Aug 19 2013
By: Enistachia Survivor 1979 posts

Suggestions for PlayStation Home: Code of Conduct

19 replies 422 views Edited Aug 19, 2013

[Chatter]

Starting small but with big hopes!!  My ultimate goal for the first New User Awareness Month would be a simple wall hanging that users could hang in their Harbor Studio Apartment, if they wanted to, and it will boast some community tips to view just before they go off into the world of HOME.  This poster would be given out to every current user and then given out with the standard new user items as their first wall hanging.  XD

I am sure greater feats have been met in our community.

Code01.png

[Image]

The render is the first concept of the Code of Conduct poster/wall hanging, the inspiration was taken from the simple design of the default t-shirt given to all New Users.

[Community Challenge]

Welcome to our Home community open thread.  Place your ideas as to what the five, give or take, codes/tips/rules that would best be suited in the backpack of thoughts going through the New User’s mind during their first steps and txt into HOME here.  For some adventurers, guides don’t cut it, and they will find their own way through this jungle we love so much. However, it’s sometimes nice to be in the know before you step foot in a strange new land, physical or not.  Adding some friendly tips that maybe you wished someone would have told you sooner.  Theses pearls of wisdom will be shared and applied to our growing community of gamers and like minded individuals.

Message 1 of 20 (422 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Re: Suggestions for PlayStation Home: Code of Conduct

Aug 19, 2013

Hmm...there used to be something like that in Central Plaza, on the screen adjacent to the Listen@Home booth. I don't spend much time at The Hub, so I'm not sure if it was moved there too. Does anyone else know?

Message 2 of 20 (394 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Aug 19, 2013

StephieRawks wrote:

Hmm...there used to be something like that in Central Plaza, on the screen adjacent to the Listen@Home booth. I don't spend much time at The Hub, so I'm not sure if it was moved there too. Does anyone else know?

I believe it's on one of the pillars to the right when you spawn in.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 20 (391 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Aug 19, 2013

When you first download Home and use it, you have to read a set of ToS and agree with it.

And their is already a silly follow the rules poster in the Hub.

YB

Message 4 of 20 (363 Views)
Splicer
32 posts

Aug 19, 2013

Well rule number one of my code of conduct would be no pink fonts. They make it hard to read, and hard to take the poster seriously.

Even if such a code existed, how would it be enforced?

Message 5 of 20 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

Aug 19, 2013

StephieRawks wrote:

Yep!

Ever since The Hub was released the pool rules were available there, similar to ones in the Central Plaza. I created some generic posters (that sucked) but wasn't happy with them. Cade (GlassWalls) felt we needed an update on them so I later replaced them with these posters for The Hub on October 22nd, 2012.

If you're not sure what they look like, here! These are the actual posters seen in-world today:

poolrules-a-new.jpg poolrules-b2-new.jpg

Message 6 of 20 (331 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5950 posts

Aug 19, 2013

Since it takes most folks to get on home two minutes or more for home to load. Why not use that time to have various codes of conduct be displayed. You could at least have something to read while you wait.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 7 of 20 (327 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2013

Enistachia wrote:

[Chatter]

Starting small but with big hopes!!  My ultimate goal for the first New User Awareness Month would be a simple wall hanging that users could hang in their Harbor Studio Apartment, if they wanted to, and it will boast some community tips to view just before they go off into the world of HOME.  This poster would be given out to every current user and then given out with the standard new user items as their first wall hanging.  XD

[Community Challenge]

Welcome to our Home community open thread.  Place your ideas as to what the five, give or take, codes/tips/rules that would best be suited in the backpack of thoughts going through the New User’s mind during their first steps and txt into HOME here.  For some adventurers, guides don’t cut it, and they will find their own way through this jungle we love so much. However, it’s sometimes nice to be in the know before you step foot in a strange new land, physical or not.  Adding some friendly tips that maybe you wished someone would have told you sooner.  Theses pearls of wisdom will be shared and applied to our growing community of gamers and like minded individuals.

(Now to reply to the OP)

So the New User Awareness Month sounds like a fun idea, but I would probably discourage creating a Code of Conduct item for apartments. Though, a Home poster reward would be pretty cool I believe giving users a Home Rules item would send a message to users saying SONY beleives we're all doing something wrong. Granted, many users do break the rules so it may be best for SONY to create a reminder on how Home works and the rules we all should follow. But not inform us via Home rewards.

This was something I discussed with SONY a while back and was something they liked. We had one really good idea on how to send this message, so I hope they run with it. Maybe some day this will happen.

Pro-tip: If you wish to display Home Rules in your estates, feel free to save the posters I posted above (or create your own) and place them inside a picture frame. Creating an image 256x368 (JPEG) should look and fit nicely.

As the OP requested but not in any particular order, here are the few rules - in my opinion - users should follow to help make Home a better place for us all:

- Remember Home is a 13+ family-friendly environment, so please treat others with respect.

- Report inappropriate behavior and utilize your Ignore/Mute and Block options.

- Enjoy your stay on Home and visit us.playstation.com/home-forums to get involved with our community.

...that might be all, lol.

Message 8 of 20 (319 Views)
Wastelander
558 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2013

I don't know what the mods are like on Home, but if their anything like the mods on the forums. Than they probably don't enforce all the rules and let certain long time users get away with breaking them all the time. How are the noobs supposed to follow the rules anyways when some of the mvp's on here don't even follow them. Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 20 (305 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

Aug 19, 2013

Icinq wrote:

I don't know what the mods are like on Home, but if their anything like the mods on the forums. Than they probably don't enforce all the rules and let certain long time users get away with breaking them all the time. How are the noobs supposed to follow the rules anyways when some of the mvp's on here don't even follow them. Smiley Frustrated

First of all, I'm not a moderator so I couldn't speak for them but I do know that many users report others when it's not necessary. Many reported users would go unpunished because they did not break rules, even though the reporter believes otherwise. Some "issues" are personal and would not be a concern for PlayStation. For example:

UserA is being a rude jerk to others and dancing on top of UserB, so UserB reports for harassment. This is where our Mute/Ignore, Block feature comes to play.. well should. Ignoring this user will eliminate the rude stuff being said and push the avatar away from yourself. Sure you could report UserB but dancing on others is not going to get him suspended, and being a rude jerk isn't either. Know, my definition may differ from others. Just because somebody bothers another user doesn't mean they deserve to be suspended from PSN. Again, some opinions may differ.

Though, if UserA is trying to create, let's say "inappropriate scenes" (make sense?) with other avatars that would enough to quality for a suspension.

What I'm getting at is there are too many users taking things way too personal and reporting out of spite. Which wouldn't quality someone to lose PSN access. It's kind of hard to explain, which is why I spoke with SONY about reminding users on how Home really works, because many seem to not know... that is what I was talking about in my above post on reminding users about the rules.

About MVPs not following rules, they are. We all follow the same rules here on the forums and in-world on Home. If you witness anybody causing abusive behavior report them. As for MVPs specifically, you could also followup with a PM to Tempest_Fire here on the forums and he can investigate it.

Message 10 of 20 (286 Views)