Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Re: So now that Home is ultimately dying on the PS3...

Jun 15, 2013

MapleStory wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

Maple, Do we seem to be lacking in weekly content in this dying state you speak of? I still buy in Home.

The future is not set. Developers will pick up slack if we were to lose another. I kind of think we have some time before we start saying our goodbyes.. So i can buy a game that last 8 hours to finish or play Home or I can do both. I choose both.

Sure Home will someday go away but Doomsday, Apocalypse prophets don't stop me from being me today.

Heya Jers! And I've never stated it's in a dying state, just that it'll only run it's course on the PS3. I can see now how the topic title can seem misleading though, should've worded it as "will end it's run on the PS3." I do believe that it'll be active well into 2-3 years but I feel like the PS4 will introduce better methods of social interaction or maybe even a successor to Home but coded from scratch with more current programming languages.

Very misleading buddy ''Home is ultimately dying'' that is the only reason for my responce Smiley Wink  Also, if home is clouded as is the only nice thing technically is a new shiny service. PSN errors be gone.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 11 of 83 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jun 15, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:

Another thing I have noticed that causes concern - no official reassurance of the world's lifespan or continuity. Why is this? 

I find that somewhat disturbing that that information cannot be shared with the community. It's long overdue and would certainly stop the endless speculation as to the future of the service. I find it disappointing and it's led to nothing but uncertainty. 

I know personally until I hear something official I won't write the service off. The fact that we did not get that information yesterday was surprising because I knew about a big announcement but I didn't expect it to be about the departure of one of our Digital managers. 

Message 12 of 83 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Maple, You stopped buying in Home 2010. What would change your mind and get you buying again if anything?

HomeStationMagazine
Message 13 of 83 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4422 posts

Jun 15, 2013
Nothing has been official yet about Home not making PS4 so saying its dying on PS3 is very premature. Home is classified as an APP and should receive the same exemption to online usage as the other APP's like Netflix, Amazon, ETC. Cade already stated that his departure was just bad timing but already planed, and from what I understand their are new future plans for the MVP's. The title to this thread is presumption and perpetuating a conspiracy theory to Homes demise. I can't find one thread that has factual info on Homes future but plenty of "What if's" and "Could be's" going on, so why another one?
Message 14 of 83 (350 Views)
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Personally I still see lots of new releases every week, I spend money on home when I have extra to spend, and will continue to support home as long as they continue to release stuff, but that's just me...

photo samurai-bujutsu-107698.jpg
Message 15 of 83 (328 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

it was pretty clear that they had lost track of any direction they were originally shooting for - Im not sure why felt it wasnt going in the direction you expected or the direction you believe they were shooting for, but can I ask you this since you seem to know, what was the direction Sony was shooting for?  

And with the completely different course they're taking as far as the whole social networking aspect goes, there'll be very little reason to continue Home into the next gen - This confuses me a bit since Home is a social network as well and if their focus is social networking then why not support their own as supposed to supporting other social networking companies such as FB and Twitter?

The choice to support Home till its last days may be different from person to person, (a short story) just the other day in a thread about the new Game Mechanics "Day at the races" I stated that I didnt like the fact that If I bought something why would I need tokens to play it and because of that I didnt buy it, to which someone replied "I enjoy it", at that point I felt I had no rebuttal, because in the end thats all that matters.  Those simple 3 words made me **shut it** LOL

The moral of the story?  Whatever you choose do to with your money as long as you enjoy it, it is always worth it.  So I will support Home till its end because hun, to put it plane and simple "I enjoy It" Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 83 (317 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
229 posts

Jun 15, 2013
Home information was put into a cloud server earlier this year, there was an update about it, and video replies, and things like this. so it's already been moved over. There's a few video's with information on it from youtube.

Now it's just a matter of waiting, and hoping they didn't scrap it at the last second.
Message 17 of 83 (302 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Jun 15, 2013
I love how he said, developes will pick up the slack. Not 100% certain on that statement jes.

I won't buy at all. Stopped buying long time ago. Its almoste nearly impossible to get a refund and home is cutting their staff big time

People who will still purchase things, its only about money when it comes to home. They've lost based with their true customers. Home is just one big advertisement that's gone away with true gaming.
Message 18 of 83 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Jun 15, 2013

I keep telling myself I will stop spending on Home...

But then they release Unicorn bundles and Fantasy horses and Loots great Bundle of LMO's and I buy them because they are so awesome.

I suppose when they stop releasing new and innovative items I will stop spending...

I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 83 (347 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Jun 15, 2013
Stop spending Lil. Or at least use a budget. If you make a list and write down everything you bought on Home, you'd be shocked probably. It all adds up fast. People who have spent thousands $$$ in home, think they are special, just crazy.
Message 20 of 83 (342 Views)