Oct 07 2013
By: saltytaro Hekseville Citizen 322 posts

Somebody Intruded Into My Apartment!

25 replies 800 views Edited Oct 7, 2013

I don't think this belongs in technical support since 1 time harmless occurences doesn't exactly fit the section, so I'll post it here.  Basically something really bizarre and a bit frightening happened to me last week.  It all began when I was trying to accept my friend's invite to her appartment.  For some reason an error message kept popping up saying the lobby was not available.  Thinking that this was a technical glitch involving my harbor studio, I travelled to Adventure District to see if I can accept the invite from there.  It didn't work.  So I went back to my harbor studio.

Here's where the bizarre occurence happened.  I popped up at the entrace to my studio like usual and I ran a few paces forward.  I panned my camera so I was facing my avatar straight on and I saw this stranger at the entrance to my studio.  I was thinking, "holy, who the hell is that?"  I was completely freaking out.  This person/it that I never saw before, not on my friends list, was stand there in their wardrobe.  I can click on their name, view their profile, everything.  Thinking that this was some sort of hacker, I logged out completely. 

Did this ever happened to anybody before?  If so, what exactly occured there, technically speaking?

Message 1 of 26 (800 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: Somebody Intruded Into My Apartment!

Oct 7, 2013
Better hide yo' kids and hide yo' wife
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 2 of 26 (792 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Oct 7, 2013

I've heard of this happening a few times before and have had it happen to me personally once:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-Support/Private-Space-intruders-hackers-glit...

I think it's rare glitch wherein your private space becomes merged with someone else's. I could speak to the person I encountered, but we couldn't see each other's furnishings and we appeared to walk through walls, etc. I left the space and returned and the person was gone. I never had it happen again.

Message 3 of 26 (762 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1359 posts

Oct 7, 2013

Well you need to contact joystick_warrior for this he investigate problem btw send him a message about the problem & he might fix it for you Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 26 (741 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
965 posts

x

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2014

Message 5 of 26 (740 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9662 posts

Oct 7, 2013

saltytaro wrote:

I don't think this belongs in technical support since 1 time harmless occurences doesn't exactly fit the section, so I'll post it here.  Basically something really bizarre and a bit frightening happened to me last week.  It all began when I was trying to accept my friend's invite to her appartment.  For some reason an error message kept popping up saying the lobby was not available.  Thinking that this was a technical glitch involving my harbor studio, I travelled to Adventure District to see if I can accept the invite from there.  It didn't work.  So I went back to my harbor studio.

Here's where the bizarre occurence happened.  I popped up at the entrace to my studio like usual and I ran a few paces forward.  I panned my camera so I was facing my avatar straight on and I saw this stranger at the entrance to my studio.  I was thinking, "holy, who the hell is that?"  I was completely freaking out.  This person/it that I never saw before, not on my friends list, was stand there in their wardrobe.  I can click on their name, view their profile, everything.  Thinking that this was some sort of hacker, I logged out completely. 

Did this ever happened to anybody before?  If so, what exactly occured there, technically speaking?

Yes it happened 2 years ago in the same apt. I think the server address got messed up for some reason. I believe each event on home has an address. They crossed I believe. But I did get scared like you did. I even changed my password soon as I got off. I freaked..lol
Message 6 of 26 (719 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Oct 7, 2013

saltytaro wrote:

Well it could of been a HOME mod checking on ur Photo's if there not up to code... Utoh,  If not it had to be a Hacker what's next they crash ur beach House and take all ur item's...  Arrgg!!!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 7 of 26 (707 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Oct 7, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:

saltytaro wrote:

Well it could of been a HOME mod checking on ur Photo's if there not up to code... Utoh,  If not it had to be a Hacker what's next they crash ur beach House and take all ur item's...  Arrgg!!!

Is that what happened to the Criss Angel Coffin Couches??!!

Message 8 of 26 (699 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 7, 2013

Technically speaking, what happened is that you wound up in a semimerged Harbor Studio. Both you and the other user were detected in the same instance of the space, so you could see each other. The other user may have been wondering who you were, and why you were in their space as well.

This isn't a hack, it's an occasional occurrence with the way Home loads users into spaces. There were, as others have posted, a ton of problems with this a couple of years back. The other user can't change the stuff in your Harbor Studio, or probably even see it. Leaving the space and coming back should fix the problem.

I once had the entire population of Central Plaza in a personal space. That was weird.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 9 of 26 (670 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Oct 7, 2013

Did you offer them punch and pie?

Message 10 of 26 (662 Views)