Fender Bender
3241 posts

Re: Sony Hacker Gets Year in Prison Freezers Next

Apr 19, 2013

The account name is banned and non retrievable

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

ptmacey wrote:
its true that several users have been banned over the past few days but this brings us round to a problem thats narked me for some time when sony ban warn or suspend people they dont give a specific reason i believe all of the users were given just a generic breaking tos by exploits within playstation home as the reason.

I myself received such a warning a couple of years back after the warning it said repeat incidents carry a risk of suspension or permanent ban but upon enquiring further as to what i was i was specifically warned for i was not told.

so how can a person refrain from a particular when  one is nt told what its for.

Same when i  telephoned just exploits within playstation home was stated.

im not concerned about my own particular warning nowadays as it was quite some time back but it is concerning that they were not in a position to give a specific reason

I'm just curious how permabans actually work. If they don't ban a mac address can't the abuser simply use another IP address to circumvent the ban? I'm certainly not well versed in doing things like this. 

Message 81 of 155 (217 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Apr 19, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

Gangs, bullies, trolls, freezers, hypocrites, liars, cheats, and childish spoiled little brats who when they have nothing to support their ridiculous arguments with just go around calling people names - yeah - Home sure has a nice diversity of users.  

WTG Sony!  Keep up the great job you are doing, you've made Home and these forums a wonderful place to be.  eusa_clap.gif

[/SARCASM] (for those dense enough not to "get it")

So you just slandered another forum member and unless you can get a subpoena from a judge to search his personal spaces you could never prove it and could be sued for slander. Also it seems you use any excuse to knock Sony.

D Nitrate shouldn't be pointing the finger at anyone...

I've been to his apartments to,, things weren't kosher, but its none of my business... Like I said he is the biggest hypocrite on these forums - his very presence is a mockery of everything he says and the people he slanders.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 82 of 155 (197 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Apr 19, 2013
The BIGGEST hypocrite. D nitrate id love you to show me in the TOS that i cant use a lockwood telepad you clown. I also posted a thread openly with a picture of me outside the boundaries too. So quit your bellyaching. I dont break the TOS but thanks for the attack out of nowhere. Reported.
Support Forums
Message 83 of 155 (173 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Apr 19, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

How would banning an account name stop a console from going online? A bricked console can't be used by *any* account, whether it's been banned or not.

Message 84 of 155 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Apr 19, 2013

I took his user name "nitrate" and did some research and found out this is used to kill aquarium fish and make explosives.  So what have we here?  Subliminally admitting to something?  A person of interest?

Message 85 of 155 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Aeternitas33 wrote:

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

How would banning an account name stop a console from going online? A bricked console can't be used by *any* account, whether it's been banned or not.

They weren't bricked. They simply perma baned the account. I didn't know if that was an IP ban but after thinking about it multiple accounts would use the same IP address on a specific console. This does appear to be how they do it.

Would be best to mac address ban the offenders as well as perma ban the account. 

Message 86 of 155 (161 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:
If ignorance is bliss, then forming a lynch mob and raging over someone who has something you dont should be total extasy.

If the ISE people are abusing their abilities to aquire outfits for freezing, thats one thing and if thats the case, I totally understand. But even if that is true, I'm sure not ALL of them do that. Some people just like to have those ultra rare items Or outfits, and will do anything to get them...and I dont believe "those people" should be hated on for it.

If you think ISE users are bad people and do bad things, thus affecting YOUR online experience Or anyone elses while on Home...then I urge you to make your case for it and shed some light on it. But if all these people are doing is lynching ISE folks for abusing the system, cheating Or just being jealous for having stuff that normal people cant get, then Im sorry but I gotta laugh at that...

LOL LOL LOL xD

If your gonna post about something you know nothing about then accuse others of being jealous then let me take this time to laugh at you (not with you).  You give the same argument ISE users do "Oh they just jealous" what is there to be jealous about?  A blue eye? Or some other cramp they got by stealing?  If in that remote region you call a brain you Or anyone else thinks that I would be jealous of a thief you certainly have another thing coming.  You are no better then the perv that acts inappropriate on Home because according to them "This is just a Game".

I am not the one that goes around Home with this sense of entitlement because a region got something we didn't Or because in order to get those rewards you have to pay, SO YOU KNOW WHAT I'm gonna steal them, then I'm gonna go around home bragging about it, because there will be no consequence to my actions.  Well I say they should be consequences to their actions, if you steal in RL and get caught there's consequences right?  So why should this be any different? 

Side Note:  I already made my case before, take the time to read all the commentary before saying that people are jealous

Message 87 of 155 (151 Views)
Sackboy
389 posts

Apr 19, 2013

This thread turned ugly since I checked it last , giving opinions,ideas ,suggestions and pov's made for better reading and seemed more productive than the last couple pages. At least it was a conversation.

Just my opinion

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 88 of 155 (150 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Wow...this started off as an update about a Sony network hacker who got sentenced, then it morphed into a Freezer thread and quickly escalated into an ISE user statement, which then transformed into a civil war.

The only common ground is that everyone knows and acknowledges that ISE's are obviously against the T.O.S agreement.

But...what you guys are actually arguing over is the degree of punishment that should be imposed to those that violate these terms.

Just sheddin a little light on that overlooked truth.

Message 89 of 155 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
539 posts

Apr 19, 2013

how does banning anyone fix the problem ? people need to realise that sony does NOT do whats in our best interest . that being said sucking up does NOT make them even begin to care. bottomline , ONLY freezing affects users & EVERYTHING else is sony responsibility , NOT the community . " you just do you , IMMA DO ME IMMA DO ME IMMA IMMA DO ME !!!"

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 90 of 155 (148 Views)
0 Likes