Fender Bender
4910 posts

Re: Sony You Need To Deliever From Day 1!!

Jun 19, 2007

aaronht3 wrote:
totally agree with you. launch was messed up. they been working on ps3 for how long before it came out? about 4 years.they should have already had the developmental stage complete by launch.another great sony mess up.what about psp camera in america,psp network like in europe,psx,and soon to be blu-ray.cause no one will by 500 blu ray players.same price as ps3 in sept.499.99.lol    keep up the work sony.  we keep buying.

jezzus. quit whining would ya?
Message 11 of 21 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Jun 20, 2007

aaronht3 wrote:
totally agree with you. launch was messed up. they been working on ps3 for how long before it came out? about 4 years.they should have already had the developmental stage complete by launch.another great sony mess up.what about psp camera in america,psp network like in europe,psx,and soon to be blu-ray.cause no one will by 500 blu ray players.same price as ps3 in sept.499.99.lol    keep up the work sony.  we keep buying.

Launch was messed up? Messed up as... every retailer completely sold out for months?

Of course they had the "developmental" stage prepared by launch. Sony has had everything hardware-related ready from day one. You think Sony messed up?
-Did Sony have an online network up, ready to play online games at launch... unlike another console?
-Did Sony have to make a whole new console because their "next gen" console did not have the features of its competetors?

Saying that Sony messed up is an overstatement. Saying that the other consoles messed up is an understatement. The Playstation 3 was and has been more suited and prepared for the gamers than any other console.

When it comes to the PSP camera, that was no big deal. It's hard to consider it a mess up since there wasn't much to begin with in the first place. The same thing for PSX. And Blu Ray players? They're selling a lot damn better than HD DVD players.

At times, I'm ashamed to share the same font color as others...

Message 12 of 21 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5677 posts

Jun 20, 2007

Big_Man_G wrote:

and if home didnt have a virtual store where you can download demos,blu-ray full films, full ps1+ps2 games, home will not go far with out this!!
Who Agrees...

I think it would be great to have a place on the PS3 where you could do all of that with awesome weekly updates !!!

I wouldn't mind downloading a great game demo, awesome movie trailer, or buy decent things online from my PS3 !!!

Why couldn't Sony do that from the start ???

Message 13 of 21 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1019 posts

Jun 20, 2007
I agree
Message 14 of 21 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Jun 20, 2007
well not day 1. maybe week 1 or week 2 but not day 1.

the thing is if sony waits too long to deliver an update people will lose intrest and leave,but when they deliver the update people will come back and then lose intrest etc. What sony needs to do is make updates as often as they can without making players overwhelmed and make the updates actually powerful that will make people go "WOW". With both of these things together sony will make it so people don't lose intrest between updates.
3 Out Of 2 People Don't Understand Fractions. My ID is stickyblah feel free to add me.
Message 15 of 21 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3916 posts

Jun 20, 2007
Doesn't day 1 start when it's released around late september or early october when it's released? Home isn't even released yet!!! Why complain now? Wait until then and see what home has then. Complain about this subject around october. I'm surprised this wasn't locked.
Message 16 of 21 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1825 posts

Jun 20, 2007

Shnozzle wrote:
What do you mean by day one?

Massive online communities like Playstation Home take time to develop, test, and improve. Asking Sony to create a world as amazing as Home, and have it ready to awe people immediately is asking the impossible. There's no need to rush Home, and that's why we are going through two beta phases. Plus, Home isn't even ready yet! That's why there are 15,000 testers working to improve Home through the closed beta. Without the beta, there would obviosuly be flaws in Home that Sony couldn't find by itself. Sony needs the opinions and point of views from the gamers of the Playstation community! You can't rush that. Patience makes perfect, and right now, Sony is on the road to perfection.

Let's be fair. Day one starts on the day that Home is released. Then you'll see Sony deliver.

i totally agree, Home is gona be the biggest thing when its released because the developers took there time to make home the most perfect virtual life. so when it is released it will be what you expected , then your your gona say to yourself man that was worth the patience. Then thats when day1 starts.
messiah---
Message 17 of 21 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
689 posts

Jun 21, 2007
We can agree all we want, but Sony is only going to take notice of the absolute biggest, most popular threads that come up here. We will get what sony can give us. I'll be thankful with what we saw at the unveiling.
If you say pwnd in your everyday speech, Please stop talking.
Message 18 of 21 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3916 posts

Jun 21, 2007

Brainderailment wrote:
We can agree all we want, but Sony is only going to take notice of the absolute biggest, most popular threads that come up here. We will get what sony can give us. I'll be thankful with what we saw at the unveiling.

I can tell you for a fact they listen to EVERYTHING. G.A.P's blogs and discussions, PS Forums, QJ.net, Threespeech, Kotaku, Maxconsole, IGN, and Gamespot.

It just takes time to deliver the stuff we ask for. Most of us don't know how many painstaking hours, days, or months it takes to keep looking at computer code and programming phases. In game XMB for example, requires programming of the cell in order to handle that. It's difficult enough to unlock that last SPE as it is, as well as accessing RSX in linux.

But when they work around that, we will see in game XMB before spring of '08; about a year after PS3 launched. The best things are worth waiting for.
Message 19 of 21 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5677 posts

Jun 21, 2007
I am still waiting for stuff to be delivered for the PS2 HDD...... I found better uses with third party software.
Message 20 of 21 (7 Views)
0 Likes