Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Re: So now that Home is ultimately dying on the PS3...

Jun 16, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

I hear you, Jo

After talking to many people who were at E3 (Home users, Devs), When the subject was brought up there were just blank stares.

Nothing to talk about. I know you, WE all were expecting some kind of update but I don't think we will get one soon. Is no news good news?

Well considering I was expecting an announcement yesterday that Home would not transition to PS4 I would say no news is good news. I wasn't happy to learn about losing our Home manager however. That came out of the clear blue for me and I'm not sure the timing of that is the best for Home's future. 

I did read his blogspot and I have to say it's a pretty courageous thing for someone with the job he had at Sony to pick up and leave to pursue another dream. That's takes a lot of courage.

To be frank. I believe it can go as is to PS4 through the cloud. You're going to see other apps from our XMB there. It's Sony's call obviously. I believe a number of developers would love to continue creating for us but they're waiting..

HomeStationMagazine
Message 61 of 83 (238 Views)
Sackboy
389 posts

Jun 16, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

I hear you, Jo

After talking to many people who were at E3 (Home users, Devs), When the subject was brought up there were just blank stares.

Nothing to talk about. I know you, WE all were expecting some kind of update but I don't think we will get one soon. Is no news good news?

Well considering I was expecting an announcement yesterday that Home would not transition to PS4 I would say no news is good news. I wasn't happy to learn about losing our Home manager however. That came out of the clear blue for me and I'm not sure the timing of that is the best for Home's future. 

I did read his blogspot and I have to say it's a pretty courageous thing for someone with the job he had at Sony to pick up and leave to pursue another dream. That's takes a lot of courage.

To be frank. I believe it can go as is to PS4 through the cloud. You're going to see other apps from our XMB there. It's Sony's call obviously. I believe a number of developers would love to continue creating for us but they're waiting..

On a serious note , I will say I would have much more fun without that little thought in the back of my mind that pops up from time to time , even if they would say ' we will close home in X months or years'  that would make most users happy imo , just to have an answer or timeframe , as of now it seems like all anyone can do is post opinions or keep there opinions to themselves ,either way , A simple annoucement would be much appriciated by many i'm sure. Who knows maybe they are not sure as of yet ,or maybe they are afraid of losing a customer base regarding home if the answer is sooner than later ,only time will tell.

Off-topic: I seen someone suggest that MVP's are gone as well guides , I just asking because i'm curious if this is true or will the program continue? Again just curious. 

Back to my random posting habits Smiley Happy

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 62 of 83 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Jun 16, 2013

ALEXELWAY wrote:

hellokittyxo wrote:

al2009man wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

al2009man wrote:

We need Kudos Fairy to come over. 

I think that is Myalana. Smiley Happy

I though Chad was the Fairy?

LOL, i tried to kudos that, but i'm all out Smiley Sad

I gave you one of mine to use , yw Smiley Very Happy

We need Kudos thread! nao

Message 63 of 83 (218 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 16, 2013

ALEXELWAY wrote:

Off-topic: I seen someone suggest that MVP's are gone as well guides , I just asking because i'm curious if this is true or will the program continue? Again just curious. 

There are an awful lot more MVP's than there are MVP's who are also Home Guides.

The MVP program will continue and is not tied to Home in anyway other than those who are currently asigned to the Home Team. If Home were to end those individuals would have the opportunity to join other teams or simply quit the program. I suspect it would be their choice. 

Message 64 of 83 (211 Views)
Fender Bender
3914 posts

Jun 16, 2013

MapleStory.. that's a name I haven't seen in a few years. 

Message 65 of 83 (203 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Jun 16, 2013

I stopped recently since they were giving us the Run Around about HOME and PS4.... So we all know soon as PS4 comes out were gonna loose at least 50percent or more of our current Home users on PS3....

That will mark the End of Home.

And they can only blame it on the ones who Leave it for PS4.... (Shame on You)  Yeah i said it (Shame On You) 

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 66 of 83 (174 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Jun 16, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

I hear you, Jo

hello Frank.

Message 67 of 83 (170 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jun 16, 2013
I'm just here for the facts Ma'am.

And the Kudos. The sweet sweet kudos.

To respond to OP, yes I still purchase and yes I will until I no longer can.
A wise man once said ~ Life is a highway, and I want to ride it all night long. Smiley Very Happy
Support Forums
Message 68 of 83 (166 Views)
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Jun 16, 2013

MapleStory wrote:
Joanna_Dark WOULD kudo your message, Shadow. LOL And let's face it, Home is going to run it's course on the PS3. Phil Harrison's "killer app" is likely something Sony won't bother supporting down the line, easily in spite of him (Japanese companies are pretty ruthless like that). And with the completely different course they're taking as far as the whole social networking aspect goes, there'll be very little reason to continue Home into the next gen.

Home already doesn't run on the PS3, it runs on cloud servers. We are pretty much beta testing the cloud system that Sony says will be ready in 2014. They have chosen not to say whether home will be available to access via PS4 at that time, but I don't see why it couldn't. Meanwhile, don't assume they are terminating their virtual community project. I strongly feel they have something better in mind for the PS4.

Message 69 of 83 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1148 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 16, 2013

rramsdell wrote:
Stop spending Lil. Or at least use a budget. If you make a list and write down everything you bought on Home, you'd be shocked probably. It all adds up fast. People who have spent thousands $$$ in home, think they are special, just crazy.

Well now, just because my eyes are green, not blue, I'm gonna spend like a crazy person.

Actually, whatever I do spend, or have spent on Home, hasn't been a waste at all.

Entertainment, and a lot of laughs, have been the return on my investment in Home.

"Cause of Joanna's wonderful dance vids, three of us recently bought one of the $8.00  Dance Packs; and the Pop Star Light Dress.

Then at Hudson we synced up Soldier Boy, Hip and Belly Dances, and had a great time.

I think I laughed so much, I got my money's worth in one night Smiley Happy

It's not just about budget. It is about good times, and good people. I'm not ready to throw the baby out with the bath water.

I won't shed one tear for any amount of money I have spent, if or when Home leaves this virtual coil.

So, I will spend 'til the end, and enjoy every minute of it.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 70 of 83 (143 Views)