Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 10/19/2008
Offline
478 posts
 

Re: Space invites and GO TO can get you banned?

Sep 16, 2009

cbeyond wrote:

trance12 wrote:

Igax wrote:

To the origanal poster give up on trying to convince the Fanbois that anything is Sony's fault or that anything is broken in Home.

 

Keep a camera handy (since Sony in all its wisdom refuses to allow us to take SS through the software) and if you feel threatend by mods ever again snap a photo of the chat and as much of the screen as you can. Then inform Sony of the transgression and let them know you got a record of what happened.

 


Oh believe me, I do.  Unfortunately I can't seem to post the links to those videos here.  They seem to mysteriously disappear all the time.  I'm not hard to find on YouTube anyway.

 


 

Maybe you should get ADAMpwns to post his videos again.

I particularly liked the way he captured not only the mod...but also his text chat in regards to disconnecting their Apache servers to hide their hacking.

Classic.


Those vids were funny, showed wrongdoing on everyones part. I loved the part at the end "dude, don't rat me out" " I won't" lol


Get your Portable ID!
youtube.com/ss4kain
Message 81 of 87 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/16/2008
Offline
6846 posts
 

Re: Space invites and GO TO can get you banned?

Sep 17, 2009

Sskain wrote:

cbeyond wrote:

trance12 wrote:

Igax wrote:

To the origanal poster give up on trying to convince the Fanbois that anything is Sony's fault or that anything is broken in Home.

 

Keep a camera handy (since Sony in all its wisdom refuses to allow us to take SS through the software) and if you feel threatend by mods ever again snap a photo of the chat and as much of the screen as you can. Then inform Sony of the transgression and let them know you got a record of what happened.

 


Oh believe me, I do.  Unfortunately I can't seem to post the links to those videos here.  They seem to mysteriously disappear all the time.  I'm not hard to find on YouTube anyway.

 


 

Maybe you should get ADAMpwns to post his videos again.

I particularly liked the way he captured not only the mod...but also his text chat in regards to disconnecting their Apache servers to hide their hacking.

Classic.


Those vids were funny, showed wrongdoing on everyones part. I loved the part at the end "dude, don't rat me out" " I won't" lol


Aw come on, y'all . . . You've GOTTA share these videos with me

 

Adam . . . Please?

"I want to fly, into the sky
Turn my back on this whole world and leave it all behind
This place is not my home. It's got nothing for me
Only leaves me with emptiness And tears in my eyes"


PSMVP: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Message 82 of 87 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/06/2007
Offline
628 posts
 

Re: Space invites and GO TO can get you banned?

Sep 17, 2009

Reverend_M wrote:

I agree you need to keep a video camera handy when on the PS3 or anything of the sort. Or on the computer. In fact, keep one handy any time you deal with software that you feel may be risky. Or when you update. That way if anything goes wrong, you have video evidence that you did nothing wrong yourself.

 

However . . . the emboldened part: Uh . . . do you not know of the Camera feature that is coming soon? And why blame Sony for not having SS through the software as if it's common practice now to have it everywhere and Sony is behind the times???


Because it is nothing new, software on the PC has had the option to take a SS for decades now. Also the fact that on this very forum a blue name let slip that Home does in fact take a SS when you send in a report for abuse. Hence the reason you are asked to make sure you are looking at the offensive photo on someone's personal space wall when you hit report. Sony Devs just have not given the user the option to do so and allow us to save it locally.

 

Also there are several PS3 titles that allow (in fact some of them are all about it)  you to make a SS and save it locally. Very old tech and its silly that Home does not have the feature.

Home is a failure, on the bright side its a free babysitter.

PS3 Trophies
Message 83 of 87 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/16/2008
Offline
6846 posts
 

Re: Space invites and GO TO can get you banned?

Sep 17, 2009

Igax wrote:

Reverend_M wrote:

I agree you need to keep a video camera handy when on the PS3 or anything of the sort. Or on the computer. In fact, keep one handy any time you deal with software that you feel may be risky. Or when you update. That way if anything goes wrong, you have video evidence that you did nothing wrong yourself.

 

However . . . the emboldened part: Uh . . . do you not know of the Camera feature that is coming soon? And why blame Sony for not having SS through the software as if it's common practice now to have it everywhere and Sony is behind the times???


Because it is nothing new, software on the PC has had the option to take a SS for decades now. Also the fact that on this very forum a blue name let slip that Home does in fact take a SS when you send in a report for abuse. Hence the reason you are asked to make sure you are looking at the offensive photo on someone's personal space wall when you hit report. Sony Devs just have not given the user the option to do so and allow us to save it locally.

 

Also there are several PS3 titles that allow (in fact some of them are all about it)  you to make a SS and save it locally. Very old tech and its silly that Home does not have the feature.


Hahaha, You cannot compare a PC to a console. That'd be like me complaining that since text editing software is REALLY old then the PS3 OS needs to have that ability so that I can create some documents on it, or many many other features. It's comparing apples to oranges!

 

 And yeah the PS3 has had the ability to use SS since Resistance way back in 2007 (they didn't have it when the game first released I don't think), but it wasn't really native to the OS. It merely SUPPORTS the ability, which creative devs can do all sorts of things that are not native to the PS3 OS! Yeah home also has been taking SS through the report feature . . . okay . . . Sooo . . . what's the big deal, and thinking that Sony is behind the times just because they didn't include the feature again? Again, you can't compare the PC to the PS3, PCs have FAR more features than the PS3 OS will ever have. Apples to oranges. And just because some devs went the extra mile and got SS does not automatically mean Sony should have already had this feature from the start in home or something. They've got better things to deliver to us than consider SS from the start. 

