Jul 02 2010
By: squalomik First Son 3 posts

Suggestion: Playstation Home as dashboard.

4 replies 19 views Edited Jul 2, 2010

Hi all, i've a suggestion:

Why don't u implement Home as a dashboard? 

For example the user turns on the console and he is in home, without loadings, he could operate with the system settings in the house (like the pod of little big planet), he could go out from the house and connect with the home social network, or he could start the game inserted in the BDplayer directly from his house.

A really good idea (IMHO) is that the friend/friends that wanna join the game "calls your home" and, if you accept, he comes in forward the door of your house, so you can talk to him, join an online game together or go out from the house together and connect with the home social network.

Another thinks that you could implement is, for example, a virtual bookcase on which you can store your trophies or games downloaded in digital delivery.

P.S. Personally i don't use home and i don't attach importance to trophies, but if this idea would be implemented all would be different Smiley Tongue

P.P.S. Sorry for my bad bad English, but I'm Italian.

Message 1 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Re: Suggestion: Playstation Home as dashboard.

Jul 2, 2010

squalomik wrote:

Hi all, i've a suggestion:

Why don't u implement Home as a dashboard? 

For example the user turns on the console and he is in home, without loadings, he could operate with the system settings in the house (like the pod of little big planet), he could go out from the house and connect with the home social network, or he could start the game inserted in the BDplayer directly from his house.

A really good idea (IMHO) is that the friend/friends that wanna join the game "calls your home" and, if you accept, he comes in forward the door of your house, so you can talk to him, join an online game together or go out from the house together and connect with the home social network.

Another thinks that you could implement is, for example, a virtual bookcase on which you can store your trophies or games downloaded in digital delivery.

P.S. Personally i don't use home and i don't attach importance to trophies, but if this idea would be implemented all would be different Smiley Tongue

P.P.S. Sorry for my bad bad English, but I'm Italian.

people have tossed this idea around for a long time - personaly i wouldnt like it - have you ever noticed how long it takes home to load - i wouldnt want to wait 5 minutes after turning on my ps3 to use it. and the trophy room ....uggg dont get me started Smiley SurprisedP

Message 2 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 2, 2010

If the house when you respawn will be implemented as a dashboard there will not be loading times to load only the house. Only if you go out from the house there will be the loading time to connect to the Home social network.

About the trophies you could choose to synchronize them or not.

Message 3 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Jul 2, 2010

what i meant about the trophy room was that when home was first introuduced they showed a trophy room - and people have been screaming for it since- that would be a nice addition to home but probaly not even on the burners anymore

Message 4 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 2, 2010

Uhm, ok, forgive the trophy room, the idea of home as a dashboard still seems a good idea.

Message 5 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes