Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Re: Some advice Sony, change your course.

Jan 25, 2011

Yeah SONY wake up an smell the Roses Now.

U need to Listen to us. We are and were Home's Biggest Supporters!

Now it's like Home is just going down the Path and it's time for u to turn around and fix it.

I too Have Missing item's that ur not fixing or Returning. I have Paid item's that have been tooken away from me and the item can't even be rebought to get it back. U have gone to far now. STOP what ur doing! Quit eating those Donuts... And put down that Coffee or whatever u got ur hands on...   And set down at the table write down what people are telling you about Missing Item's and Paid item's that you took away. And get those and all other things FIXED now. Don't worry about adding New Spaces right now. That can wait. We want our stuff fixed and returned to us. Once that is done... Then focus on NEW stuff that we want. Not all that Pay To Play Crap either.

It's time you Listen to us and get on the ball here.

Nuff Said.

By: DCS

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 11 of 52 (11 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Jan 25, 2011

Akirasolid wrote:

this might be off topic but what about those trophy rooms sony mentioned when they announced home? Are they still going to come or not?

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !

I didn't even mention the trophy room, as I have given up all hope of this ever coming to Home.

Be One With The Game.

Message 12 of 52 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
90 posts

Jan 25, 2011

Dont get me wrong I love Home but i think the wardrobe glitch needs to be fixed still  because every time i use my warddrobe not everything loads and it never does its been doing this for a few weeks now. I will never leave home i just need this fixed please sony i cant wear anything i bought or anything because it doesnt load. How is a girl supposed to use her wardrobe to her advantage if she cant even access it?

Sidenote* Disregard my name I am a girl

Message 13 of 52 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 25, 2011

Let me for the record at least tell you why I'm grumpy these days.

1. The new rules have really upset me especially as the relate to discussion of other regions. Home for me is home regardless of region. To limit discussion of what is going on elsewhere is totally unacceptable to me. There should be no attempt to hide or keep users from knowing about cool things going on elsewhere. Asking that the discussion of those things be put in a suggestion forum is tantamount to trying to hide the discussion from the main forum community. Obviously, any things that users would love to see implemented here should be put in suggestions. That is what suggestions threads and that particular forum should be for.

If anything other region discussion should be encouraged. Sorry but I don't buy the rationale that it will make some users jealous. Those threads are clearly marked as other region discussions and anyone, ANYONE not interested in reading or participating in the discussion can easily bypass the thread. It's not like there were a host of these threads anyway over at Lithium given other region discussions might have had one or two threads a week at best if that.

2. Also it hurts seeing so many of my friends go elsewhere and get comfortable elsewhere. I'll have to admit I'm personally doing that myself now and I'm enjoying myself. I am not happy though because I want to be able to have those discussions here at the Official Home Fourms and have those discussions with people who I know love home and who are using this forum less and less. At some point I'm afraid they'll give up on the Official Forums altogether and that makes me very sad.

3. The mechanics of posting to this forum and the overall forum performance is simply absymal. Inability to post, having to log in and out, having issues with posting, listing of threads in the order of the recent post, having to try different browsers to get it to work, not being able to go to the last unread post, not having a lock icon for locked threads, being able to mark all discussions as read – on a regular basis – and so on are really a turn off.

I know the home team is trying to get this resolved but It's been over a month. There is no excuse for things being this bad after that amount of time. This platform was not adequately researched or tested and from what I understand many suggestions made by the MVP's went unheaded. Even the MVP's and HCV's aren't posting here anymore it seems for the most part.

4. The inability to edit posts or threads especially to make informational threads useful is also a real turnoff. I don't understand why it was OK to be able to do these things before over at Lithium but now for some godly reason it isn't here. I also don't appreciate the editing of some posts by moderation especially when from what I've seen many of them do not require editing in my view.

Users who care about home should be able to express their feelings without having them editied as long as their comments are respectful. Disagreeing with the new rules should not be a reason for their removal or editing or question why someone was banned without being notified how long their ban is is really unprofessional.

We need a vibrant and flourishing community. Sadly this move has seroiusly affected the overall well being of the community in my view. Sure it's great to get new users – that is an important part of any community – but it's not a great thing when many of the regulars – and knowledgeable – forumers decide to leave and go elsewhere.

