Highlighted
Jan 24 2011
By: The-Sarge Treasure Hunter 4395 posts

Some advice Sony, change your course.

51 replies 137 views Edited Jan 24, 2011

I know Sony doesn't respond to these forums, but surely they read them.  Here is a direct message and summary of the user base attitude right now.

Congratulations Sony.  You have officially turned off even your most ardent Home supporters.

For months there have been people who have been critical of the direction Sony has been taking.  Slow in fixing problems.  Log in Problems, Pay for Play structure.  Raising prices yet not improving the quality of the product.

And even though these things were mentioned and pointed out as warning signs almost a year ago.  There have been many Home users that would always defend Home.  Tell us to be patient, and that Home still has value.  People like Joanna_Dark, Keara, Amir.  These people, were the saints of Sony.  The Ambassadors of Home.  They were your biggest Assets Sony.  The most optimistic people you could hope to meet, and although I didn't agree with their optimism, I greatly respected and even envied it.

Well here we are starting 2011, and where are we?  The technical issues in Home continue to mount, the login issues continue, Sony shows no signs of fixing issues of missing items.  The Pay to Play model is covering more ground than a swarm of Locusts.  And prices are rising, in the middle of a recession no less, for a product that continues to have major technical issues.  And to top it off, You have switched us to, let's be honest, an inferior Forum system with rules that, in the opinion of most, is going too far.

With all of the above problems you are decimating the Home community.  To what extent?  I could tell you about the discontent.  I could tell you about the empty forums.  However, In my opinion, the biggest indicator of how bad, is this;

Your biggest assets Sony.  Those optimistic users, that always defended you, are loosing their optimism.  I have noticed Joanna's tone change as of late, as I have with Keara, and Amir is now gone, with another user leaving just today.  This is not to gloat, this is not to tell these people I told you so.  I liked their optimism.  I wanted them to be right.  I am angry at you Sony for letting these people, who so completely put their faith in you, down.

And if you have let people like this down, what do you think the casual user thinks?

You need to take stock of the attitude out here Sony.  You need to start charting a new course from the one you are currently on, or you will do irreparable damage to the Home community, and to Home itself.

Be One With The Game.

Message 1 of 52 (137 Views)
I Only Post Everything
735 posts

Re: Some advice Sony, change your course.

Jan 24, 2011

Agreed. T_T.

A week now for log in issues. A month now for forum issues.

Message 2 of 52 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Jan 24, 2011

Very nicely written Sarge, and unfortunatly I think its very accurate, as I also love Home and it saddens me to see whats happening.

I wrote in another thread that in all my time on Home and these Forums I have never seen the morale so low and so many people disenchanted.

Please Sony, look close and hard at whats happening here. The majority of people on these forums are here because we support and enjoy Home, we want it to succeed. Please read The-Sarge's note, and try to see where things have been going wrong recently.

Thankyou.

Message 3 of 52 (137 Views)
Last Guardian
10878 posts

Jan 24, 2011

The-Sarge wrote:

I know Sony doesn't respond to these forums, but surely they read them.  Here is a direct message and summary of the user base attitude right now.

Congratulations Sony.  You have officially turned off even your most ardent Home supporters.

For months there have been people who have been critical of the direction Sony has been taking.  Slow in fixing problems.  Log in Problems, Pay for Play structure.  Raising prices yet not improving the quality of the product.

Pay for Play is how Home turns a profit, its not free to maintain. Priceing i will agree with.

And even though these things were mentioned and pointed out as warning signs almost a year ago.  There have been many Home users that would always defend Home.  Tell us to be patient, and that Home still has value.  People like Joanna_Dark, Keara, Amir Jim777.  These people, were the saints of Sony.  The Ambassadors of Home.  They were your biggest Assets Sony.  The most optimistic people you could hope to meet, and although I didn't agree with their optimism, I greatly respected and even envied it.

We are a quickly dying breed but thanks.

Well here we are starting 2011, and where are we?  The technical issues in Home continue to mount, the login issues continue, Sony shows no signs of fixing issues of missing items.  The Pay to Play model is covering more ground than a swarm of Locusts.  And prices are rising, in the middle of a recession no less, for a product that continues to have major technical issues.  And to top it off, You have switched us to, let's be honest, an inferior Forum system with rules that, in the opinion of most, is going too far.

Just keep in mind that Beta tag does still reamin. Home has been running smoothly for me for quite some time but bugs will always exist and need to be fixed.

