Highlighted
Jun 15 2007
By: Big_Man_G~ Hekseville Citizen 295 posts

Sony You Need To Deliever From Day 1!!

20 replies 5 views Edited Jun 15, 2007
We all know home will be one of the biggest things in the year of gaming...and everyone is saying "so much potential", etc like have a virtual best buy store and buy a game or something etc,,i know that would be sik, but home you have to do this from day 1, not day 365, we need it on day 1 so we dont get bored after a while, and if home didnt have a virtual store where you can download demos,blu-ray full films, full ps1+ps2 games, home will not go far with out this!!
Who Agrees...
Message 1 of 21 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
512 posts

Re: Sony You Need To Deliever From Day 1!!

Jun 15, 2007
yea totally, but you can't really release the works. you have to spread a little around so that when people login on a blue moon. they think "holy cow look at that, i have to login more often." but i still agree with you at day 1 there needs to be a wide viraity of new features.
Message 2 of 21 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Jun 15, 2007

Big_Man_G wrote:
We all know home will be one of the biggest things in the year of gaming...and everyone is saying "so much potential", etc like have a virtual best buy store and buy a game or something etc,,i know that would be sik, but home you have to do this from day 1, not day 365, we need it on day 1 so we dont get bored after a while, and if home didnt have a virtual store where you can download demos,blu-ray full films, full ps1+ps2 games, home will not go far with out this!!
Who Agrees...

I think once there is more people things will be a lot different.  The Beta is not only about finding bugs but about input.

Also Do you know how long it would take to download a full Bluray film?

I've said it in the past.  Give feedback.  It will only make Home better in the future for everyone.

Big_Man_G  you may be right, but if you want to follow that guideline, maybe Home will be delayed a little while longer because it's not meeting your standards.

Message Edited by stripdshirt on 06-15-2007 03:14 PM

Message Edited by stripdshirt on 06-15-2007 03:14 PM
Message 3 of 21 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Jun 15, 2007
I have read every bit of cannon on Home and I can say that just based on what they already have confirmed Home is going to be like nothing we have every seen before. I will agree Big Man, they need to have things going on day 1, BUT if they are smart they will keep a few aces up their sleeves. I.E. I have hear rumors that they are going to have a "Home movie theater" where you will be able to go, sit down in this virtual theater and watch first run movies the day they hit theaters for like $10. That is HUGE! If Sony hasn't thought of this already, then take this idea and run with it. Movies would be watched by millions more people than they already are if they don't have to leave the comfort of their home, or in this case Virtual Home.

Anyway, I agree. Sony has got to getr their stuff together for this big venture from release day, otherwise it could mean disaster for Sony and the PS3.

Message Edited by Brock6949 on 06-15-2007 04:17 PM
Message 4 of 21 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
862 posts

Jun 15, 2007
we will see how home does once more info is given at e3
Message 5 of 21 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2153 posts

Jun 15, 2007
First and foremost Home is not a game.  Never will be.  It is a virtual reality chat room.  A place to hang with your friends.  If your bored in a chat room you'll be bored in this.  Sure you can shop and everything as well but at no point are you going to say to yourself 'wow I'm having a great gaming experience'.  It is incredibly cool, don't get me wrong, but a lot of people assume it's going to be a revolution for video games.
Oh and to expect everything on day one is just funny.  I wouldn't even expect everything on day 365.  This whole idea is a work in progress.  There is just so much potential to this it is mind boggling.  I personally can't wait to see how this thing evolves.
"I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye."
"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind."
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart." - The Last Gunslinger
Message 6 of 21 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4868 posts

Jun 15, 2007
It's probably going to be like PS3. The launch will suck with a horrible amount of content and developer support, missing online and multimedia features, and the good ole' it's free so don't complain! Everybody says "PS3 has so much potential!" But Sony isn't delivering on that potential, and are relying on future firmware upgrades and releases instead of day 1 experiences.
Message 7 of 21 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1373 posts

Jun 15, 2007
Home is not just about game , it's about community and having fun. If you get bored of being in Home , it's because you don't have any friend.
Message 8 of 21 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Jun 15, 2007
What do you mean by day one?

Massive online communities like Playstation Home take time to develop, test, and improve. Asking Sony to create a world as amazing as Home, and have it ready to awe people immediately is asking the impossible. There's no need to rush Home, and that's why we are going through two beta phases. Plus, Home isn't even ready yet! That's why there are 15,000 testers working to improve Home through the closed beta. Without the beta, there would obviosuly be flaws in Home that Sony couldn't find by itself. Sony needs the opinions and point of views from the gamers of the Playstation community! You can't rush that. Patience makes perfect, and right now, Sony is on the road to perfection.

Let's be fair. Day one starts on the day that Home is released. Then you'll see Sony deliver.

Message 9 of 21 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 19, 2007
totally agree with you. launch was messed up. they been working on ps3 for how long before it came out? about 4 years.they should have already had the developmental stage complete by launch.another great sony mess up.what about psp camera in america,psp network like in europe,psx,and soon to be blu-ray.cause no one will by 500 blu ray players.same price as ps3 in sept.499.99.lol    keep up the work sony.  we keep buying.
Message 10 of 21 (5 Views)
0 Likes