5. I am also not pleased with the move to what appears to be a pay to play platform with so many of the new games being in that venue whereas great spaces that generated lots of traffic such as the EA Sports Complex are left in Limbo. We need a healthy combination of FREE and PAY to PLAY. Sadly the pay to play mechanic appears to be the priority at the moment.

I also agree that the cost of many items are going up. Lockwood has been raising it's prices from what I can see as well as the release of high priced items such as the new Mansion. I have nothing against supporting the platform with my dollars. I'd be afraid to total what I've spend and that really isn't an issue because for me it's my entertainment dollars for which I have no regrets. I don't particularly like the trend of increaced pricing however. Sorry but a digital gold watch isn't worth 2.49 nor was a digial handbag worth 4.99.

I love home and what to see it flourish. Please think long an hard about what your seasoned forum users are saying. Hoping they'll eventually be quiet or heaven forbid go away isn't something that should be the agenda of the day.

**hugs**

Joanna

Message 14 of 52 (11 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 25, 2011

I'm really tired of these complaints about pricing. If you want to look at things selectively, yes, you can make the argument that prices are going up. If you look at the prices overall, which I do every week, you'll see that they've stayed the same.

Yes, there's a gold watch for $2.49. There are also several other colors for .49 cents, same price as always. Go to Costumes and check out the future military and spacesuit bundles and individual pieces. Same prices we've always paid. Chairman Meow and Toby the Tabby cost less than all the other companions. The Robotic Canine is in line with other active items at $2.49. How about 25-cent T-shirts from The Odd Gentlemen?

Estates? Still $4.99, but everyone would rather talk about how the Mansion "costs $35" when it doesn't.

And I see no mention of the free content that we've had in recent weeks, just endless claims of how Pay to Play is "taking over." How many Pay to Play games are in Home? Four: Conspiracy, Slap Happy Sam's, Midway and Dragon's Green. (I suppose you could say that's five, if you count the Midways separately). How many free games and spaces are in Home?

And where else are you going to get something like Conspiracy for less than the price of a Big Mac?

I'm all in favor of people stating their opinions, but let's at least try to put things in perspective and discuss the facts. If you think something isn't worth the money, explain why. Tell us what you'd like to see instead.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 15 of 52 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 25, 2011

Opinions make the world go around.

It appears that money makes North American Home go around. Oddly enough a vibrant and entertaining region like Japan Home has no pay to play venues as far as I know. Now why is that? They introduce plenty of new public spaces constantly, they update public spaces on a regular basis, and they have tons of FREE events and lots of places where the community can play games for FREE. They obviously have a different agenda than the team here in North America.

There needs to be a healthy balance at best. We aren't seeing that in North America, at least in my view. And overall pricing increases aren't great when lots of the problems associated with the platform continue to fester.

Perhaps we should pull bowling and pool from the navigator and then institute a pay to play venue for those as well. I want to see EA return and there needs to be new venues similar to that introduced without a pay to play structure.

Keeping people in home without having to have them pay for everything isn't where we should be heading.

And I think it says a lot about North America when a company like Lockwood feels it can charge us 4.99 for a handbag while charging the EU and Japan users only a dollar.

Message 16 of 52 (11 Views)
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Jan 25, 2011

This is turning into an annual event "The Compaining of the Users" we can call it. It is the post Christmas, welcome to the real world awakening that happens every year. I am sure the fact that the sun is up less hours in the day doesn't help. If you look back at posts from a year ago they were all saying the same thing - "This is the end of Home as we know it." People were wondering if they bought items now, what would they do in a few months when Home closed.

Here we are a year later and Home is supposedly again on the verge of closing just like last year. Only this year it isn't that they are not bringing in enough money, it is because they are bringing in too much money.

My Grandparents were born in 1906. They said the one constant throughout their lives was that the World was about to end. It never did, but it was about to.

Rationalization does not equal reality even when it seems to make sense.

Message 17 of 52 (11 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 25, 2011

I'd call four pay-to-play spaces (okay, okay, five) over the course of six months versus dozens of free spaces and rewards a very healthy balance. If at some point there was more pay to play than free stuff in Home, then you might have an argument.