 

And no I'm not defending Sony with this, since there's a handful of features that not only Home, but the PS3 itself was planned to have and hasn't yet been delivered. I agree that SS has been wanted since Launch of Home Open Beta and I'm all for it, but to complain and act as though it's a shock that it hasn't already happened because apparently it's the norm for a gaming console to have SS ability, is rather . . . illogical.

"I want to fly, into the sky
Turn my back on this whole world and leave it all behind
This place is not my home. It's got nothing for me
Only leaves me with emptiness And tears in my eyes"


PSMVP: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Message 84 of 87 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 01/10/2009
Offline
374 posts
 

Re: Space invites and GO TO can get you banned?

Sep 17, 2009

trance12 wrote:

So get this... you receive an invite from a friend, so you accept it not knowing where it leads and end up in a merged server.  Then a couple of mods show up, freeze everybody and start making threats.  Then they (two mods) follow you to a private space and inform you that being in merged servers could cause you to get banned.

 

So, it would probably be a good idea not to ever accept invitations from friends.  On the same note, you may never want to use the GOTO function either, since you can inadvertantly end up on a merged server.  And since I once ended up in a merged server (I believe) by accessing the world map, you probably shouldn't do that either.  In fact, just don't go anywhere on home so you can't be threatened with the ban hammer!

 

Users have NO foreknowledge or control over where they will end up when they accept an invitation or use the GO TO function!

 

REALLY!  This scare tactic is below the belt!  I am very curious to know exactly where in the TOSUA it states you cannot be on a merged server, regardless of whether or not it was intentional.  In fact, I demand to know the exact paragraph.  I want to see this in writing. 

 

Rather than making nasty threats and intimidating people, it may be more productive to spend the time and resources on resolving the problem.

 


lolzzz so true

Message 85 of 87 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/06/2007
Offline
628 posts
 

Re: Space invites and GO TO can get you banned?

Sep 17, 2009

Reverend_M wrote:

Hahaha, You cannot compare a PC to a console. That'd be like me complaining that since text editing software is REALLY old then the PS3 OS needs to have that ability so that I can create some documents on it, or many many other features. It's comparing apples to oranges!

 

 And yeah the PS3 has had the ability to use SS since Resistance way back in 2007 (they didn't have it when the game first released I don't think), but it wasn't really native to the OS. It merely SUPPORTS the ability, which creative devs can do all sorts of things that are not native to the PS3 OS! Yeah home also has been taking SS through the report feature . . . okay . . . Sooo . . . what's the big deal, and thinking that Sony is behind the times just because they didn't include the feature again? Again, you can't compare the PC to the PS3, PCs have FAR more features than the PS3 OS will ever have. Apples to oranges. And just because some devs went the extra mile and got SS does not automatically mean Sony should have already had this feature from the start in home or something. They've got better things to deliver to us than consider SS from the start. 

 

And no I'm not defending Sony with this, since there's a handful of features that not only Home, but the PS3 itself was planned to have and hasn't yet been delivered. I agree that SS has been wanted since Launch of Home Open Beta and I'm all for it, but to complain and act as though it's a shock that it hasn't already happened because apparently it's the norm for a gaming console to have SS ability, is rather . . . illogical.


Sony Ships the PS3 (or did in the beginning anyway) as a Personal Computer in order to get around a console tax in some country... dont recall where. SO I could argue its a PC after all which it really is from a hardware prespective.

 

At any rate I have been disapointed in Sony for a while, its really a lot of little things but in the end I am a PS3 owneronly because M$ pissed me off more

 

For the most part PS3 has made me happy, Home on the other hand, well its really not what Sony said it was going to be, its a huge disappointment. I dont have to pay for it so I tend to keep silent on it most of the time. But not having the option of a SS in a piece of software like Home is to me just plain Silly. And the studio apartment without video capture was insult to injury IMO. 

Home is a failure, on the bright side its a free babysitter.

PS3 Trophies
Message 86 of 87 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
Registered: 01/23/2009
Offline
658 posts
 

Re: Space invites and GO TO can get you banned?

Sep 17, 2009

trance12 wrote:

So get this... you receive an invite from a friend, so you accept it not knowing where it leads and end up in a merged server.  Then a couple of mods show up, freeze everybody and start making threats.  Then they (two mods) follow you to a private space and inform you that being in merged servers could cause you to get banned.

 

So, it would probably be a good idea not to ever accept invitations from friends.  On the same note, you may never want to use the GOTO function either, since you can inadvertantly end up on a merged server.  And since I once ended up in a merged server (I believe) by accessing the world map, you probably shouldn't do that either.  In fact, just don't go anywhere on home so you can't be threatened with the ban hammer!

 

Users have NO foreknowledge or control over where they will end up when they accept an invitation or use the GO TO function!

 

REALLY!  This scare tactic is below the belt!  I am very curious to know exactly where in the TOSUA it states you cannot be on a merged server, regardless of whether or not it was intentional.  In fact, I demand to know the exact paragraph.  I want to see this in writing. 

 

Rather than making nasty threats and intimidating people, it may be more productive to spend the time and resources on resolving the problem.

 


 

Explain matters in a calm rational manner rather then abuse your privlages and make unwarrented threats?   SONY needs to hire you a.s.a.p
Message Edited by Angry_Santa on 09-16-2009 10:02 PM
Goodbye PSN home, You made the PS3 different, In a good way.

Message 87 of 87 (11 Views)
0 Likes