Fender Bender
1747 posts

Re: *Spoilers* Acorn Meadows Park: Challenges & Rewards List.

May 28, 2013

TitusF wrote:

Here's the list of challenges compiled just from my end. Though, I can't remember the exact XP each gives, except for a few so I'm not going to list them.

Ranks:

1. Visitor
  2. Groundskeeper
  3. Landscaper
  4. Steward
  5. Ranger

Asterisks (***) indicate a reward item for the corresponding challenge.

Challenges highlighted in Yellow, requires you to own a VEEMEE companion(s) that you must purchase from the store. To purchase the companions needed for the challenges highlighted in Yellow, press start & do the following:

Navigator > Shop > Sidekicks Store > A - Z > First Tab > VEEMEE.

• Hey, big spender!: Spend Acorn vouchers in the park. *** 

(Park Trash Can)

Park Trash Can

• Hey, bigger spender!: Spend 1000 Acorn Vouchers in the park. *** 

(Park Iron Lamp Post)

Park Iron Lamp Post

• Hey, biggest spender!: Spend 10,000 Acorn Vouchers in the park. *** (???)
  • 100 Nutters: Buy a bundle of 100 Acorn Vouchers. 
  • 500 Nutters: Buy a bundle of 500 Acorn Vouchers.
  • 1000 Nutters: Buy a bundle of 1000 Acorn Vouchers.
  • 2000 Nutters: Buy a bundle of 2000 Acorn Vouchers.
  • 5000 Nutters: Buy a bundle of 5000 Acorn Vouchers. 
  • Social Boat Floater: Join several other people's boats.
  • Social Boat Owner: Allow several people to join your boat.
  • Social Rider: Allow several people to join you on your bike.
  • BMX Rider: ride a Park BMX.
  • Penny Farthing Rider: Ride a Park Penny.
  • Mountain Bike Rider: Ride a Park Mountain Bike.
  • Road Racer Rider: Ride a Park Road Racer.
  • Hot Rod Rider: Ride a Park Hot Rod.
  • Bike Rider: Ride any bikes for some time. *** 

(Park Lawn)

Park Lawn Reward

• Boat Floater: Hire a pedal boat.
  • Coffee Connoisseur: Drink a coffee of each type. *** 

(Park Coffee Cup Hat, Male)

Park Coffee Cup Hat Male

• Coffee Glutton: Drink 25 coffees.
  • Coffee Lover: Drink 10 coffees. *** 

(Park Coffee Cup Hat, Female)

Park Coffee Cup Hat Female

• Coffee Taster: Drink 5 Coffees.
  • Beag Walker: Walk your Beagle in the dog park.
  • Col Walker: Walk your Border Collie in the dog park.
  • Rotty Walker: Walk your Rottweiler in the dog park.
  • Russ Walker: Walk your Jack Russel in the dog park.
  • Shep Walker: Walk your German Shepherd in the dog park.
  • Terr Walker: Walk Highland Terrier in the dog park.
  • Park Walker: Walk all Park dogs in the dog park.
  • Dog Lover: Spend 30 minutes walking dogs in the dog park.
  • Hot Dog Glutton: Eat 25 hotdogs.
  • Hot Dog Lover: Eat 10 hotdogs. *** 

(Park Hot Dog Hat, Female)

Park Hot Dog Hat Female

• Hot Dog Taster: Eat 5 hotdogs.
  • Hotdog Connoisseur: Eat a hotdog of each type. *** 

(Park Hot Dog Hat, Male)

Park Hot Dog Hat Male

• Non-Park Walker: Walk all VEEMEE dogs in the dog park.
  • Gold Binx Walker: Walk Golden Binx in the dog park.
  • Choc Binx Walker: Walk Chocolate Binx in the dog park.
  • Binx Walker: Walk Binx in the dog park.
  • Hound Walker: Walk your Wolf Hound in the dog park.
  • Companion Walker: Walk all dogs in the dog park.
  • Ice Cream Connoisseur: Eat an icecream of each type. *** 

(Park Ice Cream Hat, Female)

Park Ice Cream Hat Female

• Ice Cream Glutton: Eat 25 Icecreams. 
  • Ice Cream Lover: Eat 10 Icecreams. *** .

