Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/01/2011
Offline
1401 posts
 

Re: So now that Home is ultimately dying on the PS3...

Jun 16, 2013
It would appear to me that your lack of monitary supoort could be a direct factor.
Message 71 of 83 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/18/2012
Offline
2968 posts
 

Re: So now that Home is ultimately dying on the PS3...

Jun 16, 2013

MapleStory wrote:

how many of you plan to continue purchasing things within it? I stopped spending a dime on Home by January 2010, as it was pretty clear that they had lost track of any direction they were originally shooting for.

 

Are there still a lot of users who feel excited for newly released content? And do those of you who still plan to financially support Home hope to expect any specific type of content or updates down the line?


As I see it, you've missed about three and half years of fun and will be missing at least two more. Your loss.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 72 of 83 (249 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/17/2012
Offline
71 posts
 

Re: So now that Home is ultimately dying on the PS3...

Jun 16, 2013

I don't plan on making anymore purchases on Home. I know for sure that I've lost the appeal I had when I first played Home too. Before, I'd easily spend $10-20 a week! Now, I'll spend that in months! I think I'm just content with everything I already have, in fact I'm a bit overwhelmed. If there was an option, I'd give 90% of it away.

 

As for the Home dying... I have to agree. I've been playing since the Closed Beta days and I see the drastic decrease in activity. The lack of any mention towards it's lifespan  on the PS4 is a strong sign.  Developer activity points to the end as well and mostly, the lack of interest Sony shows for it. The PS4's Social features would make Home useless social wise and it'd be just a simulator dress up and decorating game. It was fun while it lasted though. I plan to enjoy just roaming and still meeting new people until the PS4 arrives. Then, I shall hang up my hat on Home for good.

Message 73 of 83 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: So now that Home is ultimately dying on the PS3...

Jun 16, 2013

Crixix wrote:

I don't plan on making anymore purchases on Home. I know for sure that I've lost the appeal I had when I first played Home too. Before, I'd easily spend $10-20 a week! Now, I'll spend that in months! I think I'm just content with everything I already have, in fact I'm a bit overwhelmed. If there was an option, I'd give 90% of it away.

 

As for the Home dying... I have to agree. I've been playing since the Closed Beta days and I see the drastic decrease in activity. The lack of any mention towards it's lifespan  on the PS4 is a strong sign.  Developer activity points to the end as well and mostly, the lack of interest Sony shows for it. The PS4's Social features would make Home useless social wise and it'd be just a simulator dress up and decorating game. It was fun while it lasted though. I plan to enjoy just roaming and still meeting new people until the PS4 arrives. Then, I shall hang up my hat on Home for good.


Ah well I'll take your 90% and still keep spending more on it for now. We all know Home's lifespan is finite...at least we should. Be that as it may, I'll enjoy myself while I still can, and pay little heed to those who try to say "I told you so".

Message 74 of 83 (189 Views)
Monster Hunter
Registered: 03/30/2009
Offline
32 posts
 

Re: So now that Home is ultimately dying on the PS3...

Jun 16, 2013

Heyyyy, Maple!! Smiley Very Happy 

 

I've stopped spending in Home, and won't spend anything more until its fate is officially announced. Just to be on the safe side. I have spent way too much over the years as it is and am a little embarrassed about it. When I look back now, I think about how many awesome games I missed out on and could have bought with that money. >_< Silly me! 

 

I will, however, continue to collect the free items. I.e., from events like E3... I don't really care about the free t-shirts. xD

Message 75 of 83 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/02/2013
Offline
4056 posts
 

Re: So now that Home is ultimately dying on the PS3...

Jun 16, 2013

aero_oceana wrote:

Heyyyy, Maple!! Smiley Very Happy 

 

I've stopped spending in Home, and won't spend anything more until its fate is officially announced. Just to be on the safe side. I have spent way too much over the years as it is and am a little embarrassed about it. When I look back now, I think about how many awesome games I missed out on and could have bought with that money. >_< Silly me! 

