Dec 16 2013
By: cooder33 First Son 12 posts

Sony support in the dark

10 replies 234 views Edited Dec 16, 2013
Ok, get this, I just called Sony support (9.00am UK time). I spoke to "Gregg", asking if he has any update on Home or it's return. He DIDNT EVEN KNOW home was down! His 'team' had not been told and they we're completely unaware of anything about problems with home. He went away to find out more. When he returned, he was told that they would be getting an email about the situation this afternoon. Impressive huh?
Message 1 of 11 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

Re: Sony support in the dark

Dec 16, 2013
Customer service knows next to nothing about Home, kind of like the Home staff itself.
Message 2 of 11 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Dec 16, 2013

:^/ We won't know anything until Monday. Technically, it's Monday now, but office hours aren't until after sun up, etc.

Message 3 of 11 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Dec 16, 2013

Wow harsh. Well that's okay cause I called sony the 2nd day it was down and the guy I talked to when I told him psh was down and asked him why it was down and how long it would take to come back on he said sorry I can't tell you anything because we have nothing to do with psh he said psh is totally different from us but then the funny thing is he then turned around and said well I doubt it will be back on tonight but possibly tomorrow. Then on the 3rd day I called sony and talked to a woman she said she couldn't tell me anything but she said well let me find out for you so she left and came back and told me she talked to her supervisor and that they said psh is down and not sure when it will be back up.

Message 4 of 11 (218 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Dec 16, 2013
Reminds me of the time I called sony for my vaio laptop I got so I can have windows 8 not break every update like I did on my Mac... I asked about the SSD built in.. Before I baught it.. Couldn't find at time if it was using standard 2.5 sata 3 SSD or a msata card on sata 2..
I asked the support and the guy took 25 minutes on hold came back and asked me "what is the exact purpose of an SSD?" I jut about died.. I couldn't even laugh I was so amazing how stupid he is...I mean I can understand some may not know... But it was his job to know and if he didn't is to find out..
I think sony just asks 1 question "can u answer a phone?" If yes then hired..
its sticky and ickey
Message 5 of 11 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Dec 16, 2013

CookieConchetta complained:
Reminds me of the time I called sony for my vaio laptop I got so I can have windows 8 not break every update like I did on my Mac... I asked about the SSD built in.. Before I baught it.. Couldn't find at time if it was using standard 2.5 sata 3 SSD or a msata card on sata 2..
I asked the support and the guy took 25 minutes on hold came back and asked me "what is the exact purpose of an SSD?" I jut about died.. I couldn't even laugh I was so amazing how stupid he is... I mean I can understand some may not know... But it was his job to know and if he didn't is to find out..
I think sony just asks 1 question "can u answer a phone?" If yes then hired..

:^/ Yeah, it's his job to help you, but it can't be his job to know everything there is to know about the product. The engineers who designed the product are the only ones who know it that well, and they aren't going to spend their time on the phones with the customers. They're busy designing the next product that hasn't gone into production yet.

No, most manufacturers hire third party companies to do tech support, and most such parties train their techs as little as they can get away with because classroom time costs money and eats into the profit margin.

That, and being new on the job happens to everybody. Putting time in as a newcomer is where experience comes from.

Message 6 of 11 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

Dec 16, 2013
Picking up a phone and answering it is probably about all they know how to do, most of them anyway.
Message 7 of 11 (187 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Dec 16, 2013
I tested other companies on prerelease products which are days away from being sold in stores.. I haven't had any other problems.only problem I had was with apple being uncertain about SSD read and write speed but they told me move to mSata and now using PCI-e memory.. They told me not supported for me to swap the storage out, but I can be done, by controller card may not support TRIM on the type of memory from other companies.. Is true.. And this was only after they announced the new MacBook Pro retina wasn't going to ship for another couple weeks.. I asked HP, Dell, Asus.. After sony.. I was already going for sony design.. But curious to know if this is such advanced and rapid changes to internal hardware across so many lines.. If it was common.. Turns out only derp I got was at Sony..that's my experience..it's a great laptop. Actually one of best performance machines..It's the latest Z line 13 or 14 inch..I have to look it up and dif it out of junk drawer.. If anyone wants to spend $1,300 on a polished turd... This is your best bet..
Defiantly not a MacBook Pro killer.. Too flimsy.. Even with carbon fiber and titanium and magnesium and and polycarbonates..feels like jello compare. To my MacBook Pro.. Is solid as a rock.. Actually lighter also..is interesting.. Battery life is tragic.. Like 3 or 4 hours just sitting there doing nothing.. My max can just sit there doing nothing for upwards of 9 hours.. Almost irritating seeing it at 0% and it's still going for another 10 minutes.. Lol
its sticky and ickey
Message 8 of 11 (173 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28573 posts

Dec 16, 2013

Customer Service do not deal with betas. That is pretty true all around. Betas handle their own support issues directly with Community Managers, Developers and/or Producers.

This is also true with live MMOs and MMORPGs. And it's with PlayStation Home.

This is due to the fact that these types of programs are constantly being update and changed, with new content being added on a weekly basis and some older ones being removed. There is no way Customer Service can keep up with these changes, and help people with problems to over hundreds of other games, along with issues to multiple PlayStation consoles and devices.

That is why we rely on Joystick_Warrior in PlayStation®Home Support. He answers our questions and gives us direct help if he is able. If he can't and the issue is more complex, he will forward the question/problem to the respective Developers and Producers.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 9 of 11 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Dec 16, 2013
So where the hell IS he?
Message 10 of 11 (128 Views)
0 Likes