(Park Ice Cream Hat, Male)

Park Ice Cream Hat Male

• Ice Cream Taster: Eat 5 Icecreams.
  • Junk Food Addict: Eat a concessional meal. *** 

(Park Rock Seat)

Park Rock Seat

• Stuff Your Face: Eat a hotdog, an icecream and drink a coffee in one session.
  • Train Driver: Ride the train as driver.
  • Train Rider: Ride the train. *** 

(Park Railway Track)

Park Railway Track

• Long Train Driver: Ride the train as the driver for some time.
  • Long Train Rider: Ride the train for some time. *** 

(Park Rail Crossing)

Park Railway Crossing

• Tandem Rider: Ride a Park Tandem.
  • Transport Tycoon: Cycle, boat, train in one session. 
  • Social Passenger: Join several other people on their bikes.
  • Tandem Passenger: Join someone on a Park Tandem.
  • Last Rider: Be the last one to 'fill' a train to capacity.

Unconfirmed.

• Pedal Boat Lover: Ride each boat type.

Hey Titus - there are a few passenger challenges missing on this list - please add them:

BMX Passenger - Join someone on a Park BMX Bicycle.
Hot Rod Passenger - Join someone on a Park Hot Rod Bicycle.
Mountain Bike Passenger - Join someone on a Park Mountain Bike.
Road Racer Passenger - Join someone on a Park Road Racer Bicycle.

Also, the reward for the BacK Seat Rider challenge (Spend an amount of time as a passenger on a bicycle. (Approximately 5 minutes)) is the Park Bench Reward.

Thanks Titus! Smiley Very Happy

Message 91 of 150 (889 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

May 28, 2013

Hey Titus - there are a few passenger challenges missing on this list - please add them:

Also, the reward for the BacK Seat Rider challenge (Spend an amount of time as a passenger on a bicycle. (Approximately 5 minutes)) is the Park Bench Reward.

Yeah, I said that 2 posts ago. XD I am still trying to figure out if the Back Seat Rider challenge that Alphazone4 mentions (mistakenly) as the way to get the park bench is real or not.

Message 92 of 150 (868 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1747 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

MistressLiliana wrote:

Yeah, I said that 2 posts ago. XD I am still trying to figure out if the Back Seat Rider challenge that Alphazone4 mentions (mistakenly) as the way to get the park bench is real or not.

I thought I had seen this in a previous post ... it's what I get for helping someone plan a wedding - sorry 'bout that Liliana. Hmmm ... Now that I think about this, I think I got the Back Seat Rider reward from either one of two ways - and I remember it being pretty significant - 1) riding ALL of the park bicycles as a passenger or 2) riding as a passenger for more than 20 minutes. Because Home's in Maint atm, I'll have to look into this the next time I'm back in Home (ahem ... counts the hours - it is after Maint yet? Smiley Wink )

I literally was not on Home when I typed up the description, and I think you're correct in how AZ4 mention how this was acquired. Once I see the description of the Back Seat  Rider challenge on AMP, I'll put in a correction. Smiley Very Happy

FYI - buzzed past you in AMP the past couple of mornings btw - you in wardrobe - lol! Wanted to say "Howdy!" Smiley Happy

Message 93 of 150 (849 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1747 posts

May 29, 2013

OK - Description of Back Seat Rider - from an e-mail I got not 30 minutes ago

9:26 AM (27 minutes ago)

to me
Hi,

The "Back Seat Rider" challenge (and Park Bench Reward) is given for joining 10 bikes as a passenger.

Hope this helps,
VEEMEE Support.

So there you are ... I'm updating AZ4's reward list.

Happy Wednesday, y'all! Smiley Very Happy

Message 94 of 150 (832 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

May 29, 2013

goddessbunny42 wrote:

to me
Hi,

The "Back Seat Rider" challenge (and Park Bench Reward) is given for joining 10 bikes as a passenger.

Hope this helps,
VEEMEE Support.

It's not, though. I got that one and it is called Social Passenger. I still haven't managed to find anyone on a Penny Farthing to join so I haven't ridden on the back of every bike type, but I am pretty sure I was on the back of the one guy's bike for over 20 minutes and didn't get it then. either. It is very mysterious. We need the person that has done every challenge to confirm.

Message 95 of 150 (812 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1747 posts

May 29, 2013

MistressLiliana wrote:

goddessbunny42 wrote:

to me
Hi,

Hope this helps,
VEEMEE Support.