With all of the above problems you are decimating the Home community.  To what extent?  I could tell you about the discontent.  I could tell you about the empty forums.  However, In my opinion, the biggest indicator of how bad, is this;

Your biggest assets Sony.  Those optimistic users, that always defended you, are loosing their optimism.  I have noticed Joanna's tone change as of late, as I have with Keara, and Amir is now gone, with another user leaving just today.  This is not to gloat, this is not to tell these people I told you so.  I liked their optimism.  I wanted them to be right.  I am angry at you Sony for letting these people, who so completely put their faith in you, down.

And if you have let people like this down, what do you think the casual user thinks?

Damn Right. Example: http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3401523?tstart=0

You need to take stock of the attitude out here Sony.  You need to start charting a new course from the one you are currently on, or you will do irreparable damage to the Home community, and to Home itself.

They may take our Other OS,
or our PSN.

But they will never take,

OUR FREEDOM!!!

I would kudo you if i could. So ill rate and like your post. Well said.

@Jim777PS
Message 4 of 52 (137 Views)
Survivor
1924 posts

Jan 24, 2011

I agree.

Even people who never met are agreeing.

I think Home's hunger for a buck lately has started to overflow the reservoir of trust we've had for Home.

Free? My shiny gold plated (rear) it is! This place is EXPENSIVE!!! Who would have thought that pixels would cost so much?

Message 5 of 52 (137 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Jan 24, 2011

I would have written a very similar post myself a while back, but I have been negative for long enough that I think it would have had the wrong effect.  I've been feeling increasingly angry about Home's mismanagement for quite a while now, and I suspect that supporting those positive users you named would simply end up lumping them in with grumpy, irritable Aiken, rather than lending a voice to their message.

Therefore, thanks for authoring my thoughts pretty accurately and completely.  I second everything you said.  And I'm sorry if this ends up lumping you in with grumpy, irritable Aiken. 

Message 6 of 52 (137 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
735 posts

Jan 24, 2011

The issue with Home reminds me of my local hockey team. Yes, I am Canadian. Hehe.

Allow me to elaborate.  *Ahem*.

My local team is failing miserably. As a hockey fan we do not just want wins. We want a win with effort. A loss is acceptable if the team has truly given it their all. My team doesn't seem to care. And neither does the coach. Yet we fans are crying out for something to be done.

With Home, we want a true effort. We will tolerate the lag, as long as their is something there that makes us want to use it. We will tolerate the jerks and idiots if there is something fun and worthwhile to use.

Point being, Sony has something here that we want to use. Much like my team, we want to go to games and enjoy them, but simply, why support the lack of effort and the fact they don't care and waste of money. With Home, why waste money when you can't access it? And are tolerating glitches left and right, and people trying to make your life miserable?

The prices for tickets are too high with my team. The prices with Home items are too high. A lowering of prices will increase the amount of people who will buy it.

The best way to fix a team like mine is what they call rebuilding. This applies to Home.

Perhaps a rebuilding of everything ground up is necessary. Fix the basics, build fan support, and increase revenues before attempting to shoot too high.

In short, my local team may not listen, the question is Sony, will you?

Message 7 of 52 (137 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 24, 2011

Sarge I knew there was something I liked about you. Uh huh!  – PS: I'd use a smiley and a paragraph return of two but the reply window won't let me – ! ;p

Message 8 of 52 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3497 posts

Jan 24, 2011

Im going to have to agree with Sarge on this! everything he has pointed out is an issue from lag, login problems, rising prices of home, little or no fixes to problems such as missing items! i have been a user of home since may before last and it seems home has gone down hill since about a year ago! thequality of items has not risen seems like all we get are t shirts! ect! I love home and really try! to look past its faults saying its just home its just home! but with people leaveing home< i just dont know how much more i can take! i know people are growing tired of the Z(9 -2) error and ect! but they add on pay for content and totally look past the error! how are there users supost to get on home and buy stuff when they cant get on? i did see Locust Star and Glass Walls make a post about this and that is a step in the right direction! but i tottaly agree that some new direction needs to be taken! Im a big fan of Sonys products there game consoles are great been using Playstation since ps one got my first in 1996. but if the issues of home more so the error more and more poeple seem to be getting dosnt get fixed im affraid that i too will be leaving home! im still going to use PSN and play games but im begining to tink home is just not worth it anymore if it takes me 30 mins to and hour to get on it.  
Get your Portable ID! Photobucket

Honestly it wasn't suggestive at all it was quite blatant!
Message 9 of 52 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3255 posts

Jan 25, 2011

this might be off topic but what about those trophy rooms sony mentioned when they announced home? Are they still going to come or not?

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: Akirasolid Entertainment

Message 10 of 52 (137 Views)
0 Likes