Dec 18 2013
By: madmunkid Madmunki Official 158 posts

Spun'mas Card Competition and announcing the Final Kings of Spun for 2013...

8 replies 449 views Edited Dec 18, 2013

Hail Homelings!

Uncle Spun has been a little remiss in his posting duties lately, suffering from unspun winter ailments etc - so it's not until today that he gets round to posting on our Final Kings of Spun of 2013.

So... Spun Congratulations are due to @Krybillao (EU) and @Gadereth (NA) - 16th King's of Spun and the last to be crowned under the old system. Uncle Spun's usual write up and pics can be found here. The next Spunland update (don't have a date yet - but january sometime) will introduce a new improved coronation and will also introduce some new features and rewards.

In the meantime, our final Spun shenanigans of 2013 is to announce the Great Spun'mas Card Competition:

From now until 5pm GMT ( 12pm EST, 9am PST ) on the 24th of December we'll be running the Great Spun'mas Card Competition: Simply drop into Spunland, take the most Spuntastically Spun Spun'mas Card picture you can and post it on the facebook page along with your territory (i.e. NA or EU) - the winners will be sent Spunland Voucher Codes, we have a number of Spunland Cottages, Spunny Farthings and other Spuntastic Spun Commerce Items to give away!

We hope you are enjoying Spun'mas Spunland and that you have all got your gift from Father Spun ready for Spun'mas day!

Have a Spun day!

madmunkid :-)

have_a_spun_festive_one.jpg

Message 1 of 9 (449 Views)
I Only Post Everything
566 posts

Re: Spun'mas Card Competition and announcing the Final Kings of Spun for 2013...

Dec 18, 2013

Awesome, thanks!

Message 2 of 9 (446 Views)
Fender Bender
1747 posts

Re: Spun'mas Card Competition and announcing the Final Kings of Spun for 2013...

Dec 18, 2013

WoW - I soooo would like a Spunland Cottage. I am def. game into particpating in this contest. Thanks @madmunkid !!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 9 (414 Views)
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Dec 19, 2013
Ill be posting. Im loving that space. Bought a toilet, unlocked all itens (got my last one today) and will continue to play this space. Its very fun, getting very good at it. Cant wait for the 1st king of spunland contest of 2014 (i missed this last one by 1 day due to work) but hoping to be part of the next one...

BTW- will you be adding more items to unlock with points? Im loving the spunsucker outfit. Im looking forward to partaking in this and winning something (hopefully the cottage) eithor way, keep up the good work and the crazy ideas...
Message 4 of 9 (369 Views)
Madmunki Official
158 posts

Dec 19, 2013

Hey @mrdiamond666 we're spuntastically pleased to hear you are having so much fun with Spunland!

Yes the next updated will include new reward items to unlock - it will also include a big upgrade to Underspun, some fun new behaviour for the Spun Flowers and the return of the Flusho (when Spunland first launched we had him wandering about, but took him out due to bugs and unspun issues). We still don't know the release date yet - but will post once we do!

Looking forwards to seeing your Spun'mas Card entry!

Have a Spun day!

Madmunkid :-)

Message 5 of 9 (335 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Dec 19, 2013
I'm really enjoying Spunmas and looking forward to receiving my Spunmas gifts next week Smiley Happy

I was wondering, with the next update, would it be possible to get some kind of bonuses for Spunland by purchasing/owning mall content?

They could be gameplay bonuses (similar to the flower and tree head) and/or something like a 1 time spun point bonus that goes directly into your spun bank.

I've also been wondering for a while now if there could be someway to implement the LMO and their speed boost into the game. Obviously the actual LMO couldn't be used in the game, but maybe something like how you can preview the items in the spun shop, except during normal spun gameplay so you can move around faster?

Just a few ideas to make collecting Spun points a less tedious chore lol. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9 (294 Views)
Madmunki Official
158 posts

Dec 20, 2013

Spun salutations @Tarazuma - spuntastic to hear that you're enjoying Spun'mas!

Those are some great suggestions you have - we did actually have it so that some commerce items effected the gameplay in Spunland, and have since removed these (for example it used to be the case that the sonic spunner companion stunned rabbits) - but we spend so much of our time making new spun stuff and gameplay that we forget to tell people about what there is sometimes. We've alwys intended to wire up the commerce items to the gamplay, but always seem to run out of time... How about if we made it so that if you are wearing any Spunland full body suit you only lose a fraction of the points that you normally would if you get hit by the Spun Hopper?

As to the LMO's - There is (or was - I'm not sure how it stands now) a technical limitation on LMO's, such that they could not be used in what is 'technically' a mini-game - in fact a key part of spunland was designed around this: that's why you can 'Quit' Spunland and still collect points, so that you can chase rabbits & collect fruit on LMOs - the only things you cannot do when not being in the game are:

plant seeds

visit the shop

interact with the spun crown

Save your score

The reason by the way, is that all of those activities require button presses, which means that you have to be technically part of the game.

The LMOs in the shop are not 'really' LMOs - they don't actually increase your speed  (or have sound effects or particles). It would be possible to replicate LMOs as you suggest, but it is a really really big job, one that we would not want to try doing on top of everything else in Spunland.

Anyway, have a truly great Spun'mas - thanks again for your suggestions & hope to see you in Spunland soon!

All the Spun Best!

madmunkid :-)

Message 7 of 9 (248 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2013

Thanks for the reply @madmunkid  The idea about the spun bodysuits sounds great! Smiley Happy It would be nice if your brought back the other bonuses too.

I understand about the LMO limitation now ...and I didn't actually realize you could still collect fruit and chase rabbits while not in the game haha, I'll have to try that out.

You have a great Spun'mas as well! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9 (235 Views)
Wastelander
532 posts

Dec 20, 2013

I hav2 say the creators n every1 at Spunland r simply Spunriftic.....TyTy for all the hard work u do.....Spunland is #1.....Merry Spunmas Δ__Δall

#SpunForever #HappySpunling4Ever
Message 9 of 9 (228 Views)