Sackboy
460 posts

Re: Sony Hacker Gets Year in Prison Freezers Next

Apr 19, 2013
the hack was actually nothing to do with ps home and involved ptentially stealing access to 70 million accounts
a lot more serious than home freezing and ise methinks
http://www.zdnet.com/sony-hacker-sentenced-to-a-year-in-prison-7000014266/
Message 41 of 155 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013
If you break the TOS you should get perma banned. No ifs ands or buts.
Support Forums
Message 42 of 155 (257 Views)
Splicer
53 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Reading this I got to say some things.

I was one that participated in the EDO event and spent cash to play the game. Was even among the top 20 for a while until I find out I didn't have to be in the top 20 to get the complete Tiger Outfit.  Big thanks to whoever posted the reward website for that! I settled for being within the top 100 (rank 59) for the event to earn the complete Tiger Outfit.

Anyone caught doing ISE should not be permabanned, but I do think they should be locked fixed to default settings for a year.

Freezers on the other hand and anyone else that goes around maliciously and deliberately locking up others peoples PS3 systems should be permabanned and their PS3 consoles removed from being able to access the network.

Should Sony take such action they should send notification emails to the account holders stating the reason. Sony should also be filing legal action against these perpetrators as such behavoir is directly harming their product.

Message 43 of 155 (253 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Apr 19, 2013
Wait Diashie so how did you get your tiger outfit?
Support Forums
Message 44 of 155 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Apr 19, 2013
^oops nm still tired
Support Forums
Message 45 of 155 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Apr 19, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Please tell some some of these were ise users

I don't think painting ISE abusers with the same brush is fair. They certainly aren't causing direct harm to members of the community. 

ISE abuse is the first step in the wrong direction.  This emboldens them just like a graffiti tagger.  It is also subversive by its very nature.  We can no longer romanticize subversives as some kind of antihero ala Anonymous.  Criminals are criminals and there is no grey area. And intelligent criminals are the most dangerous.  The next 9-11 will not be planes flying into buildings it will be hackers doing anything to destroy whatever it is they are imagining is haunting their personal psychosis.   BTW I dont watch tv.   Just netflix and crackle.

If you turned on your TV once in a while, you'd know that the next 9-11 is still unfolding now. About eight miles away from my office.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 46 of 155 (215 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Apr 19, 2013

ptmacey wrote:
the hack was actually nothing to do with ps home and involved ptentially stealing access to 70 million accounts
a lot more serious than home freezing and ise methinks
http://www.zdnet.com/sony-hacker-sentenced-to-a-year-in-prison-7000014266/

Anything to do with Sony impacts Home somehow.  Also this cockroach exposed names of credit card people or something.  As to what is serious it is all relative.  This guy probably started out with similar things such as freezing and slowly graduated up the ladder to this.  Now he will have a diploma from state prison to hang on wall plus he has to pay back over $600.000.  Rumor has it that he did a plea deal for a reduced sentence so now the underground people hate him too.  They dont like to be ratted on,  honor among rats.  Plus five years probation which is a living hell.  Also one of his cohorts is being sentenced too so this is at least 2 for the price of one.

About the only job this guy will be able to get is fry cook at Kentucky Fried Chicken and at minimum wage paying back over $600.000 you figure it out.

In summary freezing is a gateway to a nefarious type of living and ultimately a waste of time for everyone.  Freezers are almost to be pitied because their little taste of misbegotten power will only lead them to worse things and ultimately misery and they will get what they deserve in the end.  And let's never forget a freezer is ultimately a criminal and we can show no criminals mercy.

Message 47 of 155 (211 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Apr 19, 2013

I don't think bricking is such a good idea, all a  hacker/ glitcher has to do is turn it into a game stop and get another one, and who ever buys the bricked unit won't be able to use it. I think they should be punished if they do something serious though

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 48 of 155 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Apr 19, 2013

I'm glad the Hacker is going to do some time in Prison. Yay.

Let the punishment fit the crime.

ISE people ? they are nothing but common thieves. They steal what they did not earn.

Ban their accounts; no exceptions for anyone doing ISE . . none . . Don't ignore Theft.

They can get a new account, and hopefully learn a lesson. No Nukes for ISE Thieves.

Freezers ? I'm not so sure that Freezing people off of a Server isn't a form of DOS attack, which is a Federal Crime.

So, no namby-pamby suspensions or bans for Freezers; just a nuked PS3 . If they buy another PS and Freeze again and can be linked to the 1st transgression, not only nuke them again, also prosecute.

Smart Business move, Stardust ?

Smart is not pandering to the bad members who are vastly outnumbered by good members.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 49 of 155 (200 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Apr 19, 2013

ralahinn1 wrote:

I don't think bricking is such a good idea, all a  hacker/ glitcher has to do is turn it into a game stop and get another one, and who ever buys the bricked unit won't be able to use it. I think they should be punished if they do something serious though

Dont underestimate game stop. I think they test this stuff out and if indeed someone got gypped they could return it.  I am not sure what bricking is but they should send some kind of signal that blows the hard drive and bluray too.

Message 50 of 155 (188 Views)
0 Likes