Sep 28 2009
By: MarkSinister Sackboy 560 posts

Swearing\Cursing in home....

15 replies 12 views Edited Sep 28, 2009
I was chilling in home last night with a couple of shorties, and one of these fine ladies dropped an S-bomb, what shocked me was the fact that it wasn't censored. Then everyone started dropping all kinds of bombs and none of them were censored what gives? If none of these words are censored anymore why do some other odd words still are?

Message 1 of 16 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10027 posts

Re: Swearing\Cursing in home....

Sep 28, 2009

Me and a few friends tried this in a personal space, we just altered a character with another one which wouldn't be noticeable

Like replace the I with a lower case l, there was a few ways around it, can't remember the others....

Message 2 of 16 (12 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28374 posts

Sep 28, 2009

MarkSinister wrote:
If none of these words are censored anymore why do some other odd words still are?

Did you report this so that the Home Moderators are made aware of the problem?

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 3 of 16 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
560 posts

Sep 28, 2009

Well this wasn't hiding any characters or any of the other tricks. These were the words clear as day. There wasn't any work around tricks or anything. Also they were my friends I didn't want to report them becuase we were just having a causal convostation when it happened then the topic changed to how is it possible to stay the words with out it being censored.

Message 4 of 16 (12 Views)
VP of Gaming
28374 posts

Sep 28, 2009

MarkSinister wrote:

Also they were my friends I didn't want to report them...

Okay. Last question: Did you advise your friends not to swear so that someone else wouldn't report them?  Just curious.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 5 of 16 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
560 posts

Sep 28, 2009
They know better, and the person who started the whole thing was a friend of a friend of a friend. I have know control over those friends lol . I myself know, and follow the rule of Sony home as much as possible.

Message 6 of 16 (12 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1608 posts

Sep 28, 2009
Was the word in all caps? I ask because, as someone stated earlier, you can use l to replace I and it isn't caught by the censors.
Carpe diem post crastinum

Get your Portable ID!
Message 7 of 16 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1870 posts

Sep 28, 2009

Just because the censors did not catch it, weather or not any letters were changed to bypass them,

does not mean it is OK. People should still be reported for using language that is inappropriate. 

Message 8 of 16 (12 Views)
Sackboy
560 posts

Sep 28, 2009

Boomer_3_14_15_9 wrote:

Just because the censors did not catch it, weather or not any letters were changed to bypass them,

does not mean it is OK. People should still be reported for using language that is inappropriate. 

I don't condone any cursing in home. I do understand that some people would often curse accidentally and I would allow it to slide but if someone verbally abuse someone with foul language they should be reported promptly. The swearing that went on at that moment was in response to see if there was really no longer any censorship in home, now I didn't curse but most of the people in the group were replying with what was censored and what wasn't censored. I must also tell you the space that we were in was empty, the central plaza had already been emptied out when all this occurred. 

Message 9 of 16 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1601 posts

Sep 28, 2009

MarkSinister wrote:
I was chilling in home last night with a couple of shorties, and one of these fine ladies dropped an S-bomb, what shocked me was the fact that it wasn't censored. Then everyone started dropping all kinds of bombs and none of them were censored what gives? If none of these words are censored anymore why do some other odd words still are?

I think swearing should be allowed. Swearing in the real world is natural..

But just don't do it too much. 

JOB: Electronic Arts QA Tester

Message 10 of 16 (12 Views)