Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Sony Hacker Gets Year in Prison Freezers Next

Apr 19, 2013

Diashie wrote:

Reading this I got to say some things.

I was one that participated in the EDO event and spent cash to play the game. Was even among the top 20 for a while until I find out I didn't have to be in the top 20 to get the complete Tiger Outfit.  Big thanks to whoever posted the reward website for that! I settled for being within the top 100 (rank 59) for the event to earn the complete Tiger Outfit.

Anyone caught doing ISE should not be permabanned, but I do think they should be locked fixed to default settings for a year.

Freezers on the other hand and anyone else that goes around maliciously and deliberately locking up others peoples PS3 systems should be permabanned and their PS3 consoles removed from being able to access the network.

Should Sony take such action they should send notification emails to the account holders stating the reason. Sony should also be filing legal action against these perpetrators as such behavoir is directly harming their product.

A default for a year? Oh goodness that is evil! Smiley Happy

Oh and it's nice to see they moved this back to the correct forum. Wonder who got them to do that? LoL

Message 51 of 155 (213 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34149 posts

Apr 19, 2013

ptmacey wrote:
the hack was actually nothing to do with ps home and involved ptentially stealing access to 70 million accounts
a lot more serious than home freezing and ise methinks
http://www.zdnet.com/sony-hacker-sentenced-to-a-year-in-prison-7000014266/

a lot of people in this forum think that Home is the center of PlayStation and that it is the highest priority above everything else on the PS3 or PSN.

people wearing clothes they cant get or people making Home users have to restart their PS3's is apparently just as bad as hacking into the PSN and stealing the account info of a bunch of users.

Message 52 of 155 (201 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

Apr 19, 2013
Any infringement of the TOS should result in a permaban or bricked console? Idk bout all that....

If someone is caught cussing and is reported for it (a simple violation of the TOS) I dont think that person deserves to have their entire PS3 shut down, or destroyed for a minor act of TOS infringement. You guys are taking this to a rediculous extreme.

ISE users are just simple thieves, using an exploit to obtain rewards from other regions of Home, that would otherwise be innaccesible. They dont typically freeze people and the ones Ive seen dont even bother anyone. So IDK where all this hate for ISE users is coming from, just cuz they got a flaming blue accessory over their eye, or some really cool, rare outfit on doesnt make them bad people. Sounds to me like everyone is just JELLY cuz they see someone wearing something noone else can get. GET OVER IT.

Freezers are a big deal and have been for years now. They all seem to be above reproach and even if they do get permabanned or bricked, whats stopping these people from going out and buying a new PS3? Absolutely nothing. You are all banking on the fact that having to go out and buy a new PS3 everytime someone freezes, will stop or deter people from commiting the act. Which may be true for some, but not all.

I can guarantee you, that if I was that invested in freezing Home servers (not saying I am or anything) and I happen to get perm'd...I would just go out and buy me another PS3 as soon as I got paid. It's not like their that expensive anymore.

And no, freezers will not be going to prison for freezing Home servers. Prison is reserved for REAL CRIMINALS, not little twitts on the internet who think its fun to crash a server on Home.
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 53 of 155 (191 Views)
Wastelander
681 posts

Apr 19, 2013

You gon' eat yo' cornbread?

Message 54 of 155 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I've heard that 17 freezers were banned this week. I don't have a way of verifying it other than hearsay from friends. I would hope that their accounts were at least perma banned. I doubt their consoles were bricked.

Would be nice if it were true. 

Well it's sort of true. A lot of people were perma banned, yes. But not all of them freezers, I've heard a lot of different reasons why those guys were banned and I'm not going to list it here, but most of them weren't freezers.

Other than hearsay, how is anyone confirming these "17 users" were prema banned - or for that matter anyone was and why?  Is Sony releasing that information?  If you try and send them a message do you get back some kind of automated response saying that user is no longer available on the PSN?  

Just how does one go about confirming someone has been banned, let alone if it was a permanent band or just a suspension?

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 55 of 155 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:
Any infringement of the TOS should result in a permaban or bricked console? Idk bout all that....

If someone is caught cussing and is reported for it (a simple violation of the TOS) I dont think that person deserves to have their entire PS3 shut down, or destroyed for a minor act of TOS infringement. You guys are taking this to a rediculous extreme.

ISE users are just simple thieves, using an exploit to obtain rewards from other regions of Home, that would otherwise be innaccesible. They dont typically freeze people and the ones Ive seen dont even bother anyone. So IDK where all this hate for ISE users is coming from, just cuz they got a flaming blue accessory over their eye, or some really cool, rare outfit on doesnt make them bad people. Sounds to me like everyone is just JELLY cuz they see someone wearing something noone else can get. GET OVER IT.

Freezers are a big deal and have been for years now. They all seem to be above reproach and even if they do get permabanned or bricked, whats stopping these people from going out and buying a new PS3? Absolutely nothing. You are all banking on the fact that having to go out and buy a new PS3 everytime someone freezes, will stop or deter people from commiting the act. Which may be true for some, but not all.

I can guarantee you, that if I was that invested in freezing Home servers (not saying I am or anything) and I happen to get perm'd...I would just go out and buy me another PS3 as soon as I got paid. It's not like their that expensive anymore.

And no, freezers will not be going to prison for freezing Home servers. Prison is reserved for REAL CRIMINALS, not little twitts on the internet who think its fun to crash a server on Home.

Little twits grow up to be big twits.  Why not teach them some manners while they still young?  Who knows doing 30 days at local county jail will save them from doing 5 years in the big house with Bubba.  We actually be doing them a favor.

Message 56 of 155 (174 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

Apr 19, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

The time & money the offenders lost by having those accounts banned is punishment enough.

You do know that by most accounts, these freezers are just using alt accounts, and can create new alt accounts in a matter of seconds, and can use ISE to fill them all right back up with all the necessary items to continue to freeze people.

Simply banning alt accounts in no way stops their behavior, or costs them any money, and very little time.  I suspect they likely find all of this rather amusing to them.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 57 of 155 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

WOW.... Ignorance is bliss

Message 58 of 155 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
539 posts

Apr 19, 2013

i find it funny that people are so outraged about ise rewards vs "earning " them. earning rewards is people going through a game without forum threads , info from friends , friends helping boost wins & above all , not utilising a broken mechanic/glitch. iv seen many people lurking midway spaces thirsty for a free game run instead of spending .99c for tickets . lets not forget the many guides on these forums that give great detail on how to get rewards . is following someone elses work earning ? speaking of glitches many were outraged when sony changed several " harmless " glitches that existed in apartments. what about the standing on benches glitch? perma ban them too right?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 59 of 155 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Apr 19, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

The time & money the offenders lost by having those accounts banned is punishment enough.

You do know that by most accounts, these freezers are just using alt accounts, and can create new alt accounts in a matter of seconds, and can use ISE to fill them all right back up with all the necessary items to continue to freeze people.

Simply banning alt accounts in no way stops their behavior, or costs them any money, and very little time.  I suspect they likely find all of this rather amusing to them.

Whose side you on anyway?  You sound a little amused yourself.  You also seem to know quite a lot  about this activity.  If you got any ideas what should be done with them let's hear them. 

Message 60 of 155 (148 Views)
0 Likes