Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Re: Sony please stop putting guns in Home.

Dec 21, 2012
Why do people only care when there's a tragedy?
Message 121 of 145 (151 Views)
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
25 posts

Dec 21, 2012

I don't agree with this. I personally don't see a problem with guns in games. If, god forbid, there was a huge car accident killing the same amount of children on a school bus,  should Sony stop putting cars in games? Cars and guns could be equally as dangerous, but it all depends on what idiot is behind them. Anyway, with the dualing game the point is not to kill the other player, but to shoot the other players gun out of their hand. I see no problem with that at all.

Message 122 of 145 (138 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Dec 21, 2012

RankoSao wrote:
Technically, guns ARENT bad, its how certain use them that makes them seem bad. Also, ever since a certain christmas movie, guns have been inextricably linked with christmas

See this is what I'm talking about when did I ever say "Guns are bad"?

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 123 of 145 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
591 posts

Dec 21, 2012

"How can parents try to explain what happen and guns are bad when"

I think those were your words...

Message 124 of 145 (128 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Dec 21, 2012

AceofSpades213 wrote:
I personally think if I (or any other adult) wants to enjoy guns in Home, they should be allowed to.

If not, I recommend removing Home all together because chances are there is some sort of tragedy linked to every item in Home, if that's why guns should be removed. You can also say that any item can lead kids and adults to making poor decisions- swords, knives, guns, revealing dresses, men being shirtless, tattoos, certain haircuts, masks, mobster suits, wild animal companions, "club" environments, devil/demon costumes, fireworks, literally anything.

I personally don't think Home devs should be censored because of one tragedy. If this is more about "violent games making kids violent," then it is the parent's job to control that. So Sony says you get a reward for shooting someone? Take the game/system away. Last I knew taking away video games wasn't child abuse. You think your kid is becoming more violent because of too many games with guns? Buy them games without them or limit them to an hour a day. If you don't have the time for all of this then you don't have time to raise a child properly and you shouldn't have had a kid in the first place. It's your job to censor your child, not the rest of the world's, no matter how difficult it is or how much they hear opposite to what you are teaching them.

First Home is still a free program.  Do you think there are kids out there that lie about there age?  YES!!!  If you want guns that's fine go play some game that have guns in it.  There are tons to pick from. 

2nd your way off topic.  This is also not just about "one tragedy" I listed a few different reasons why they should stop adding more guns to Home.

GAPHome

General

Message 125 of 145 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Dec 21, 2012

RankoSao wrote:

"How can parents try to explain what happen and guns are Good and you should always play with them when ever you see one"

I think those were your words...

Is that better?  Obvious I was just explaining what a parent would tell there kids about guns, and that was in no way me saying guns are bad.

GAPHome

General

Message 126 of 145 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Dec 21, 2012

JarOfApples wrote:

I don't agree with this. I personally don't see a problem with guns in games. If, god forbid, there was a huge car accident killing the same amount of children on a school bus,  should Sony stop putting cars in games? Cars and guns could be equally as dangerous, but it all depends on what idiot is behind them. Anyway, with the dualing game the point is not to kill the other player, but to shoot the other players gun out of their hand. I see no problem with that at all.

How would a School bus go on a rampage and start killing kids?  If a madman lost it and started killing a large number of people/kids and then a week latter Home came out with a game where you kill people while driveing a School bus...  Yes, that also would be in bad taste.

You did read the part of thoes links I posted where it said this guy use to be a normal guy tell he started playing violent video games.  I also posted another link saying that our own Government are going to start a study to study the effects these games have on us.

GAPHome

General

Message 127 of 145 (111 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
780 posts

Dec 21, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

JarOfApples wrote:

How would a School bus go on a rampage and start killing kids?  If a madman lost it and started killing a large number of people/kids and then a week latter Home came out with a game where you kill people while driveing a School bus...  Yes, that also would be in bad taste.

You did read the part of thoes links I posted where it said this guy use to be a normal guy tell he started playing violent video games.  I also posted another link saying that our own Government are going to start a study to study the effects these games have on us.

You're a funny guy, King. You can try to be some saving grace by complaining about a simplistic flintlock dueling game within Home, but you'll never stop death. No matter how hard the world trys, death is inevitable. It doesn't matter if you think you could prevent the death of hundreds because there will always be a hundred more willing to take that place. That's the beauty of humans, we can practically do whatever we want, we just need the mindset and will power to do it. That is the one thing you'll never change, king, and that is the human mind.

Message 128 of 145 (102 Views)
Lombax Warrior
184 posts

Dec 21, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

AceofSpades213 wrote:
I personally think if I (or any other adult) wants to enjoy guns in Home, they should be allowed to.

If not, I recommend removing Home all together because chances are there is some sort of tragedy linked to every item in Home, if that's why guns should be removed. You can also say that any item can lead kids and adults to making poor decisions- swords, knives, guns, revealing dresses, men being shirtless, tattoos, certain haircuts, masks, mobster suits, wild animal companions, "club" environments, devil/demon costumes, fireworks, literally anything.

I personally don't think Home devs should be censored because of one tragedy. If this is more about "violent games making kids violent," then it is the parent's job to control that. So Sony says you get a reward for shooting someone? Take the game/system away. Last I knew taking away video games wasn't child abuse. You think your kid is becoming more violent because of too many games with guns? Buy them games without them or limit them to an hour a day. If you don't have the time for all of this then you don't have time to raise a child properly and you shouldn't have had a kid in the first place. It's your job to censor your child, not the rest of the world's, no matter how difficult it is or how much they hear opposite to what you are teaching them.

First Home is still a free program.  Do you think there are kids out there that lie about there age?  YES!!!  If you want guns that's fine go play some game that have guns in it.  There are tons to pick from. 

2nd your way off topic.  This is also not just about "one tragedy" I listed a few different reasons why they should stop adding more guns to Home.

The same can be said to you- don't want guns? Don't play Home. 

Way off topic? Oh sorry I was just commenting on things I read you talking about already. 

Message 129 of 145 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
591 posts

Dec 21, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

JarOfApples wrote:

Lies.. video games dont change people like that, if he was affected at all, its because he already had problems.. these are people were talking about, you cant change peoples minds like you could a document or a computer program

Message 130 of 145 (81 Views)