Fender Bender
3910 posts

Re: Star, Cyd, a COMPLAINT on "Legion" Move Preview and Cursing in it.

Jan 9, 2010

b_da_b wrote:
i don't get some of you people on these forums. So sensitive about stupid things. What's sad is that I know most of you are around my age (22), but yet you complain about things that are so silly. Do you guys cry and complain when you walk down the road and hear someone cussing? How about when you go to the movies, and there is a bunch of people outside raising all sorts of hell? Do you get mad at them cussing but then proceed to watch a rated R movie? I just think it's ridiculous that some of you, cry so much about censorship, but yet you turn right around and play M-rated games, watch rated R movies, and listen to music with explicit lyrics. This post was not meant for a flame so therefor it's use is not intended to start a ruckus. But I already know who's gonna reply to me and I pretty much know what they're gonna say to me (and I could care less so bring it on). But people that's in their 20's... grow up... start worrying about bigger things like our economy and the new health care bill. Stop putting so much time into getting censorship, IN A VIRTUAL WORLD!

You clearly didn't read the OP's post. I will highlight where you went wrong in your reply

Haskell420 wrote:

Hey guys, Happy New Year to you all.

Now I am one of the last people that would complain about cursing etc. But I have to right now. First and foremost, I do know that HOME is for teenagers on up, but I am also not stupid enough to think that some 10yr olds aren't in HOME as well.  My niece(11) and nephew(10) were over, along with my brother in law. I have been telling them about HOME for a long time now, and in the past showed them pictures of it before, and they think it's "cool".

Now I was giving thrm a grand tour, and I got to the Theater,  going to the dfferent trailers etc. When I cam upon the LEGION trailer. I havent heard of this film yet so I went in to check it out.

As I was going INTO the theater, there was NO warning, NO caution signs, or pop up messages saying that the trailer was R Rated, or  has Adult Language etc...

Now the trailer had already started when it got in their, and the 1st scene I see is the actor Dennis Quaid talking to someone about the Satelite Dish and shows the TV screen with the Emergency Broadcast signal on it.

*snip*

As soon as I heard this, my nephew says "ooh she said a bad word!" and my brother in law says, "Turn it off right now".. So I switched my Source on my remote over to cable TV where I had on ESPNews. I looked at him and said, John, I'm so sorry, I had no idea"  He then says, Ok kids, let's go, say goodbye to Uncle Eddie and walks away....they give me hugs and walk upstairs.

Now after they left I went to watch it again, and I again came in during the middle of the trailer. After it ended, it restarted, that is when it showed the "This preview is for "MATURE audiences only"

If I got into the theater before it started, I would have seen the Mature Audiences only"  message, and promptly left because they were here watching me show them around HOME.  Coming in as it was already started, I didn't get to see that Warning before hand.

I will be the 1st one to admit, that if i heard that alone, I would think that line was pretty sweet, and then would think that someone hearing that word is gonna be ticked off. Now experiencing it with my neice and nephew here with me, I was put on the spot so to speak, and put in the shoes of a parent having my kids hear that and it ticked me off that they just heard that word in a movie trailer.

I don't know what can be done about it now. But if you could talk to the programmers, or pass a message along to them, so in the future, if upon entering the theater of a R Rated movie trailer, maybe they can put in a message box saying, that THIS TRAILER is for Mature Audiences only and is Rated R...would make one think not to go in it, if some little kids are around.

Just a recommendation

Message Edited by Haskell420 on 01-08-2010 12:08 AM
Message Edited by Haskell420 on 01-08-2010 12:23 AM
Message Edited by CronoEX on 01-08-2010 08:52 AM

It seems to me most users just looked at the thread title and hit "reply" instead of reading the post thoroughly and using context clues

to figure out what he was suggesting. As I said before, he had kids around and there was no warning upon ENTERING the theater that

the trailer was a red band trailer. Being that Home has 13 year olds around, there needs to be a warning BEFORE entering the theater

just like there are ratings labels when you enter game spaces. OP mentioned NOTHING about censoring anything.

Message Edited by Blazeking on 01-08-2010 05:11 PM

KainOcelot wrote: 

The OP saying it started half way through, I find hard to believe. Any time I've gone into the theater, the movie buffers before playing,

Just because it doesn't happen to you, it doesn't happen period? I've been with Home since day 1 and can confim this does happen in on certains screens.

An example is the Steven Segal "Lawman" screening. If you came in late, you would not see the beginning. How is it possible to see the warning at the beginning?

It's not possible. When my camera battery charges, I'll make a video of me entering the theater to show the uninformed.