It's not, though. I got that one and it is called Social Passenger. I still haven't managed to find anyone on a Penny Farthing to join so I haven't ridden on the back of every bike type, but I am pretty sure I was on the back of the one guy's bike for over 20 minutes and didn't get it then. either. It is very mysterious. We need the person that has done every challenge to confirm.

Hmm ... i'll tell Support about the discrepancy of challenge titles on that one (Social Passenger vs. Back Seat Rider), Liliana. Thanks for bringing that up because I have the Social Passenger challenge completed as well.

Yes, I also had to bring to Support's attention the Penny Farthing Passenger challenge as well. I actually DID complete it because this is what support worte back to me (Note: they DO check the server logs as to when your avi was in the space and logs what your avi did, etc.) -

" In terms of your individual queries:

2) I can't confirm this, but there is a discrepancy between your profile and the event stats. I'm seeing your two Penny Farthing rides (at 2013-05-23 04:04:38 and 2013-05-25 05:50:18), but nothing in your profile. As such, I've updated your profile manually and we'll keep an eye on this to see if it occurs for anyone else. This challenge corresponds to an XP of 10, so I've increased that from 4707 to 4717 at the same time."

This was from an e-mail I received from VEEMEE support this morning (Wed, May 29, 2013 at 5:49 AM). So, my suggestion to you and to everyone who is missing the Penny Farthing Passenger challenge is to contact support@veemee.com and let them know when had completed the challenge (date and approximate time, as well as PSN ID). They will then check the server logs to verify that you had indeed completed said task. Smiley Very Happy

Message 96 of 150 (800 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

May 29, 2013

goddessbunny42 wrote:

MistressLiliana wrote:

goddessbunny42 wrote:

to me
Hi,

Hope this helps,
VEEMEE Support.

Hmm ... i'll tell Support about the discrepancy of challenge titles on that one (Social Passenger vs. Back Seat Rider), Liliana. Thanks for bringing that up because I have the Social Passenger challenge completed as well.

Yes, I also had to bring to Support's attention the Penny Farthing Passenger challenge as well. I actually DID complete it because this is what support worte back to me (Note: they DO check the server logs as to when your avi was in the space and logs what your avi did, etc.) -

2) I can't confirm this, but there is a discrepancy between your profile and the event stats. I'm seeing your two Penny Farthing rides (at 2013-05-23 04:04:38 and 2013-05-25 05:50:18), but nothing in your profile. As such, I've updated your profile manually and we'll keep an eye on this to see if it occurs for anyone else. This challenge corresponds to an XP of 10, so I've increased that from 4707 to 4717 at the same time."

This was from an e-mail I received from VEEMEE support this morning (Wed, May 29, 2013 at 5:49 AM). So, my suggestion to you and to everyone who is missing the Penny Farthing Passenger challenge is to contact support@veemee.com and let them know when had completed the challenge (date and approximate time, as well as PSN ID). They will then check the server logs to verify that you had indeed completed said task. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks, but I haven't actually completed it yet. I was asking every random person I found to join their ride but I didn't see anyone riding a Penny Farthing in the rare few times I was active in a working space.

Message 97 of 150 (782 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1747 posts

May 30, 2013

MistressLiliana wrote:

goddessbunny42 wrote:

MistressLiliana wrote:

goddessbunny42 wrote:

to me
Hi,

Hope this helps,
VEEMEE Support.

Thanks, but I haven't actually completed it yet. I was asking every random person I found to join their ride but I didn't see anyone riding a Penny Farthing in the rare few times I was active in a working space.

Oh ... OK, you haven't ridden on the Penny Farthing as a passenger yet *bunny facepalm*. Sorry, my misunderstanding there Liliana. If If you happen to be in an instance where I'm there (and the bikes actually work at that time), please, feel free to ask me and I'll get a Penny Farthing to help you out. Smiley Happy

And, I finally got the definitive word from VEEMEE Support on the Park Bench reward and the challange its associated to:

Oh dear - Hello again VEEMEE Support -

OK - In discussing this reward on US Sony Home Forum, another disputed this and said that the Back Seat Rider challenge is the same as the Social Passenger challenge. On my completed challenges list, all I have listed is the Social Passenger challenge. It's description says - "Social Passenger: Join several other people on their bikes".
What you have noted, the Park Bench Reward was given when you join 10 people on their bicycle (Back Seat Rider challenge). So the question becomes is the Back Seat Rider challenge the exact same challenge as the Social Passenger one? IF these are the exact same challenge, then I propose a suggestion for this discrepancy. The Park Bench Reward's description should read as follows:

A park bench furniture item.
Rewarded in Acorn Meadows Park for completing the challenge 'Social Passenger'.