 

I will, however, continue to collect the free items. I.e., from events like E3... I don't really care about the free t-shirts. xD


What?! Every LOVES the T-shirts! Come on, guys, back me up here. They are by far the FAVORITE reward available on Home. I haven't taken a pole or anything, but I'm pretty sure. Right guys?.... guys? Hmm... That's odd. Smiley Tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 76 of 83 (173 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 09/10/2012
Offline
1317 posts
 

Re: So now that Home is ultimately dying on the PS3...

Jun 16, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

aero_oceana wrote:

Heyyyy, Maple!! Smiley Very Happy 

 

I've stopped spending in Home, and won't spend anything more until its fate is officially announced. Just to be on the safe side. I have spent way too much over the years as it is and am a little embarrassed about it. When I look back now, I think about how many awesome games I missed out on and could have bought with that money. >_< Silly me! 

 

I will, however, continue to collect the free items. I.e., from events like E3... I don't really care about the free t-shirts. xD


What?! Every LOVES the T-shirts! Come on, guys, back me up here. They are by far the FAVORITE reward available on Home. I haven't taken a pole or anything, but I'm pretty sure. Right guys?.... guys? Hmm... That's odd. Smiley Tongue


Jules, you should make a thread about Tshirts, I just know everyone would support it lol

Message 77 of 83 (162 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/02/2013
Offline
4056 posts
 

Re: So now that Home is ultimately dying on the PS3...

Jun 16, 2013

hellokittyxo wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:

aero_oceana wrote:

Heyyyy, Maple!! Smiley Very Happy 

 

I've stopped spending in Home, and won't spend anything more until its fate is officially announced. Just to be on the safe side. I have spent way too much over the years as it is and am a little embarrassed about it. When I look back now, I think about how many awesome games I missed out on and could have bought with that money. >_< Silly me! 

 

I will, however, continue to collect the free items. I.e., from events like E3... I don't really care about the free t-shirts. xD


What?! Every LOVES the T-shirts! Come on, guys, back me up here. They are by far the FAVORITE reward available on Home. I haven't taken a pole or anything, but I'm pretty sure. Right guys?.... guys? Hmm... That's odd. Smiley Tongue


Jules, you should make a thread about Tshirts, I just know everyone would support it lol


You think so?! You're probably right. It just isn't getting enough exposure buried in this other thread. It may take me a while to compose it, though. Gotta get the wording just right. Smiley Wink

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 78 of 83 (157 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/03/2007
Offline
1191 posts
 

Re: So now that Home is ultimately dying on the PS3...

Jun 16, 2013
This is just QQing because ISE is gone.
Message 79 of 83 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 09/10/2012
Offline
1317 posts
 

Re: So now that Home is ultimately dying on the PS3...

Jun 16, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

hellokittyxo wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:

aero_oceana wrote:

Heyyyy, Maple!! Smiley Very Happy 

 

I've stopped spending in Home, and won't spend anything more until its fate is officially announced. Just to be on the safe side. I have spent way too much over the years as it is and am a little embarrassed about it. When I look back now, I think about how many awesome games I missed out on and could have bought with that money. >_< Silly me! 

 

I will, however, continue to collect the free items. I.e., from events like E3... I don't really care about the free t-shirts. xD


What?! Every LOVES the T-shirts! Come on, guys, back me up here. They are by far the FAVORITE reward available on Home. I haven't taken a pole or anything, but I'm pretty sure. Right guys?.... guys? Hmm... That's odd. Smiley Tongue


Jules, you should make a thread about Tshirts, I just know everyone would support it lol


You think so?! You're probably right. It just isn't getting enough exposure buried in this other thread. It may take me a while to compose it, though. Gotta get the wording just right. Smiley Wink


well get to it, I'm about to break my mouse hitting refresh looking for this new tshirt thread -_- lol

Message 80 of 83 (143 Views)