And again, where are these "overall pricing increases" that you mention? As near as I can recall, it's fewer than 20 items released over the past three months, most with gold plating. There have been a few serious missteps, like the initial pricing on the Fire Elemental and Lightning Chick, and the handbags, which are far too expensive. Ultimately, it's up to the user to decide whether or not these items are worth the money.

I won't argue for a minute that Japan does a much better job with free events. There's clearly a different set of priorities in play over there, perhaps because the events are driving the bottom line or because developers are willing to spend more to promote their games. I can't say, as I don't know their business model well enough.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 18 of 52 (11 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 25, 2011

Back_In_Brown wrote:

This is turning into an annual event "The Compaining of the Users" we can call it. It is the post Christmas, welcome to the real world awakening that happens every year. I am sure the fact that the sun is up less hours in the day doesn't help. If you look back at posts from a year ago they were all saying the same thing - "This is the end of Home as we know it." People were wondering if they bought items now, what would they do in a few months when Home closed.

Here we are a year later and Home is supposedly again on the verge of closing just like last year. Only this year it isn't that they are not bringing in enough money, it is because they are bringing in too much money.

My Grandparents were born in 1906. They said the one constant throughout their lives was that the World was about to end. It never did, but it was about to.

Rationalization does not equal reality even when it seems to make sense.

Sitting back and not expressing one's opinion doesn't have anything to do with the end of the world. It has to do with communicating what users think is best for the platform. After all this is supposedly a beta and we are beta testers. Beta testers I might add who for the most part are spending plenty of money.

Using your analogy we might as well just shut the forum down or make it read only so we can get information from the management team in the way of official statements only.

My grandparents and parents believed that expressing one's opinion was part of being alive. Sorry you seem to have such a pessimistic view of what a forum community should be about. It is all about discussion and expressing ones point of view.

I for one will do that given my opinions are not somthing I will never be afraid to express.

Message 19 of 52 (11 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Jan 25, 2011

HearItWow wrote:

How many Pay to Play games are in Home? Four: Conspiracy, Slap Happy Sam's, Midway and Dragon's Green. (I suppose you could say that's five, if you count the Midways separately). How many free games and spaces are in Home?

And where else are you going to get something like Conspiracy for less than the price of a Big Mac?

I'm all in favor of people stating their opinions, but let's at least try to put things in perspective and discuss the facts. If you think something isn't worth the money, explain why. Tell us what you'd like to see instead.

It is the trending that we don't like.  Instead of comparing how many Pay for Play spaces there are compared to Free spaces, you should instead compare how many of the most recent spaces to be released have been Pay for Play compared to free.

All the free spaces are old.  Most of the new spaces to be released have been Pay for Play.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to extrapolate where this trend is going.

The pricing is the same.  The trend now is, instead of bringing out more useful or cool items at regular prices, they take an already existing item, change it's colour palette to gold, and sell it at a premium.  All of this while ignoring the fact that they are charging premiums for items that they can't even guarantee will stay in your inventory.  That they can't guarantee you can log in and use. 

Home Failed.  It was supposed to be a Social Hub, where companies would come and build spaces that advertised their products and themselves.  It didn't work.  The advertising revenue didn't equal the cost of development.  Only a few tried, and those that did are starting to back out.  EA anyone.

So SCEA has started to fill in the gap the only way they can, charge for everything.  Which would be fine if the underlying product you are essentially supporting WORKED PROPERLY.  But it doesn't.

And here is the difference between SCEA and everywhere else.  Many of the other regions retain their user base by offering events, spaces, fostering community.  This in turn keeps companies spending the money to advertise in Home because the audience is kept receptive.

SCEA did not live up to this expectation from it's partner companies.  They did, and still do nothing to keep the audience receptive to the advertising they want these companies to do.  I believe this is why SCEA has taken Home in a different direction from other regions.  This is also why they don't want other regions discussed, because it is easier to sell the model of us subsidizing SCEA's failure in attracting advertisers if we don't know that there are other regions where this does not happen.

Sorry.  This just bugs me when People like Joanna who, a year ago, would have and did, take my head off for criticizing Sony for Pricing, (You go girl) is now echoing those sentiments.  And the only reason she is doing this is because SCEA stupidly proved my pessimism to be correct.  Damn it!  I SHOULD HAVE BEEN WRONG SONY!!!

Rant over.

Be One With The Game.

Message 20 of 52 (11 Views)