OR If they are different, create a Back Seat Rider challenge on the list and credit us for the xp that is missing.
Please help us with this quandry ... Thanks again!

goddessbunny42

-----

Hi goddessbunny42,

Thanks for getting in touch. Looks like you are right - the description of the object is incorrect, or rather it is out-of-sync with the text in the challenges. We changed the name of this challenge before release, but it looks like the object description was not updated.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
VEEMEE Support

There, Liliana! We've righted Support! They will be updating the Park Bench reward description with the correct challenge, which means ...

Titus - please put the Park Bench reward pic (we both posted it) with e Social Passenger challenge.

Thanks Liliana for your help! Smiley Very Happy

Message 98 of 150 (763 Views)
Survivor
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Zeelot wrote:

Also this space is a good location to see Japan content as many flock here with their rewards,dance moves and clothing(only available in Japan) which im assuming it's a ISE transaction which im was told.

It's not ISE, those are actual JP users in the space, as there is a way for all regions to meet in that and other public spaces, which is nice, but I suspect it wont last.

After the Maintenance on Wednesday, I read the announcement in Japanese. It said that Sony in JP has blocked the JP users from going to the public spaces outside JP Home. I don't know if the JP users still have the rewards from the park.

Message 99 of 150 (730 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

May 31, 2013

goddessbunny42 wrote:

MistressLiliana wrote:

goddessbunny42 wrote:

MistressLiliana wrote:

goddessbunny42 wrote:

to me
Hi,

Hope this helps,
VEEMEE Support.

Oh ... OK, you haven't ridden on the Penny Farthing as a passenger yet *bunny facepalm*. Sorry, my misunderstanding there Liliana. If If you happen to be in an instance where I'm there (and the bikes actually work at that time), please, feel free to ask me and I'll get a Penny Farthing to help you out. Smiley Happy

And, I finally got the definitive word from VEEMEE Support on the Park Bench reward and the challange its associated to:

Oh dear - Hello again VEEMEE Support -

OK - In discussing this reward on US Sony Home Forum, another disputed this and said that the Back Seat Rider challenge is the same as the Social Passenger challenge. On my completed challenges list, all I have listed is the Social Passenger challenge. It's description says - "Social Passenger: Join several other people on their bikes".
What you have noted, the Park Bench Reward was given when you join 10 people on their bicycle (Back Seat Rider challenge). So the question becomes is the Back Seat Rider challenge the exact same challenge as the Social Passenger one? IF these are the exact same challenge, then I propose a suggestion for this discrepancy. The Park Bench Reward's description should read as follows:

A park bench furniture item.
Rewarded in Acorn Meadows Park for completing the challenge 'Social Passenger'.

OR If they are different, create a Back Seat Rider challenge on the list and credit us for the xp that is missing.
Please help us with this quandry ... Thanks again!

goddessbunny42

-----

Hi goddessbunny42,

Thanks for getting in touch. Looks like you are right - the description of the object is incorrect, or rather it is out-of-sync with the text in the challenges. We changed the name of this challenge before release, but it looks like the object description was not updated.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
VEEMEE Support

There, Liliana! We've righted Support! They will be updating the Park Bench reward description with the correct challenge, which means ...

Titus - please put the Park Bench reward pic (we both posted it) with e Social Passenger challenge.

Thanks Liliana for your help! Smiley Very Happy

Awesome, so that means there is not a seperate challenge for spending a lot of time as a passenger then, correct? I know I was a passenger for over 20 minutes once and didn't get a notice that I finished a challenge, but if it requires 30 minutes then I wouldn't have gotten it yet. I swear they should just give up on the ??? crap and just openly list all the challenges so we know what we are doing. I will be sure to hit you up if I see you around so I can finally complete the Penny Farthing and ride as a passenger on all bikes challenges, then if I could only find 5 more boats to join I would be good for now.

Message 100 of 150 (716 Views)
0 Likes