First Son
6 posts

Re: Some things to consider if you want to get in Home.

Apr 20, 2007
It is not closed minded at all to filter out the underage people, and, hypocritically enough, for the reasons you have mentioned.  The anti-harassment, and such.  This is a trial test, Sony does not know how the public will respond, nor what kind of outcome it could have.  So keeping minors out of a CLOSED beta trial makes the most legal and economic sense.  There is of course the reason someone else mentioned.  the whole point of a beta trial is to work out the bugs, the kinks, fix what needs fixed before the open launch, and they can't do that with minors running around causing problems, and certainly not giving feed back with usable, plausable, data.  They want people to go on Home and try out its features sure.  But you need someone with the frame of mind who wants to use these features, and also, you can almost say, look for where the improvement is needed, if that makes sense, not running around causing trouble and annoying the people who are helping and doing what they can.  Sure, you are right, at some point they will need to include that demographic, which is a perfect place during the open trial.  They have 3 initial releases: The closed beta trial, the open trial, and then the final release.  This comes back to the legal issue where they don't exactly know what is going to happen once the public is let in, so it makes the most sense, immature or not, to keep minors out.  however, during the open trial, it would make more sense to allow them in.  Btw, someone posted Home is made in London...?  Im not sure if that is accurate.
Message 21 of 25 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
875 posts

Apr 20, 2007
When you enter a beta, you're asked to sign a contract (electronically) stating that you won't give out ANY information about the beta to anyone.  In the US, any contract signed by someone under 18 isn't legit and can't be enforced.  I think this is the main reason Sony doesn't want people under 18 beta testing.
SAVE A PRETZEL FOR THE GAS JETS
Message 22 of 25 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Apr 20, 2007

Yes I agree I also have seen more problems with the older (Kids) then the younger ones. I have had been involved in quite a few Beta's and I sometimes have my son play the ones I really don't like and he gives me great feed back that we pass to the developers. Where the college and high school students keep the bugs and exploits for them selves to use on us later. Sony should start disabling any tester that is not reporting in when they should or if they are not logging in why have the beta if you are not testing the functionalities of the application. Don't punish someone for being young they may have a genuien interest in Game Development and this sort of thing will excite them and show a differant aspect to gaming. As a parent I think a child envolvement can be a great learning experiance.

Message 23 of 25 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1072 posts

Apr 20, 2007
enenthopugh i am 16 i red the thing on the website that says all i have to do is get my parents consent to participate
Ps3 owner
PsP owner
Ps2 owner
Ps1 owner

PS3 TAG-KILLERSPARTAN
curently working on :Metal Gear

Message 24 of 25 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 20, 2007

Maticusfinch wrote:
First of all, congratulations to all who read this, this is my first playstation post!  You are all priveledged!  Anyway, I'm just really impressed with everything Home is supposed to offer thus far.  Honestly, it doesn't sound like much, but just having some sort of achievement system is a very smart move on Sony's part.  There are a lot of games that I decided to buy for the 360 just because of the whole achievement point system.  I'm a huge nerd like that, apparently.  Wish I could have gotten into the beta, but I guess I'll have to suck it up, eh?  Good luck to all of us out there who didn't get invited =Þ 

Welcome to the forums!

Yeah, we are all extremely fond and anxious for Home. Don't lose your beta hopes, though. If you don't make the closed beta, the open beta offers 50,000 spots for testers. I guess 50,000 out of ±600,000 PSN users is better than only 15,000 in the closed beta, but your odds of getting in will increase if you try to check the Home Beta Trial site as often as possible.

I'm also very pysched about Home's trophy system and the Hall of Fame section. I can't wait for my skill in games to be acknowledged. An 8 foot tall, 3D model of a Chimera after I get 10 headshots in 5 seconds in Resistance? I'll take it

Message 25 of 25 (4 Views)
0 Likes