Aug 23 2013
By: Jason1802128 Fender Bender 1728 posts

So about the Diamond Beach Yacht...

7 replies 267 views Edited Aug 23, 2013

So I won the Diamond Beach yacht yesterday and it is the only piece of the new mansion that I own.  A few odd things I noticed about it is that it comes up as Diamond beach mansion and not just the yacht.  When I went there I was at the mansion itself.  So apparently you get the outside of the mansion and all of the area around the house as part of it.  I had to r5un around the place trying to figure out how to get to the yacht.  After finding the water taxi on the right hand side of the mansion I was treated to a ride to the yacht.  About half way to the boat I loaded into another space which was the actual yacht.  The yacht is nice and all but what is the deal with actually getting to it?

So do I have to go and run around the mansion just to get to the yacht every time?  I have to load up 2 different spaces just to get to the one piece that I own?  This seems very odd to me.  Also I can decorate the outside of the mansion but don't have access to the house itself.  I find this all very strange.  The outside seemed to have a 100 item limit which was separate from the 100 item limit at the actual yacht. 

Has anyone found an easy way to get to the yacht?  I find it kind of annoying that I have to run around all over a house that I don't not own to get to a boat that I do own.  Where is the logic in that.  Overall I like the yacht and find it quite appealing but the drawback is all the hoops you have to go through to actually get there.

Any thoughts on the subject?

jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 1 of 8 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2175 posts

Re: So about the Diamond Beach Yacht...

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2013

It was designed that way, unfortunately. Though, I think it was a dumb idea in the first place.. I was initially looking for it on the navigator with my other personal spaces, but was surprised to see it wasn't. I'd much rather it be on the navigator with my other personal spaces, than have to go to one space to get to it. The first, second, & pool area share the 100 item limit. The Yacht is the only part of the mansion that has it's own item limit.

Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Message 2 of 8 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
487 posts

Aug 23, 2013

If you don't plan on buying and decorating the first floor, you could always put a telepad at the end of the dock that takes you right outside the gate of the yacht space thus not having to run all the way across the space.

photo resize187x186_zps228e9f5d.gif
Message 3 of 8 (244 Views)
Survivor
2175 posts

Aug 23, 2013

JAHoE wrote:

If you don't plan on buying and decorating the first floor, you could always put a telepad at the end of the dock that takes you right outside the gate of the yacht space thus not having to run all the way across the space.

Or, a simpler solution would be for them to place it on the navigator.

Message 4 of 8 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
487 posts

Aug 23, 2013

I think it's kinda cool to havve a space with something a little different. If it were in the navigator why would we need the boat, but i guess we could use both?

photo resize187x186_zps228e9f5d.gif
Message 5 of 8 (220 Views)
Survivor
2175 posts

Aug 23, 2013

JAHoE wrote:

I think it's kinda cool to havve a space with something a little different. If it were in the navigator why would we need the boat, but i guess we could use both?

Yeah, it's different. But I personally prefer it to be on the nav. And I'm certain there are others who agree with me about it.

Message 6 of 8 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1473 posts

Aug 23, 2013

Hey, you didn't have to pay $14.99 for it so I say, a little running around I could deal with! Smiley Wink

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 7 of 8 (178 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
676 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2013

Yes, it's interesting the mansion is a similar system to the nDreams Complex (but more expensive and more running around). The beachfront is basically like the base space, and you buy the other parts. But I agree the yacht should go to directly, since it's technically a different space than the other 3 parts.

Message 8 of 8 (140 Views)
0 Likes