Apr 23 2009
By: Jim777 Last Guardian 10878 posts

Stores @ Home

45 replies 5 views Edited Apr 23, 2009

Today I was on Home and thinking about the new movie I wanted to get form the Store, and I was chatting with my friend about it and I didn't want to leave, then it dawned on me. Why should I leave Home to shop on the PS store, why can't we have a PS store at the Mall where I can shop for items with my friends. Not like the current system where the items are a bunch of cards but rather a store where you walk in, see the items and can discuss them with your friends. For cloths they would be shown on a manikin, and for games and movies previews would be on TV's. Then you would select the item and hit Buy Now or Add to Cart. This would allow you to shop around, view the items, and talk about them with your friends or other people looking at the item.

A good example is the stores in GTA IV, where you walk in and see items on racks, you walk up and hit a button to preview them on your avatar. From there you either leave them, or hit a button to buy them. In Homes case hitting the buy button would take you to the cheakout screen, or you could add the item to your basket and shop somemore. Upon exiting the store you would be prompted to cheakout or just leave without buying anything. 

Disclaimer:

I have posted in the Suggestions for Home thread, I only post it again in this new thread to get feedback from the community and perfect my idea.

Message Edited by Jim777 on 04-22-2009 12:19 PM
Message Edited by Jim777 on 04-23-2009 08:17 AM

@Jim777PS
Message 28 of 46 (5 Views)
Splicer
63 posts

Re: PS Store @ Home

Feb 19, 2009
thats a pretty good idea i though of something like that ther other day.
Message 1 of 46 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1691 posts

Feb 19, 2009
I'm glad you brought that up. I've always thought about that, and I think it'd be cool and more convenient.

Get your Portable ID!Add Steezin_ for COD4. Just leave a message with it saying why you are adding me. Don't forget the underscore.
Message 2 of 46 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10878 posts

Feb 19, 2009

skate516 wrote:
I'm glad you brought that up. I've always thought about that, and I think it'd be cool and more convenient.
not only that but you could discuss games with friends or other Home users, lets say me and a buddy are thinking of gettin PAIN!, well we got the the mall and enter the PS Store there. From there we are brough to large room with several side rooms, one for PS3 games, PSP Games, demos and so on. We walk in, see a preview up on the TV, decide we like it, buy it and it starts downlaoding. And we never left Home. 

@Jim777PS
Message 3 of 46 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Feb 19, 2009
That Would Cause a lot of Time for Playstation Network and PlayStation HOME  two Different Company's to Come Together and Create.. Would take a lot of time.. Plus each week would have to create all the Items would cause a lot of Delay because you have to Create A Virtual Item for Every Game and movie.

Not saying its a bad thing.. I love the Idea.. But would cause issues were people would be complaining why isn't the Vitral items out yet and its in the Store.

my Guess it would be Easier if it was just Covers with more less Different Movie Covers and Game Covers.

The Movie Preview you can Do it already In the Playstation Store Under Movies
Message 4 of 46 (5 Views)
Splicer
63 posts

Feb 19, 2009
LOL manikin
Message 5 of 46 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Feb 19, 2009

that would be phresh(kool)

Message 6 of 46 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Feb 19, 2009
Is that related somehow to the wrestler ManKind?
Message 7 of 46 (5 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28383 posts

Feb 19, 2009
You should post your idea here before it vanishes among the hundreds of other "topics": Suggestions for Home...
The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 8 of 46 (5 Views)
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Feb 19, 2009
awesome, hopefully they get security gaurds to stop the shop lifters
Photobucket
PersonaGaming Forum Sig 2
Photobucket
Message 9 of 46 (5 Views)
0 Likes