Aug 06 2014
By: madmunkid Madmunki Official 158 posts

Spunland: Coronation tonight due to problems yesterday...

22 replies 555 views Edited Aug 6, 2014

Spun Salutations folks!

We're having the 41st Kings of Spun Coronation Contest tonight as we had to call it off last night due to problems with Home in general. I am pleased to say that it looks like everything is fine today though and the bug relating to the shop score bonus is now fixed too.

@ITCOB1  (and anyone else interested too) - The Dukes will not be able to show up tonight due to the Coronation, we'll see if we can summon them tomorrow instead...

Have a Spun Day!

madmunkid/Uncle Spun Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 23 (555 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Re: Spunland: Coronation tonight due to problems yesterday...

Aug 6, 2014

I have Spunland Cottage and heard there is update to it but went there and dont notice anything different.  How do I find the update?

Message 2 of 23 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Madmunki Official
158 posts

Aug 6, 2014

Spun Salutations @AbysmalDawna there was indeed an update - can I point you at this forum thread, and let us know if that does not help enough (note there are spoliers in the thread)

Have a Spun Day!

madmunkid/Uncle Spun Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 23 (506 Views)
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

Aug 6, 2014

I am Rennor MaeChoud of the Clan MaeChoud. I was born in 1518 in the village of Glenspunan on the shores of Loch Spun. And I am spunmortal.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!  Unless two are crowned in which case there can only be two. 

Hmmm, let's go with this instead: With heart, faith, and steel. In the end there can be only spun.

Good luck all.

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 4 of 23 (473 Views)
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Aug 7, 2014
LOL, nice one Ren. It is good to see the Forums on an upbeat trend.
Posted Image

Message 5 of 23 (426 Views)
Madmunki Official
158 posts

Aug 7, 2014

sk_060814_web_na.jpg

All Hail @tammy21218   41st NA King of Spun!

I'm pleased to report that the delayed 41st Coronation went without a hitch (well if we pretend Spunland seemingly announcing Sam as the winner later never happened that is). All the usual Uncle Spun ramblings on such are right here.

Big Spun thanks to everyone who took part!

The Happy Duke of Spun should be paying a visit to Spunland today - at about 4pm PDT/7pm EDT, so if you are looking for a certain poster you might want to drop by...

Oh and @Ren_Echo - Love it! There can be only Spun - SPUNTASTIC!!! I have a feeling I will end up using that in the most inapproriate situations Smiley LOL

Have a Spun Day!

madmunkid/ Uncle Spun Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 23 (411 Views)
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

Aug 8, 2014

ITCOB1 wrote:
LOL, nice one Ren. It is good to see the Forums on an upbeat trend.

Bringing the fun back to the forum one post at a time. Smiley Happy

Haven't gotten much sleep this week and the idea came to me in an altered state of consciousness. In fact, I lost my head, litteraly, at the Home Brainiacs event. Of course, I was a zombie at the time so its all good. Luckily, someone leant me their brain for a while and I recovered. Come to think of it, things didn't go well for the protagonist of the movie Altered States so perhaps I should take a nap. Smiley Wink

@madmunkid These quotes were shamlessly borrowed from Highlander but they seemed appropriate for the occassion. Nice to see a new face win this week. Seems there is a lot more competition lately but that's a good thing. I'll have to work harder for that Spun'oween Crown. Speaking of crowns I have a question regarding that but I'll ask it in a spoiler tag since it ties into the additions to the Spunland Cottage.

Spoiler
So we have the Spun Crown 2 for Spunland, the Fourth July Crown for Spunland 4th July, the Spun'oween Crown for Spun'oween. Is there a crown for Secret Spunland?

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 7 of 23 (354 Views)
Madmunki Official
158 posts

Aug 8, 2014

@Ren_Echo Spun Salutations! Your spoiler question is a good one, as yet there is not - but clearly that is an ommision on our part, so we'll sort that out soon, in fact that whole Spunland theme is one we very much want to develop further :-)

As to Highlander, I know Smiley Very Happy Uncle Spun is ancient; Highlander is one of the first films he got to see in the Cinema without his parents, and when he's not in Spunland he's Scottish Smiley Very Happy

there can be only Spun! 

madmunkid/Uncle Spun Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 23 (328 Views)
Wastelander
532 posts

Aug 8, 2014

I would luv 2c this saying on a T-shirt etc. "SPUNLAND IS FUNLAND"                                                                         it would b Spuntastic (^___^)Hav a Spunderful all (^___^)

#SpunForever #HappySpunling4Ever
Message 9 of 23 (311 Views)
Fender Bender
1747 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2014

That's great news that you want to further develop your event-themed Spunlands, @madmunkid . I can't wait to see what new ideas get implemented! Smiley Very Happy

As far as the LAST poster that was missing in my Spunland collect... I FINALLY caught you, Uncle Spun (oh, my, u's BIG o.O) - here's the evidence to prove it!

... and this is the end result....

And yes, my gushings and exaltations are found here as well.

Thanks to @smokingpistol for the mini-guide  and again to madmunki for this awesome update! Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 23 (308 Views)