Apr 15 2012
By: MLn_22 Wastelander 870 posts

Some time off

16 replies 33 views Edited Apr 15, 2012

For a while ive been having a wonderful experience on Home, but sadly, and this is my opinion, and i respect everyone else's opinion too, i find that Home is turning in a way that doesnt.. how should i say this... impress and attract me... not anymore, but less.

Im not saying i do not like Home anymore, but with some recent additions, lets say that i didnt get to like it ''more''.

I find myself not impress and bored, and to me, this isnt good.

I find it low for Sony to try and get more ppl to join by adding sexy stuff and more sexy animated avatars in a space like the X7 Club(that is one example), i also do not very much like the idea of the space(tho its nice, what bugs me are the animated avatar and the ''V.I.P'' idea).

Im not saying that they only do that, because they do alot other things, but this is one of the major turns on Home.

I even was thinking to buy the Infniti Pool, but then i was thinking and i dont know... there are too many things that were added on Home that really doenst impress me, and i got a feeling that it only might get worse (remember, this is MY opinion, do not get offended).

Having said that, i think that its time for me to take a break from Home and enjoy more some of the things that i put on the side.

Im not saying that i will never come back, but i dont know how long my ''vacation'' from Home will be.

Maybe ill be too curious and come back in a few days, or maybe ill come back in 2 weeks or more.

I wanted to say that i enjoyed sharings convos on the forurms with you guys.

See you later... and take care

MLn_22

Message 3 of 17 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Re: Some time off

Apr 15, 2012

personally, i would do everything sony is doing, playstation online is already free, and ps home has alot of free stuff, DONT be that person that BEGS for FOOD then Decides that he or she dont want it because they dont like the taste.   BEGGERS CANT BE CHOOSERS!!! BE happy for the free content that you get and if you dont want to spend money THEN dont. its that simple.

photo tumblr_m0syalO4LL1qjf7dso1_500_zps2e4a6697.gif
Message 1 of 17 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Apr 15, 2012

Did i say i was taking some time off because of i didnt want to spend on Home ?

No.

I spent enough money on Home on spaces, clothes and others things.

I enjoyed Home alot, im just getting bored these days.

Message 2 of 17 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Apr 15, 2012

Nothing wrong with taking a break. I'm pretty involved with a game right now. It's keeping me away as some of my friends will say I'm addicted to that game at the moment.

Sometimes you need to change your perspective and then came back and have another look.

Message 4 of 17 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Apr 15, 2012

Yes Joanna, i really dont think that i would quit Home forever lol

What i ''hate'' tho is that when i would come back and would be walking around in a space and that then i would see someone with a cool or companion or accesorry for his/her avatar, i might ask ''Where did you get this'', and then the person might say ''it was an exclusive at that space last week.., something like that LOL and so i would be like Awwww damn it.... lol xD

Thats one thing Home does to us !! lol

Message 5 of 17 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Apr 15, 2012

Note : If they ever add some Mass Effect content on Home i would come back right away lol, same for a nice space with RAIN.

xD

Message 6 of 17 (33 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28204 posts

Apr 15, 2012

Did you read the blog from March 28th, PlayStation Home Announces 3 Exclusive Games: Cutthroats, No Man’s Land, Mercia? No Man's Land and Mercia promise to be very exciting games in Home.

I wonder...?

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 7 of 17 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3915 posts

Apr 15, 2012

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's been somewhat bored with Home as of late. I've been shying away from it lately myself.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 17 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

Apr 15, 2012

Sometimes people just get tired of certain aspects of home, and they leave, to come back later.

My opinion: Sony isn't low. People don't have to buy anything on home, it's their choice. If they really want to get into X7 and they buy something, that's on them, not Sony. Those women in the club may be sexy to you, and not other people. It's all about preferences.

Message 9 of 17 (33 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

Apr 15, 2012

I commend you for have the foresight to recognize your particular situation and make the very intelligent choice to simply not go to Home for awhile.

A point you might also consider:

Pretend, just pretend, that you were not even aware of the X7 club, or of the "sexy" wear, etc.

Pretend that instead of the many items added to Home, that only a small percentage, which you do not find distasteful, were added, say, once a month.

If you were not aware of these things that you find discouraging about Home, would you still possibly feel this same sense of ennui?

Very possibly so.

Again, it is a GOOD thing that you can make the decision to simply walk away a bit.

Whether the time away helps you to better appreciate Home when (and if) you return, wonderful.

If the time away helps you to better appreciate the world around you, or your PS3 as a gaming console, again, wonderful.

There is nothing wrong with taking a breather. Your world consists of so much more than Home. Enjoy.

My POV: Enjoy YOUR Home experience, without forcing it on those around you.
RESPECT is FREE. You will get what you give.
Message 10 of 17 (33 Views)
0 Likes