Jul 18 2013
By: LegoFire Fender Bender 2038 posts

Spunland Tutorial (Guide)

[ Edited ]
126 replies 4482 views Edited Jul 22, 2013

Hello everyone, I thought I would create a guide for the public space Spunland for these forums encase any users may need assistance understanding everything the space has to offer.

(In other words I thought I would try to make something that makes no sense.. well, make sense.)

- I will also try to clean this up with spoiler tags for easier browsing soon

Tree Revealing

Upon entering Spunland you will be required to find 12 white trees, once you find these trees they will take their original form and you will then be able to proceed with other activities in Spunland.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  (Spun Tree Found: 1 Spun Point each)

(This is mandatory and must be done in order to continue with other activities in Spunland)

Spun Points

In Spunland you will attain a currency named "Spun Points".

In order to assure this currency stays with you, be sure to approach the "Duck wearing a hat" at the north end of the space.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here you can use a save feature to save your Spun Points (Be sure to do this often or you could lose them if disconnected), purchase rewards and view your status of goals attained.

(The goal feature still needs some repairing for NA region)

Fruit and Seeds

During the time Spunland has clear skies, you will be able to collect fruit from the spun trees, each tree will have 3 pieces of fruit around it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  (Fruit: 10 Spun Points each)

There will also be a gauge at the top right of the screen, this gauge can be filled by picking up fruit.

Once this gauge reaches it's peak, you will receive a "Seed".

If timed correctly every 6 fruits attained = 1 Seed.

(Be quick though or the gauge will lower and it could take more fruit to attain a seed)

There are 36 fruits in total to pick up every clear sky, so you can attain a maximum of 6 seeds every harvest.

Planting Seeds

After a bit of time in clear sky mode has passed, fruit will disappear and you may then plant your seeds.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  (Planting Seed: 50 Spun Points each)

You will then want to head to the circular spots on the floor, if they have blue dots floating above them it means the spot is available to plant your seeds.

Simply click (x) over the circular area, select which seed you would like to plant from your inventory and then plant it.

Cloud Creation

After a while Spunland will have a storm, you can assist in creating these storms by entering the "large yellow and purple outlined circles" and using any "Dance" action. (example: Salsa, Rave, Running Man, etc)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  (Cloud created: 2 Spun Points each)

Doing this activity will then generate "Clouds", every 37 clouds created will then generate a "Storm".

Rabbit Catching

Once a spun storm starts, you will have the option to catch rabbits which will run around the space.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic(Rabbit Caught: 100 Spun Points each)

To catch a "Spun Bunny" simply make contact with them using your avatar.

(Be careful though, other users avatars can catch them as well)

Sky Hunt

Directly after a "Spun Storm" has ended users will have the opportunity to go into the sky to earn some extra points.

(This routine is greatly recommended and will most likely earn you the most Spun Points)

In order to transeive into the sky, you will need to find this symbol on one of the circular areas of the space.

Afterwards be sure to stand directly on the emblem displayed and in due time you will be carried into the sky.

Once you're above you will have to walk along the circles which will guide you a path, the circles will originally be orange but will turn purple once stepped on which will award you points.

(Circle stepped on: 20 Spun Points each)

You may also be lucky and find floating flowers while on Sky Trail, be sure to grab them for extra points.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  (White Flower: 300 Spun Points each)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   (Purple Flower: 400 Spun Points each)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  (Gold Flower: 800 Spun Points each)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  (Flying Purple Bunny contact: -1000 Spun Points each)

Also while exploring the sky trail beware of the purple "Flying Spun Bunny" you may notice while above, it will deduct your Spun Points if you make contact with it.

The Flying Spun Bunny will also devour Spun Flowers if you don't make it to their location in a timely manner.

Underspun

When you are not participating in the general "Spunland" activity, (Press (start) and (x) to leave general Spunland activity) you will find a game to the far west of the space.

(There will be a question mark indicator displayed with it)

In this game you will take form of a Spunland creature and your goal is to illuminate the Spun Bunnies out of hiding.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  (Bunny Found: 100 Spun Points each)

To find a bunny just look for plant/ear like figures sticking out of the ground and you will be able to use a feature called "Illuminate" to get them out of hiding.

Beware though, while running around searching for Spun Bunnies, if you happen to go anywhere near a "Spun Buddy" (More information below) they will immediately run towards you and if they make contact, you will be forced to restart the game.

