I Only Post Everything
1061 posts

Re: So Now We Have Gangs in Home?

Jul 11, 2010

ahh ok, that makes scense... they actually try to get ppl ban, they got my boy one time and he dont even use home  since cb so it makes me iffy on home, i spend too much on my account (and now psn+ annual) to lose it over kids and gangs, its a shame tho!  now the cool clubs are different.

Message 11 of 158 (43 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1061 posts

Jul 11, 2010

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

Gangs in Home?  There's only one gang I know of.  They like to pretend they're aliens.  No one's impressed with them.

The Homelings are good buch of ppl created back in closed beta days, i remember them.

Message 12 of 158 (43 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1061 posts

Jul 11, 2010

oldcatsrock wrote:

Summer is half over now, And the little boys will be back in school, To busy to play Gang.

true true. *stares@calender*

Message 13 of 158 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jul 12, 2010

Actually, even though this is probably just a summer thing I worry that these "new bad boys" will take what they see as what gangs do and apply them in Home.  Hate crimes, bullying, harassment-- not to say that doesn't go on already but think about the intensity it could be raised to "as a gang."  Also not saying that all gangs or groups on home are aiming to be a negative group.

Virtual never ventures too far from reality.

Message 14 of 158 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Jul 12, 2010

Honestly guys.. There are actual 'families' and 'groups' on Home that try to make a difference.. They host fun parties, fun events, help with the community (kinda like HCVs), and report offenders.. It sadly only takes a couple bad apples to make everyone doubt the whole box.. It all breaks down to simple logic: A large majority of people now-a-days, especially the 'young' generation, lack personal responsibility for their actions. Also, people think that there is this security blanket of being anonymous because its the internet. So that allows them to do whatever, whenever because 'noone truly knows its me'.. So, to them, its acceptable to be complete morons and abuse people on Home. Also, no offense to Sony, because I know the situation, but there seems to be a 'ball drop' effect going on. These people do this stuff in large masses because, well, its harder to ban the entire group. They can just turn around and make another name.. Bam! Back at it in 10 minutes. As a person who used to frequent The Godfather 2 Lounge, its a complete circus there now. Yet, if Sony were to remove it, it would just spread to Club Fight Night, Singstar, Playground, etc..

I also promise, once the summer is over, it wont stop. These are grown adults leading these people, some groups include minors, to do these activities.. I cant believe that that is not some form of abuse.. With the rise in teenagers killing themselves over being bullied on the internet, we as a community need to step up. I've reported many offenders multiple times, to no avail. I've been attacked repeatidly by certain groups of people. With extreme threats of violence like slamming my head into a sidewalk. Thank goodness I happen to be thick skinned. I think once we all band together and report these people, it will make Home a little quieter.. Make it known that every time they come back, they'll get it.. Maybe it will stop

Message 15 of 158 (43 Views)
Wastelander
731 posts

Jul 12, 2010

This ISN'T news....

BannerFans.com
Message 16 of 158 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2254 posts

Jul 12, 2010

polo155 wrote:

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

Gangs in Home?  There's only one gang I know of.  They like to pretend they're aliens.  No one's impressed with them.

The Homelings are good buch of ppl created back in closed beta days, i remember them.

Most appreciated, polo... and Max - Homelings are not a gang. We do not engage in gang-like activities nor do we harass or abuse others. We do not express who impresses us and who does not, and we definitely do not bash other groups or individuals in the forums.

GISignature
Message 17 of 158 (43 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1061 posts

Jul 12, 2010

Demonicslapchop wrote:

Honestly guys.. There are actual 'families' and 'groups' on Home that try to make a difference.. They host fun parties, fun events, help with the community (kinda like HCVs), and report offenders.. It sadly only takes a couple bad apples to make everyone doubt the whole box.. It all breaks down to simple logic: A large majority of people now-a-days, especially the 'young' generation, lack personal responsibility for their actions. Also, people think that there is this security blanket of being anonymous because its the internet. So that allows them to do whatever, whenever because 'noone truly knows its me'.. So, to them, its acceptable to be complete morons and abuse people on Home. Also, no offense to Sony, because I know the situation, but there seems to be a 'ball drop' effect going on. These people do this stuff in large masses because, well, its harder to ban the entire group. They can just turn around and make another name.. Bam! Back at it in 10 minutes. As a person who used to frequent The Godfather 2 Lounge, its a complete circus there now. Yet, if Sony were to remove it, it would just spread to Club Fight Night, Singstar, Playground, etc..

I also promise, once the summer is over, it wont stop. These are grown adults leading these people, some groups include minors, to do these activities.. I cant believe that that is not some form of abuse.. With the rise in teenagers killing themselves over being bullied on the internet, we as a community need to step up. I've reported many offenders multiple times, to no avail. I've been attacked repeatidly by certain groups of people. With extreme threats of violence like slamming my head into a sidewalk. Thank goodness I happen to be thick skinned. I think once we all band together and report these people, it will make Home a little quieter.. Make it known that every time they come back, they'll get it.. Maybe it will stop

very well put Demonic

Message 18 of 158 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Jul 12, 2010
This is really nothing new. Its been going on for a while now but it has only really started to become noticable since school ended.
Message 19 of 158 (43 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
921 posts

Jul 12, 2010

Lol "Gangs" on an online gaming platform what a joke......  I have said it before and I'll say it again what a joke..

Message 20 of 158 (43 Views)
0 Likes