Highlighted
Apr 19 2013
By: AbysmalDawna Fender Bender 2003 posts

Sony Hacker Gets Year in Prison Freezers Next

154 replies 833 views Edited Apr 19, 2013

Yes this guy named recursion just got a year in jail plus 1000 hours community service for hacking Sony.  Lets just hope some freezers are next. Bubba is getting lonely and needs new friends in his prison cell.  Home freezers would do just fine.  He especially like Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Message 1 of 155 (833 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Sony Hacker Gets Year in Prison Freezers Next

Apr 19, 2013

I've heard that 17 freezers were banned this week. I don't have a way of verifying it other than hearsay from friends. I would hope that their accounts were at least perma banned. I doubt their consoles were bricked.

Would be nice if it were true. 

Message 2 of 155 (822 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5453 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I've heard that 17 freezers were banned this week. I don't have a way of verifying it other than hearsay from friends. I would hope that their accounts were at least perma banned. I doubt their consoles were bricked.

Well it's sort of true. A lot of people were perma banned, yes. But not all of them freezers, I've heard a lot of different reasons why those guys were banned and I'm not going to list it here, but most of them weren't freezers.

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 3 of 155 (813 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

Well I hope some of the main offenders were. Bricking consoles is the answer cause creating new accounts is an easy way out. I have no names to go with that quite yet although I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. 

Hopefully this is only the beginning.

Message 4 of 155 (800 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

Apparently all of the DNS mergers were permabanned, not just freezers. Their consoles weren't bricked.

As for Kretsinger, he committed a felony, which is a year and a day minimum. He'll do that time on a minimum security work farm. He got off easy considering the severity of damages LulzSec caused Sony.

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Bubba is getting lonely and needs new friends in his prison cell.

You watch too much tv.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 5 of 155 (788 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

Apparently all of the DNS mergers were permabanned, not just freezers. Their consoles weren't bricked.

Shame that isn't the case cause creating a new account is more than easy enough to do. 

Message 6 of 155 (770 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Apr 19, 2013

I disagree. Sometimes a slap on the wrist is enough.

Bricking their consoles for such a minor offense is not a smart business move.

The time & money the offenders lost by having those accounts banned is punishment enough.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 7 of 155 (753 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Apr 19, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

I disagree. Sometimes a slap on the wrist is enough.

Bricking their consoles for such a minor offense is not a smart business move.

The time & money the offenders lost by having those accounts banned is punishment enough.

You're entitled to your opinion but it's more than a minor offense in my view. Bricking them is the way to go. There should be a no tolerance policy for users who do this.

Now  I suppose Sony appears to agree with you because bricking doesn't appear to be an option they are willing to consider. 

Message 8 of 155 (740 Views)
Wastelander
539 posts

Apr 19, 2013

if the community had its way , garden variety noobs & trolls would be perma ban and/or ps3 bricked. other than the freezers, none of the other " offences " affect users 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 155 (731 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Well it's sort of true. A lot of people were perma banned, yes. But not all of them freezers, I've heard a lot of different reasons why those guys were banned and I'm not going to list it here, but most of them weren't freezers.

Please tell some some of these were ise users

Message 10 of 155 (716 Views)
0 Likes