Spun Buddy (Information by SmokingPistol)

While in the Spunland space you may notice white blob-like figures running out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  (Spun Buddy: 2 Spun Points per second)

These will run around the space freely and if you press the (square) button near them, your avatar will generate a "wave action" which will cause them to follow you.

(Or you can just use the "wave action" from the R1 menu)

While these Spun Buddies follow you you'll gain points but after time they will glow orange, allowing other users to steal him from you by pressing (square).

Rewards   (You can view these at the "Duck with the hat" and must use your Spun Points towards receiving them)

- I will soon also be adding reward pictures from in Home.

Spunland T-Shirt

Spunland T shirt.pngSpunland T shirt 2.png 

(Purchaseable for 1000 Spun Points)

Description: Spunland T-Shirt

Spunland Flowerhead

flower head.png 

(Purchaseable for 1000 Spun Points)

Description: When worn in Spunland enables the wearer to plant up to 3 seeds on available spunpatches.

Spunland Seeds

Spunland Seed.png

(Purchaseable for 5000 Spun Points)

Description: Whenever you visit Spunland you will always start with 3 seeds!

Spunland Cloudhead

cloud head.png Spunland clouds.png

(Purchaseable for 20,000 Spun Points)

Description: When worn in Spunland enables the wearer to create clouds at twice the normal speed.

Spunland Harvesthead

harvesthead.png 

(Purchaseable for 25,000 Spun Points)

Description: When worn in Spunland grants the wearer an extra seed for every seed they mange to collect.

Spun Tree

Spun tree.png 

(Purchaseable for 50,000 Spun Points)

Description: A dancing Spunland tree for your apartment.

Well, that's everything for now, I hope this is helpful and that you all enjoy.

(Please feel free to leave feedback, suggestions or information you believe should be added, thank you.)

Message 1 of 127 (4,482 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Re: Spunland Tutorial (Guide)

Jul 18, 2013

If I would have seen this earlier I would not have made that thread.  Thanks. By the way where did you get instructions?

Message 2 of 127 (4,461 Views)
Fender Bender
2038 posts

Jul 18, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

If I would have seen this earlier I would not have made that thread.  Thanks. By the way where did you get instructions?

You're very welcome and I happened to stay at Spunland most of tonight putting this together, so the instructions are my own.
(If they need more clarification, please let me know.)

I hope you enjoy.
Message 3 of 127 (4,457 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Jul 18, 2013

Thanks for this guide. That Spunland game was confusing as Hell! I had no idea you could go in the sky. I saw a dude up there, but I thought he was just glitching.

Antonio Xul
Message 4 of 127 (4,411 Views)
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Jul 18, 2013

Great job, Lego!

I should have a Homeboy's How To out this morning on this stuff. I wanted to get it out last night, but I didn't have the time to get back on Home and I still need to get a shot of the last prize. And the how to won' t be as detailed as this, so I'm glad someone made one! Smiley Happy

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 5 of 127 (4,407 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Jul 18, 2013

Did they ever fix this space? In EU it never saved ur progress so if u leave and came back u have to start over all over again...

Was this problem fixed?

Let us know?

If not then in the long run this space is a waste of time if it won't save our progress where we left off....

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 6 of 127 (4,357 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Jul 18, 2013

Nice work, Lego!

Message 7 of 127 (4,345 Views)
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Jul 18, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:

Did they ever fix this space? In EU it never saved ur progress so if u leave and came back u have to start over all over again...

Was this problem fixed?

Let us know?

If not then in the long run this space is a waste of time if it won't save our progress where we left off....

There is a glitch that will kick you from the game. Consequently, you will have to leave and return to the space to continue playing. You will also lose any points you have accumulated if you have not saved them. 

I highly recommend saving every 2000 points or so. The save also saves your seeds you currently possess.

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 8 of 127 (4,344 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
406 posts

Jul 18, 2013
Nice!Thanks for this it certainly clears a few things up for me.I also noticed an option to "Steal"(press Square) something by from other players but I'm not sure what triggers it or what is stolen ect...its a weird space spun fun figuring things out... :-)
Message 9 of 127 (4,329 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2038 posts

Jul 18, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:

Was this problem fixed?

Let us know?

They have fixed this now but the save is not automatic, you must talk to the Spun Duck at the north end of the space in order to save your Spun Points.

Once you approach him he will have two features you can utilize, "Save Points" and "Spend Points", you will want to be sure to use "Save points" and then your Spunland progress will be saved.

(As HomeBoy79 recommended it's a really good idea to do this as often as you can)
Message 10 of 127 (4,285 Views)
0 Likes