Message Edited by Blazeking on 01-08-2010 05:17 PM
Message Edited by shungokusatsu on 01-08-2010 05:16 PM
Message 70 of 96 (14 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
326 posts

Jan 9, 2010

potatobreath wrote:

Whoef wrote: 

I've never seen a newly download video jump into the middle like that, but I don't spend a lot of time in the theater.

It happens. Not too common, but it happens.

Ah, okay.

Yes, I spend a lot of time in the theatre.

Hehe.

Message 71 of 96 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
638 posts

Jan 9, 2010

socal000 wrote:

They did give warning. They put the green or red screen at the beginning, saying any possibly objectional content it may contain. 

To the person who posted this thread: It's your own fault that your niece and nephew heard that. It's your own fault you don't pay attention to the screen, so don't go complaining to Sony about it. 

Message Edited by socal000 on 01-08-2010 11:45 AM

(Sigh)  If you paid attention, the OP said the trailer started in the middle.  They do that sometimes.
-------------------------------------------------
No, no, NO!!! It's THINK first, THEN speak!
Message 72 of 96 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
269 posts

Jan 9, 2010

I could rant all day on this topic. All I can say that I agree and disagree with the OP. Red banner trailers are in fact distasteful in Home and I frown at Sony for allowing it. Especially if they don't allow the users to swear and use foul language. Then Sony should follow their own rule book. Not "do as I say not as I do" way of thinking.

However the OP should have known what he was showing off before demonstrating. When I show off Home I make sure to check the areas I want to show people. When I show my kids something I don't go to the Godfather space then complain at the cursing in the trailer you see playing. 

There should be more of a warning like when you enter a M space. Like "The content playing in this theater may not be appropriate for all ages, Viewer discretion is advised." IN a marque above or on a poster something to let you know.

Message Edited by Aikidou on 01-08-2010 07:20 PM
Message 73 of 96 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Jan 9, 2010
this thread reminds me of that scene in a bugs life when the leaf falls from the sky and falls infront of their path, an they're all "OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL WILL WE DO NOW!!!!!?????!?!?" like seriously, thread jus needs to calm down, makin issues out of every little thing ever...
Plambey PS3 Trophy Sig
Message 74 of 96 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
326 posts

Jan 9, 2010

Aikidou wrote:

There should be more of a warning like when you enter a M space. Like "The content playing in this theater may not be appropriate for all ages, Viewer discretion is advised." IN a marque above or on a poster something to let you know.

All ages? The trailer wasn't available to all ages, so that kind of warning isn't needed in the marquee. If only the concerned would lower their PS3's parental control level they wouldn't have to worry about it. I certainly hope it isn't laziness that prevents them from doing so.

Message 75 of 96 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
269 posts

Jan 10, 2010

Whoef wrote:

Aikidou wrote:

All ages? The trailer wasn't available to all ages, so that kind of warning isn't needed in the marquee. If only the concerned would lower their PS3's parental control level they wouldn't have to worry about it. I certainly hope it isn't laziness that prevents them from doing so.

Most likely not laziness but the Playstation's parental control is not very user friendly. Instead of being able to select game or movie ratings like E, E10+, T, M, G, PG, PG-13, ect. instead you select a number from 1 to whatever, or something like that. Just saying I like to be warned before entering a space on whether or not it will be appropriate for who ever just might be in the room. Not for me to be blocked, or have to change before I play if someone pops in.

Message 76 of 96 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jan 10, 2010
dont subject kids then easy as that, its a part of life, you cant control the world and that makes you upset, boo hoo,
Message 77 of 96 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1760 posts

Jan 10, 2010
He video has a red bumper, not green, so why would there be any problem? They have those bumper colours so people dont get all like..well you. next time check the bumper colour first. it helps.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 78 of 96 (14 Views)
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Jan 10, 2010

DarkMagickan wrote:

socal000 wrote:

They did give warning. They put the green or red screen at the beginning, saying any possibly objectional content it may contain. 

To the person who posted this thread: It's your own fault that your niece and nephew heard that. It's your own fault you don't pay attention to the screen, so don't go complaining to Sony about it. 

Message Edited by socal000 on 01-08-2010 11:45 AM

(Sigh)  If you paid attention, the OP said the trailer started in the middle.  They do that sometimes.

Well it's still their fault. If they were smart, he wouldn't have just assumed everything was okay, he would have previewed it. 

I don't believe it. It's his own fault, and he's blaming Sony and the Home officials. Ridiculous.  

Message 79 of 96 (14 Views)
0 Likes