Mar 27 2014
By: retro25 Hekseville Citizen 223 posts

Sodium 2 XP help

8 replies 309 views Edited Mar 27, 2014

What parts in Sodium 2 recommended to make the vehicle faster?  I'm at least few levels away to level 40 and I needed to know the faster way to earn lots of XP points.

Message 1 of 9 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2036 posts

Re: Sodium 2 XP help

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2014

If you would like your vehicle faster in Sodium 2, you will want to purchase items with a higher "star/tier" rating. (5 being the highest)

There will also be statistics displaying how much each part raises "speed" and more when you view them in the "garage".

If you're looking for good ways to earn XP though, you can earn a good amount with almost any vehicle. Here are some tips:

- When you race strive to earn "awards"

- Play Daily (each day awards reset and give more XP)

- Beat personal records of other racers or friends (This gives the most XP)

- Race through Multiplayer (Race another Home user there to earn XP)

Best of luck in Sodium 2 and I hope you reach level 40 soon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 9 (300 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Mar 28, 2014

retro25 wrote:

What parts in Sodium 2 recommended to make the vehicle faster?  I'm at least few levels away to level 40 and I needed to know the faster way to earn lots of XP points.

The basic parts that most the fastest racer's use:

• Class 5 afterburner
  • Class 4 engine
  • Class 1 brakes
  • Class 4 chassis
  • Class 4 computer
  • Class 4 hover's
  • Class 4 air foils

For the consumables:

• Class 2 rockets (firecracker)
  • Class 4 fuel

Message 3 of 9 (273 Views)
I Only Post Everything
556 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2014

If you don't want to spring for the full package, here are some things that you can buy/earn that will boost your speed, without having to upgrade your engine:

Chassis

Hover Engines

Afterburner

Air Foils

And of course, consumables like Fuel Additives and Rocket Boosters. Beware of the Highest Level upgrades. Some are so overpowered that they drastically reduce other stats. The only one's I would really suggest getting @ lvl 5 are things that offer stability (Nav Comp, Air Brakes, Foils and Hover Engines--although lvl 5 Hover Engines coupled with lvl 5 Airbrakes make your controls VERY VERY sensitive unless you counter with something that destabilizes you (Engine/Afterburners/Rocketboosters), so if your used to using the basics this can drastically effect your game).

Also, running a clean race is key to success. If you don't bump the sides of the track, it can drastically shave off time at the end of the race. I have come in third during the actual race but came out second or even first because I avoided bumps. If you upgrade your Brakes and Hovers and just use Rocketboosters and/or Fuel additives--you can level up fast if you know your track.

BEWARE OF THOR. Snowdog's list has mostly lvl 4 items on it, for the reason I mentioned above. The Thor engine is big on power, but also heavy and unweildy. The heaviness can make you bump more, and the destabilizing effect can turn your race into a nightmare--FAST. Make sure if you get this engine, you get something to counter this or you'll be bouncing around the track like a pinball.

If you have the Sodium Blimp personal space, you can dig up an infinite amount of the various Rocketboosters available in the garage (except for the DX variety)--for FREE. Not bad for $5.99. (Er, obviously you have to buy the space, but the investment is worth it if you love to race!)

Club: Nachtmere
Message 4 of 9 (259 Views)
Sackboy
397 posts

Mar 28, 2014

As someome who consistently sets the daily land speed record, the best way to get you xp is to keep racing the different tracks and come out to Lockwoods Sodium 2 monthly race event. I personnally have my racecraft with all class 5 equiptment except the main engine(Thor is to heavy) and the flight computer and I run over 2650 mph like it was nothing...here is a short video as I was goofing off and changed out the flight computer to a class three.

Snapshot_20140224_074533.jpg

Message 5 of 9 (251 Views)
Sackboy
397 posts

Apr 1, 2014

@snowdog765 I tried your recommended set up and it actually slowed me down. It did help with my time but I am a speed junkie, not a time bandit. Come out this Saturday and see if you can pass me . You are ahead of me in all the tracks except speed..but your are like breathing down my tail pipe...See you Saturday at the Lockwood/Sodium2 Double XP race event...Snapshot_20140331_165225.jpg

Message 6 of 9 (206 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
223 posts

Apr 1, 2014

I'm just 1 level away to level 40.  The only parts I have now are: 5 level afterburner, 4 level engine, 4 level air brakes, 4 level chassis, level 3 flight computer, 2 level hover engine and level 4 aerofoils.  Is there going to be a Double XP event again?

Message 7 of 9 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
397 posts

Apr 2, 2014

@retro25 Yes, this weekend in both the SCEE and SCEA regions..~*Sue

Message 8 of 9 (154 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Apr 3, 2014

xx96791DEATHxx wrote:

@snowdog765 I tried your recommended set up and it actually slowed me down. It did help with my time but I am a speed junkie, not a time bandit. Come out this Saturday and see if you can pass me . You are ahead of me in all the tracks except speed..but your are like breathing down my tail pipe...See you Saturday at the Lockwood/Sodium2 Double XP race event...Snapshot_20140331_165225.jpg

I will be there. Though I will be at mult-player racing anyone who wants to race.

Message 9 of 9 (135 Views)
0 Likes