Treasure Hunter
5706 posts

Re: US MILITARY RECRUITING OFFICE IN MALL please read

Dec 17, 2008
great input yall.
One thing is all the military promoting stuff would only be at the spot at the MALL other thant the mall office you wouldn't see any militart recruiting stuff in home. Also since the stuff could only be accessed by stepping into the mall space it would give you total freedom of choice. you don't want anything to do with it the you don't have to go into the store space at the mall.

And one thing I personal will want to have in the agreement is the recruiters and soldiers would not be allowed to give the recruitment speeches ouside of the mall office and military areas. that way no one has to worry about being chased down by MTSs in the Mall it's self. Plus most of the recruiting advertising would be limited to sign on mall office space and either an aotumated or live person giving website info inside office. maybe posters in military areas. Face it with Home Avatar walking around in military clothing from the recruiting office they wouldn't need to give speeches outside of office space lol

images.jpg

Message 20 of 50 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2414 posts

Dec 17, 2008
I really don't think doing this sort of thing in Home would work. There is the problem of age verification as well as making sure other information given is accurate. Also keep in mind that not all people running around in Home are in the US (quite a few Canadians in the mix). They would be better off just buying some ad space when / if available.
Message 21 of 50 (5 Views)
Wastelander
724 posts

Dec 17, 2008

I suppose the biggest issue for this will be political, really.  Games as recruitment tools have been tried before with America's Army, and not without their fair share of fallout for it.

Like I said I think it's a neat idea, but part of me thinks a potential recruit would be better served by showing some commitment, and walking into an actual physical office rather than a virtual one.  It's not a game after all, and I don't think people -- ESPECIALLY potential recruits -- should treat it as such.  

Just my opinion, of course.

Message 22 of 50 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3776 posts

Dec 17, 2008

Good idea for those who want to go to iraq and fight for a meaningless war.

There is no point in joining now tho  the troops will be withdraw soon from iraq.  but those who arent planning going to college they should join.

Message Edited by Mastagamer on 12-17-2008 08:41 AM
Message 23 of 50 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1075 posts

Dec 17, 2008

Spud-O wrote:
very good idea but i dont think they should have to pay for the space. Sony should give it to them free.......

no

Message 24 of 50 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6286 posts

Dec 17, 2008
One issue though. This is not the US beta. this is the NA Open beta. There are over 30 contries that are in North America. So its not just America
http://www.chaselester.com
Message 25 of 50 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Dec 17, 2008
US MILITARY RECRUITING OFFICE IN MAL.........     let me think for a sec  H...E....L....L no 

mine as well ask north korea to run home 

PSN ID theedarkone
G.A.P approve
Games:
Message 26 of 50 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1075 posts

Dec 17, 2008

GooieGreen wrote:

Considering how many friends the military has taken from me, I hate this idea.

The military is pushy and it lies to people. While there are plenty of decent people in the armed forces, there are also plenty of rat-**bleep** recruiters out there. Sony should not be promoting the US military in any way more than having a game loosely based on military actions. Keep your super-political army ideals out of my Home

I am not against the army but i do not like how they recruit, they only tell the good stuff about the army never the bad and that is just wrong, and not all recruiters care about anything other then the $2000 for someone enlisting under them

Message 27 of 50 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5706 posts

Dec 17, 2008
It's just idea for now. Odds are against it happening. But I thought the idea was a good one. One thing I've notice is there is both positive and negetive feed back about the idea, but as a great show of how good poeple are here on the forum I notice that even those who don't like the idea said so respectfully. thankyou yall for your great input and respectful replies. Yea I can see now with it being the entire North American areas i can the issue there. And better understand the reason why it wouldn't work. Once again thanks for the input. Also i disagree with sony giving armed forces space for free, I was a 92Alpha so i know Army could easily pay for it. I have the thread booked mark so i'll still check in case more people have input. Thanks again for great input.

images.jpg

Message 28 of 50 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6286 posts

Dec 17, 2008

GooieGreen wrote:

Not to be "that guy", but the military is full of crap. Home has enough of that as it is.

They don't need to be in Home to recruit. They have all of your information from the No Child Left Behind act. It would only cause chaos due to the anonymous nature of the internet. People will protest, harass the recruiters... it works as an idea, but you know the insane nature of some people in Home would result in a lot of backlash and unnecessary disputes.

Just saying, If sony were to put this space in (I personally dont think they ever will) I doubt they will actually have live recruters in there. The military has better things to do then have a recruter in Home. Its more likely to just have a space where you can go and get more general idea about the military.
http://www.chaselester.com
Message 29 of 50 (5 Views)
0 Likes