Uncharted Territory
889 posts

Re: *Spoilers* Acorn Meadows Park: Challenges & Rewards List.

May 10, 2013
LOL Thanks Jus! Thanks for finishing the caboose with me today! I can't believe we got everybody through that!

OMG that is literally the hardest thing on the list. I might have been willing to pay another $86 for someone else to do it for me, lol. That was a pile of patient people!

The trick, we found, in case someone else is going to try it, is you literally have to have everyone on the train understanding what you are trying to do. We must have spent an hour or so with random people jumping off and on. The communication system has a huge lag, so by the time you've brought them up to speed, or tried to, they've left.

So I only have three items left to complete. We'll all see if I get hosed or not, LOL!
Message 41 of 150 (1,196 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
32 posts

May 10, 2013

your welcome :smileyhappy: and good luck! instead of doing task in the park, i now use it for dr pepper machine parades :robotvery-happy: haha! im always ready to help,or hang,so feel free to add if another such situation arises.or just for the heck of it! lol again,good luck *fingers crossed*

Message 42 of 150 (1,180 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4346 posts

May 10, 2013

SkitzStatus wrote:

your welcome :smileyhappy: and good luck! instead of doing task in the park, i now use it for dr pepper machine parades :robotvery-happy: haha! im always ready to help,or hang,so feel free to add if another such situation arises.or just for the heck of it! lol again,good luck *fingers crossed*

It's also a fun place to have picnic...

20130502 031333.jpg

20130502 031401.jpg

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 43 of 150 (1,136 Views)
Welcoming Committee
2749 posts

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013
Leveling up goes surprisingly fast. I think I will pass on any big acorn purchases until I know what lies ahead. I am now at lvl 24 and I am still rather entertained by the space.
Posted Image

Message 44 of 150 (1,070 Views)
Fender Bender
2114 posts

May 17, 2013

I'm confused. For one thing, even if the final reward was a private space, how would that be worth $86.00? Actually, don't answer; it couldn't be.

For another thing, the developers don't make these spaces for free. How much you spend in these spaces to support them is up to each of you. If $86.00 seems too much (and why wouldn't it?), spend less.

Third, you have to know that most rewards can be obtained in most spaces for free - if you're patient. If you have to have everything NOW, don't blame the developer for the money you chose to spend.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 45 of 150 (812 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

May 17, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

I'm confused. For one thing, even if the final reward was a private space, how would that be worth $86.00? Actually, don't answer; it couldn't be.

For another thing, the developers don't make these spaces for free. How much you spend in these spaces to support them is up to each of you. If $86.00 seems too much (and why wouldn't it?), spend less.

Third, you have to know that most rewards can be obtained in most spaces for free - if you're patient. If you have to have everything NOW, don't blame the developer for the money you chose to spend.

I totally agree w/ most of your post, except the rewards being free if your patient. While in most spaces that is correct, in the Park there are a couple that will require some money to be spent. I haven't unlocked all the " ??? " challenges yet, but those who have said some of those challenges require buying each type of acorn pack & also there are challenges requiring us to use all the versions of the Binx & Wolf Hound dogs. I could possibly see using Binx or Wolf Hound since it's a park & those are VeeMee items, it's the having to buy each type of acorn pack that kind of erks me. They are way too pricey, plus if you think about it what if nDreams required us to buy every type upgrade & consumable to complete Aurora. As stated before tho, I've spent enough time & energy that I'm sure I will purchase the required items just to get a 100% completion at the park. Tho those will be the final challenges I go after, with the hopes they lower the acorn pack prices by the time I need to do them. Still love the space & hope it expands regularly, but tweaking a few things here & there wouldn't hurt either lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 46 of 150 (782 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2684 posts

May 17, 2013

I still kinda wonder what kinda reward would be for the 10,000 acorns, i myself think it should be something big because a lampost for 1000 wasnt what i expected lol Oh well i love the space and the activities it brings us.:smileywink:

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 47 of 150 (774 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

May 17, 2013

Zeelot wrote:

I still kinda wonder what kinda reward would be for the 10,000 acorns, i myself think it should be something big because a lampost for 1000 wasnt what i expected lol Oh well i love the space and the activities it brings us.:smileywink:

I forget who posted it so sorry for not giving credit :^) ,.. The reward for spending 10k acorns is a tiny tree & by tiny I mean it fits on a coffee table lol. Someone posted a pic of it in 1 of the Park threads, sorry I forget which 1 or who posted it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 48 of 150 (768 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1746 posts

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

TC915 wrote:

Zeelot wrote:

I forget who posted it so sorry for not giving credit :^) ,.. The reward for spending 10k acorns is a tiny tree & by tiny I mean it fits on a coffee table lol. Someone posted a pic of it in 1 of the Park threads, sorry I forget which 1 or who posted it.

Actually, it was JoyceHairHelmet who took it for the team and "earned" the tabletop tree reward for spending 10k acorns (after dishing out $86.00). I asked her to post the photos of said tree in this same thread: 10k reward

I couldn't justify spending THAT much on a tabletop tree - I was expecting something much grander! :smileysad:

EDIT: Grander ... Hmmm ... maybe it could be something to do with those photos of what looked like another apartment or space posted on the Poster easels all over the Park in the 1st week or so of AMP's release.

Message 49 of 150 (750 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

May 17, 2013

I think there should be a challenge with a reward for dodging bikes that try and push you around on purpose lol

Message 50 of 150 (734 Views)