29271 posts

Re: Sony Hacker Gets Year in Prison Freezers Next

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Yes

Here are the Terms of Service we expect you to follow:

1. ABILITY TO ACCEPT TERMS OF SERVICE

These Terms of Service form a legally binding contract between you and us.  By using our Sites, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age, an emancipated minor or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, representations and responsibilities set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide and comply with these Terms of Service.

4. OWNERSHIP OF CONTENT ON SITES

Everything on or used in connection with our Sites, including text, images, graphics, logos, audio and video content and software (collectively, “Content”) – with the exception of User Generated Content as defined below – is owned by us or our affiliates, subsidiaries, licensors or suppliers.  You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works or in any way exploit any of the Content (including Content that the Sites enable you to download or save) without our express permission.

I understand that. Region travel is also not permitted according to the TOS. Do you recommend that all of us who region travel also be perma banned? I won't engage in ISE personally. I'm just questioning what you expect from the point of view of a penalty for ISE users. 

And are you putting them in the same category as those who freeze servers?

Message 21 of 155 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Apr 19, 2013

EDEA_KRAMER wrote:

@TSUNADE1224 ise does NOT affect you whatsoever . is it fair that some events are for paying customers only? the edo & Gz vday event were pay only . hows that fair to long time free users?

Yes it is fair!  Home provides free rewards but Devs need to make money, if Devs dont make money what the point of them releasing stuff for NA or any other server?  Yes! the service is free to use but if you want the nice clothes, LMOS and so worth you have to PAY!!  Simple as that

Message 22 of 155 (318 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Yes

Here are the Terms of Service we expect you to follow:

1. ABILITY TO ACCEPT TERMS OF SERVICE

These Terms of Service form a legally binding contract between you and us.  By using our Sites, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age, an emancipated minor or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, representations and responsibilities set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide and comply with these Terms of Service.

4. OWNERSHIP OF CONTENT ON SITES

Everything on or used in connection with our Sites, including text, images, graphics, logos, audio and video content and software (collectively, “Content”) – with the exception of User Generated Content as defined below – is owned by us or our affiliates, subsidiaries, licensors or suppliers.  You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works or in any way exploit any of the Content (including Content that the Sites enable you to download or save) without our express permission.

I understand that. Region travel is also not permitted according to the TOS. Do you recommend that all of us who region travel also be perma banned? I won't engage in ISE personally. I'm just questioning what you expect from the point of view of a penalty for ISE users. 

And are you putting them in the same category as those who freeze servers?

Yes I do

Region hopping does not hurt anyone, if anything it actually helps Devs makes more money in different regions.  I am trying to find in the TOS and TOU where it states that region hoping is not permitted. 

Message 23 of 155 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Well personally I'm more concerned about freezing but I certainly can understand your point of view. 

Message 24 of 155 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
539 posts

Apr 19, 2013

@TSUNADE1224 how again is ise affecting you? a person could say its unfair for someone who spends more $ than them to get boosters for games . im not saying ise is right, im saying ise is for sony to worry about , not you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 25 of 155 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

its true that several users have been banned over the past few days but this brings us round to a problem thats narked me for some time when sony ban warn or suspend people they dont give a specific reason i believe all of the users were given just a generic breaking tos by exploits within playstation home as the reason.

I myself received such a warning a couple of years back after the warning it said repeat incidents carry a risk of suspension or permanent ban but upon enquiring further as to what i was i was specifically warned for i was not told.

so how can a person refrain from a particular practise or behavious when  one is nt told what its for.

Same when i  telephoned just exploits within playstation home was stated.

im not concerned about my own particular warning nowadays as it was quite some time back and i  dont indulge in anything too nefarious intentionally but it is concerning that they were not in a position to give a specific reason

Message 26 of 155 (297 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5454 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Lmao this thread isn't even about ISE. 2 out of 3 pages is now already about ISE. I'd say in off-topic discussions, this is a new record! Well done, the award goes to........ TSUNADE!

*slow clap*

Smiley Indifferent

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 27 of 155 (293 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Apr 19, 2013

ptmacey wrote:
its true that several users have been banned over the past few days but this brings us round to a problem thats narked me for some time when sony ban warn or suspend people they dont give a specific reason i believe all of the users were given just a generic breaking tos by exploits within playstation home as the reason.

I myself received such a warning a couple of years back after the warning it said repeat incidents carry a risk of suspension or permanent ban but upon enquiring further as to what i was i was specifically warned for i was not told.

so how can a person refrain from a particular when  one is nt told what its for.

Same when i  telephoned just exploits within playstation home was stated.

im not concerned about my own particular warning nowadays as it was quite some time back but it is concerning that they were not in a position to give a specific reason

I'm just curious how permabans actually work. If they don't ban a mac address can't the abuser simply use another IP address to circumvent the ban? I'm certainly not well versed in doing things like this. 

Message 28 of 155 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
389 posts

Apr 19, 2013

I have different views regarding ISE vs freezing

Freezing directly affects users property which is a major issue imo and should be dealt with harshly.

ISE is a difficult one for me as it seems like half the users have it so banning all of them would only hurt homes revenue as I would think they spend money on home as well ,it does not directly affect anyone as far as harming a ps3.

Do I agree with it ? No.  I have always felt pride when I beat a game or earn a reward and for someone to simply find someway to get the same reward without doing so kind of takes away from that in a way.

For the items people had to pay to play to recieve I would imagine its even harder on them as that does not seem fair at all to those who paid ,with that said , there are many many users with ISE i've seen running around home so imo it would hurt home to ban them so to make things fair I believe they should  patch and take away ISE items from inventories.(if thats possible)

After patching it then I would add a note or something on message of day stating it won't be tolerated anymore (if the above is possible).

As I said I never have liked the idea of rewards without working for them as some rewards are meant to be worked for and its a choice to work for them or not to. It does not bother me to a point of being upset at the ISE users ,just a matter of principle.

ISE is nothing near freezing imo but I just thought i'd typeout some thoughts that might make everyone happy and be fair.

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 29 of 155 (272 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Apr 19, 2013

I would appreciate if someone would explain what ISE is exactly.  If I am going to be against something I would like to know what exactly I am against.

Message 30 of 155 (250 Views)