VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Re: Solution's for PlayStation®Home's HCV Program Complaints!

May 23, 2012

Jersquall wrote:

It's hard being a cyborg.. /Sigh

HOMEinformer

at least youve got those laser cannons for arms.

Message 11 of 18 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

May 23, 2012

GOOD STUFF MUSIC..thank you!.......33455-220.jpg

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 12 of 18 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

May 23, 2012

Bro...the HCV's also have lives. And while Home is a great place expecting even a HCV to spend 72 hours here in 1 week is like asking Mike Tyson to stop talking with a lisp...OR ELSE !

Also expecting them to completely disassociate themselves from having friends is a bit extreme dont you think ?

I know if faced with the choice I would rather choose to just leave the program. because in the end whether we admit it or not they WILL make more enemies than friends simply because of their status.

And I wish mini mods would quit feeling the need to link to every single page in this forum.

I also wish cable tv and internet were free.

Ooops...I wandered, but in any event ya gotta keep in mind that half of their lives belongs to them and a part of their time is Sony's.

Many of them do it just purely for the love of the place, and its possible a few have personal agendas the entire program shouldnt be punished for the unethical behaviors of a few

Message 13 of 18 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

May 23, 2012

These are all great responces to this thread! I just wanted to make the HCV program professional and have more respect for the program. apparently everybody has diffrent veiws. Im Sorry. God Bless!

T.A.G President
Message 14 of 18 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 23, 2012

Appreciated. The Program has been running 3 years. We are still here bro.

jordanm13 wrote:

These are all great responces to this thread! I just wanted to make the HCV program professional and have more respect for the program. apparently everybody has diffrent veiws. Im Sorry. God Bless!

HomeStationMagazine
Message 15 of 18 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

May 23, 2012

You seem to be determined, but misguided in your intentions or methods.  Its great you have a passion for home, but just like real life, imposing your opinions on others, and completely discounting theirs in the proccess usually only works on the weak minded or timid.  Many discussions have gone on here on many things.  Do a little reading on some of the issues, if you want.  There is a wide range of some of the issues discussed fairly extensively by several on many views and opinions. 

Message 16 of 18 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10878 posts

May 23, 2012

As someone who has spoken about the program in the past, who has been in the program, and who is no longer with the program let me offer up my opinion on your uniqe ideas to how to "solve" the HCV program.

jordanm13 wrote:

Hello,

I have been scrolling through the forums and I have noticed multiple users stating things that the HCV's are getting to do things that are not fair, and why cant we do those things?

Because you are not an HCV. Pure and simple. Why do you not get to walk around the kitchen at a restaurant? Because you are not staff. Why do you not go into the female restroom? Because your a man. I suppose you might want to out of pure curiosity but trust me its not terribly exciting and it is really only there to serve you since you are the consumer.

Blaming the HCV program is not going to change the issue, understand that the HCV program has been critisised many times and they have not changed they still do the things that the "average" user does not get the oppurtunity to do. However I do have a solution to this problem and I know for a fact if this is put into affect imediatly it will change the program and it will not draw to much negative attention! The HCV's are not the problem however they can change how they interact with other users and it will make it alot easier on them not to deal with the everyday issues of people saying that they are treated better than the average user! 

Help Those Only Who Want Help Plan

HCV's should not show their personal feelings toward any user in Home or on these Forums, they should only answer the question in which is being asked. not how they feel about the user who asked or how the feel about the question. They need to answer it truthfully and honestly and show no other emotion to the question.

An absolutely 100% a terrible horrible awful idea.

You want these people to give up all sense of personality and act as robots spitting out info and data? Why would anyone want to do that? More so why would you WANT the people who are acting as a customer service extension to act like that? It would be infuriating to try and speak like that, and it would be even more infuriating to be spoken to like that. It would not serve to curve any of the negativity whatsoever, if anything people would get more hostile because the volunteers would seem like they are hiding much more behind these robot personas.

Would you like Glass to do the same? To only spit out data and answers and not engage the community at all? Would you want the moderators to simply give you copy pasted answers and then leave, not explaining or helping you understand something? No and nor should you expect this kind of dehuman behavior from the HCVs.

HCV's should not be friends with people who are in Home unless they are giving guides or a user needs to add them for help. It causes to much conversation and issues when a HCV is friends with a user that is not in need of help or assitance. I often see users on these forums who are friends with a HCV and the share information that the HCV has been doing in Home on here with other users.

So by volunteering to help the community an HCV must also give up all rights to be social and make friends in Home and on PSN? I wont go into why that is nonsense it should be fairly obvious at first glance.

HCV's should not make appearences at events or schedule them without at least spending 72 hours on duty of the week helping users in the community! If they can show up at a event and stay for 2-3 hours they should be able to at least take 72 hours of the week to help out the community!

So they should devote 72 hours to this program. Ignore jobs, family, children, hobbies and gaming, they should be 100% devoted body and soul to the HCV program? A program that they are volunteering to take part in, are not being paid, and are not receiving any tangible rewards for? Again this is not a good idea. HCVs cant do everything, as much as you might like to think they sit around all day everyday on Home they have lives, hobbies, families, jobs, school, and free time. To expect any kind of time requirement of them is flat out insane.

Thank You

-jordanm13  

There is my opinion on your post, i would lend my own solution or opinion about how the program can be fixed but that dead horse is beast left buried.

@Jim777PS
Message 17 of 18 (20 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
50 posts

May 23, 2012

Hey there -

let's keep all HCV issue discussion to one thread please:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4696934?tstart=0

v*f

Message 18 of 18 (20 Views)
0 Likes