Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

Re: Sony Hacker Gets Year in Prison Freezers Next

Apr 19, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
If you break the TOS you should get perma banned. No ifs ands or buts.

new_rofl.gif

I happen to know first hand that you have broken the TOS... and seen some of your exploits in your personal spaces.

If they did that, not only would you get prema banned, but I suspect about 90% of the users in Home would as well, and to an an already shrinking population, that would surely result in a very quick ending to Home.   

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 61 of 155 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Apr 19, 2013

EDEA_KRAMER wrote:

i find it funny that people are so outraged about ise rewards vs "earning " them. earning rewards is people going through a game without forum threads , info from friends , friends helping boost wins & above all , not utilising a broken mechanic/glitch. iv seen many people lurking midway spaces thirsty for a free game run instead of spending .99c for tickets . lets not forget the many guides on these forums that give great detail on how to get rewards . is following someone elses work earning ? speaking of glitches many were outraged when sony changed several " harmless " glitches that existed in apartments. what about the standing on benches glitch? perma ban them too right?

Well as one of the "many people lurking on midway space thirsty for a free game" it is tough work and not really worth the effort although I have heard someone claim they got all the prizes by waiting for free games to pop up but I find it hard to believe.

Message 62 of 155 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Apr 19, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

smokingpistol wrote:

new_rofl.gif

I happen to know first hand that you have broken the TOS... and seen some of your exploits in your personal spaces.

If they did that, not only would you get prema banned, but I suspect about 90% of the users in Home would as well, and to an an already shrinking population, that would surely result in a very quick ending to Home.   

Oh dayuuum, you got Snitched on Pistol Smiley Surprised 

Message 63 of 155 (208 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Apr 19, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

The time & money the offenders lost by having those accounts banned is punishment enough.

You do know that by most accounts, these freezers are just using alt accounts, and can create new alt accounts in a matter of seconds, and can use ISE to fill them all right back up with all the necessary items to continue to freeze people.

Simply banning alt accounts in no way stops their behavior, or costs them any money, and very little time.  I suspect they likely find all of this rather amusing to them.

Whose side you on anyway?  You sound a little amused yourself.  You also seem to know quite a lot  about this activity.  If you got any ideas what should be done with them let's hear them. 

He's just here to spread doom and gloom, don't expect much more from him,,, 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 64 of 155 (207 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

The time & money the offenders lost by having those accounts banned is punishment enough.

You do know that by most accounts, these freezers are just using alt accounts, and can create new alt accounts in a matter of seconds, and can use ISE to fill them all right back up with all the necessary items to continue to freeze people.

Simply banning alt accounts in no way stops their behavior, or costs them any money, and very little time.  I suspect they likely find all of this rather amusing to them.

Whose side you on anyway?  You sound a little amused yourself.  You also seem to know quite a lot  about this activity.  If you got any ideas what should be done with them let's hear them. 

Do some better research - I already said their PS3 should be banned from PSN (banning accunts accomplishes nothing), and it took me all of 5 minutes using Google to find out how these morons were freezing people - as I got tired of getting frozen and wanted to know why I was getting frozen, but others in the same space were not.  Turns out it has to do with the DNS address you use... But you know what - instead of falsely accusing me of something you have no clue about - why don't you do some research yourself?

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 65 of 155 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Apr 19, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

smokingpistol wrote:

new_rofl.gif

So this guy was nice enough to invite you to his personal spaces and you accuse him on forum of illegal activity?  Maybe you should apply for witness protection program.

Message 66 of 155 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Message 67 of 155 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Apr 19, 2013
If ignorance is bliss, then forming a lynch mob and raging over someone who has something you dont should be total extasy.

If the ISE people are abusing their abilities to aquire outfits for freezing, thats one thing and if thats the case, I totally understand. But even if that is true, im sure not ALL of them do that. Some people just like to have those ultra rare items or outfits, and will do anything to get them...and I dont believe "those people" should be hated on for it.

If you think ISE users are bad people and do bad things, thus affecting YOUR online experience or anyone elses while on Home...then I urge you to make your case for it and shed some light on it. But if all these people are doing is lynching ISE folks for abusing the system, cheating or just being jealous for having stuff that normal people cant get, then Im sorry but I gotta laugh at that...

LOL LOL LOL xD
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 68 of 155 (185 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote
I'm just curious how permabans actually work. If they don't ban a mac address can't the abuser simply use another IP address to circumvent the ban? I'm certainly not well versed in doing things like this. 

In terms of nuking/bricking/permabanning a console, I believe each PS3 has a unique identifier which Sony can utilize for this procedure.

Message 69 of 155 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1235 posts

Apr 19, 2013

-rolls eyes-

Topics like these make me wonder if maybe the Home moderation team should be renamed the Babysitters Club.

Message 70 of 155 (182 Views)
0 Likes