Gaming Beast
1483 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2014

Added to supporters list from March Suggestions post:

1.Conrad_Max
2.Ollinwyl
3.FriarGirl
4.Echobutterfly87
5.Xfisticuffsx
6.Zeelot
7.Kid_Fleetfoot
8.Tarazuma
9.PYAWAKITT
10.Smokingpistol
11.Bobsfed
12.The_Hunky_Monkey

Added to supporters list from April Suggestions post:
1.TheFujoshiGirl
2.Ninjato-666
3.ShadowKirby87
4.Kid_FleetFoot
5.Macediggity
6.The_Hunky_Monkey
7.Bobsfed
8.FaLsEhOoD227 
9.Mango2900
10.PYAWAKITT 

Added to supporters list from May Suggestions post:
1.Jake_nightly
2.ShadowKirby87
3.Black_MagicWoman
4.PYAWAKITT
5.Abigkidd
6.Regine__
7.IcyLuv 
8.Conrad_Max
9.Asheruc
10.Kid_Fleetfoot
11.Ollinwyl 
12.LiLBlueEyes
13.XX_Dr-Lawliette 
14.Mango2900
15.MysticMur
16.Bobsfed
17.VisualVirgo
18.XUNKNOWNFATEx
19.CrimsonMax_Ev02-
20.Bestracer-8
21.Disneynut
22.Jada42
23.Kirby_1972
24.Echobutterfly87 

Added from the July Suggestions thread:
1.Ralahinn1
2.Mango2900
3.TheRainbowsEnd
4.PYAWAKITT 

Added from the August Suggestions thread:
1.PYAWAKITT
2.Grand_Viceroy
3.Trymebabay
4.Jenniferx8
5.Ollinwyl

torag365Signature

Message 3 of 233 (2,764 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2014

Sounds like a good idea, I'd call it " public storage" though( lol) and I don't have anything I'd throw away, but I'd like to give/ sell a few things, like that tranny amy winehouse avi( though Sony doesn't call it that) which I own.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 4 of 233 (2,739 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Feb 27, 2014

torag365 wrote:

In this thread, I am going to present you three new tools, which I believe are essential for every Home user.

1. A new storage
  2. A Trash Can
  3. An organizer

Are you all trying to fill up my trash can? Smiley Indifferent

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 5 of 233 (2,726 Views)
Gaming Beast
1483 posts

Feb 27, 2014

ralahinn1 wrote:

Sounds like a good idea, I'd call it " public storage" though( lol) and I don't have anything I'd throw away, but I'd like to give/ sell a few things, like that tranny amy winehouse avi( though Sony doesn't call it that) which I own.

THE BANK, is not a public storage. Others do not have an access to the items in your BANK. Unless they own them too of course. I believe the 'Downloads list' tab from the PlayStation Store, is a good example of what I want THE BANK to look like. But unlike the 'Downloads list', THE BANK will be very organize, so you can find any item you are looking for easily.

Regardless to that, thank you very much for showing your support to my idea, I really appreciate that!

torag365Signature

Message 6 of 233 (2,725 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Feb 27, 2014

jI like options and the op has ideas. Not bad at all.

Just let Home users trade in items for pennies on the dollar on newer items or strait up delete them.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 7 of 233 (2,724 Views)
Gaming Beast
1483 posts

Feb 27, 2014

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

torag365 wrote:

1. A new storage
  2. A Trash Can
  3. An organizer

Are you all trying to fill up my trash can? Smiley Indifferent

My apologies King Smiley Surprised

I did not meant to fill your trash can, it has to remain clear, since you are the MVP of the trash cans.

torag365Signature

Message 8 of 233 (2,719 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1483 posts

Feb 27, 2014

Jersquall wrote:

Just let Home users trade in items for pennies on the dollar on newer items or strait up delete them.

I am glad to hear you love the idea Jer!

Just to clarify something. It is impossible to delete the items you do not want, it is neither impossible to trade them or to gift them.

Therefore I had to think on another solution for the issue, and I feel THE BANK is a fine alternative that will sort the issues many of us have with the current wardrobe.

torag365Signature

Message 9 of 233 (2,713 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Feb 27, 2014

torag365 wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

I am glad to hear you love the idea Jer!

Just to clarify something. It is impossible to delete the items you do not want, it is neither impossible to trade them or to gift them.

Therefore I had to think on another solution for the issue, and I feel THE BANK is a fine alternative that will sort the issues many of us have with the current wardrobe.

Agreed, Something needs to be done.  To your point there isn't a bank system in place either. But if throwing in options give the users all of the above and more storage space. storagfe space seems to be a big sticking subject with Sony and I wish I knew exactly why. money=space?

Sorry, Won't side track your thread. continue.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 10 of 233 (2,703 Views)
0 Likes