Apr 14 2010
By: boogysplit I Only Post Everything 1259 posts

Sympathy for the NOOBs....

47 replies 323 views Edited Apr 14, 2010

You know, I have been playing Home since the 1st day it was released. Met tons of friends and contacted old ones from back in the day. Many of them are brand new and dont know much about the system yet...so it takes a nice person who is patient enough to help them out and get them started.  The thing is....it isnt these NOOBs that bother me....its the arrogance from those who diss on others for being new....many of which seem to be on this very site here.  All I hear is NOOB this and NOOB that! Are many of your noses stuck so far up over an online gaming community that your plan is to be as rude and callous as possible in order to run off any newcomers making the whole thing a most unpleasant experience?  Seriously, I have been here for just a couple of days, and I got some serious flack for asking a simple question that apparently didnt belong in the correct forum...which btw I had the question figured out before anyone even responded and I acknowledged the fact at that! And still people took their time to complain (really?!!)  Let me remind all the high and mighty "NON-NOOBS" that Home and this site here is open for whomever.  And it is YOU who make this place seem like its being overrun by people who dont get the whole idea! Have a nice day!

Message 1 of 48 (323 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Re: Sympathy for the NOOBs....

Apr 14, 2010
The whole online social status thing is baloney...well mostly. I mean if you're new at work, people help you with what to do, not yell at you for not knowing everything about your job already. But you really can't change some people...Sometimes the best you can do is brush it off. Everyone was a noob once, people!
Everyone's a critic....
Message 2 of 48 (323 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1259 posts

Apr 14, 2010

right? well, the disease has spread here...and it really is worse than new people asking questions that seem obvious.

Message 3 of 48 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5132 posts

Apr 14, 2010

For Me Being A Female In Home & Being Mugged By Pervs A Lot .. I Often Get Guys Who Pretend To Be New Trying To Work Over Until The Moment They Crouch Near My Legs Trying To Get Some Virtually .. Those People I Call "Noob" Because They Have Nothing Better To Do Rather Than Harass The Women On Home.

I Can Understand People Asking Questions About Home & All But Soon As They Move Or Crouch .. Thats When I **FACEPALM**

Message 4 of 48 (323 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1259 posts

Apr 14, 2010

Those aren't noobs, they're creeps!

Message 5 of 48 (323 Views)
I Only Post Everything
963 posts

Apr 14, 2010
yo boogysplit nice post homie i'm far from a noob on home you know that i'm a home closed beta tester all the way
Message 6 of 48 (323 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1259 posts

Apr 14, 2010

hey man whats up?!! didnt expect to see you here.

Message 7 of 48 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

Apr 14, 2010

Nice rant, but true nonetheless.  You know the stereotype, a lot of people on Home and here are anti social, which is ironic.  We just had a long thread on here about the simple of of the pre-installed word "Hello" that's used mostly by noobs and old timers alike.

Message 8 of 48 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Apr 14, 2010

Once in a great while I will run into a true noobie,,, and I will go out of my way to help them,,, but a lot of the people in default clothing are not real noobs,,, they either don't want to buy clothes or can't afford to buy clothes because they have bills to pay... So I tend not to label anyone,,, I deal with people in Home on a case to case basis,,,

If a person says hello I will say hello back no matter what they are wearing... If I find them interesting I will talk to them,,, if they are not interesting I will excuse myself politely...

Jerks come in all shapes and sizes and in all genders - I seem to get a lot of abuse from manly girls and sissyish boys I don't know why.... I don't even want to try and figure it out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 48 (323 Views)
Sackboy
453 posts

Apr 14, 2010
I totally agree that people need to be more lenient with noobs, but only with the cool ones. There are also a lot of noobs who are just stupid and annoying. That's why I like spending time in CP sometimes, I like helping out new people. But it can also be annoying since CP also has a lot of the harassers and such.

Check out my music - www.murderjetz.net
Message 10 of 48 (323 Views)