Wastelander
859 posts

Re: So is it worth it?

Mar 11, 2007
you must A have a **bleep**y intertnet connection
B Must not own the PS3
C bored of xbox 360 so you go rant on our forums
and last of all I would like to say I have NO lag at all, and my wireless router is shooting thur 4 walls and a basement with a 10mpbs a secound internet connection

modelnumber7 wrote:
in my opinon home is kinda a bad thing sure it looks cool but its really nothing but an online sims. I mean think about it psn is stuggling enough to just let us play online without lag and with the internet browser and home there taking away bandwith from the gaming if i wanted to hang with friends i just go to there house but when im in the mood for some online gaming i dont want no split screen junk i want a service like xbox live so its 8 cents a day for a 10 times better service . I think home is the wrong way to go its a gaming system not a sims game.

hit counter
Message 11 of 17 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12687 posts

Mar 11, 2007
No, I think about $25/year would be decent though. But ofcourse I will still pay $50 a year because I love Xbox Live, and it adds a lot more fun to the Xbox 360.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 12 of 17 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
472 posts

Mar 11, 2007
home is so **bleep**in **bleep**, what a ripoff, you have to pay for virtual items! hahahahahaha
Message 13 of 17 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3517 posts

Mar 12, 2007

chaingangsoldier69 wrote:
No, I think about $25/year would be decent though. But ofcourse I will still pay $50 a year because I love Xbox Live, and it adds a lot more fun to the Xbox 360.

I "might" pay for home... but I'm not paying 50 bucks a year for a text-based glorified friends list.  It's nice what the service offers in terms of content... but most content you have to BUY anyhow... that should take care of the service... but you're actually just paying to download FREE demos - do more with a friends list and have a number you can't do much with... ???  make sense?  currently, Live has more content... that's it.  As for functionality... Home blows it away... the content will get there.
Message 14 of 17 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Mar 12, 2007
after seeing it, live isn't worth anything.

guitoorbenchi's Gamercard
Message 15 of 17 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Mar 12, 2007
Sorry Xboxers, but no way.

Everything in Live can/should be put into HOME via firmware updates. Chatting to friends on a universal friend list in-game, background downloading, universal custom soundtracks, and whatnot can all be added. Background downloading already being the confirmed, while Phil's hesitance to reveal the rest of the update hints toward maybe at least 1 more thing from that list being included in the March update.

Only thing Live will have on HOME is that voice communication will be the standard, whereas it's more of a choice on the PSN. Hopefully with more and more online games coming out that the majority will end up buying a headset. Maybe Sony can do a Socom1-like package deal.
Message 16 of 17 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2722 posts

Mar 12, 2007
Helllll no, go ps3
PSN : PwnStar12

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 17 of 17 (160 Views)
0 Likes