Dec 23 2010
By: Elway358 Uncharted Territory 1395 posts

So No More Codes Posted of ANY Kind?

56 replies 103 views Edited Dec 23, 2010

Wow, very disappointed to read this in the post welcoming users to the new forums. To be honest coming here to share or find codes posted was one of my main reasons for visiting period.

Does this also mean that codes such as those that have been posted by Home staff, etc in the past will also no longer be posted here? If so, what's the difference between those and user shared codes?

The visual changes to the forum is one thing but wow, this is a major let down and a big reason to visit these forums now gone.

Message 1 of 57 (103 Views)
Sackboy
433 posts

Re: So No More Codes Posted of ANY Kind?

Dec 23, 2010

Well that just blows That was half the fun right there.

Message 2 of 57 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5465 posts

Dec 23, 2010

No codes, huh?  Looks like everyone is going to have to start using hard work again.

Video somewhat related.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 57 (103 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Dec 23, 2010

I made a thread like this but no clue where it went LOL.Anyway i hope they change this and allow us to post codes

photo 47_zpsafbf2c79.gif
Message 4 of 57 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
779 posts

Dec 23, 2010

MecuryValentine wrote:

• No Code Sharing. In the past users were allowed to share various promotional codes in the Home General Forum. From now on, any mention of sharing codes or offering to share codes will be removed and could lead to account suspension.
  • Discussing content from other regions: We invite you to suggest content released in other regions that is not currently available in this region in the Suggestions thread. Please keep all posts about non-North America Region content limited to the monthly suggestion thread.

Nothing like a surpression of First Amendment rights. Freedom of the Press anyone? Not here apparently, lol.

Message 5 of 57 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Dec 23, 2010

tom005 wrote:

MecuryValentine wrote:

• No Code Sharing. In the past users were allowed to share various promotional codes in the Home General Forum. From now on, any mention of sharing codes or offering to share codes will be removed and could lead to account suspension.
  • Discussing content from other regions: We invite you to suggest content released in other regions that is not currently available in this region in the Suggestions thread. Please keep all posts about non-North America Region content limited to the monthly suggestion thread.

Nothing like a surpression of First Amendment rights. Freedom of the Press anyone? Not here apparently, lol.

tom005

Wow, this is taking it a little too far. Account suspension over posting or sharing redeem codes??

Message 6 of 57 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Dec 23, 2010

tom005 wrote:

tom005

I by no means support Sony in their new rules and I believe it is to harsh, but... Sony has every right to suppress what people say and do on their own forums.  It is our government that does not have the right to suppress the First Amendment.

Further more, if you disagree with the policies of Sony or they suppress your speech on their forums, you do have the First Amendment right to speak your mind outside of Sony's forums via blogs, wikis, non-Sony forums, paper press, etc.  They have no power over you outside their forums.

Message 7 of 57 (103 Views)
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Dec 23, 2010

Yaa That Sucks .. Oh We'll .. Might as We'll Ban Me Now.. That Was The Only Reason I Came On Here LOL

Message 8 of 57 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Dec 23, 2010

OctoberFire87 wrote:

Well that just blows That was half the fun right there.

Photobucket

The new rules are a bit much. They really need to rethink what they are trying to do here. This is moving the forums in the wrong direction.

Message 9 of 57 (103 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1491 posts

Dec 23, 2010

You know, I can almost see where they're going with the whole "no code sharing" thing. Almost.

Anyone remember when the PlayStation Blog or whatever was giving away the voucher codes for the "PlayStation Pants" or whatever, you know the black pants with the PS face buttons as the belt buckle? There were a ton of people at that event who got the code and couldn't even redeem it when they logged out because people just told people right here on this forum about it and people just redeemed it from their PS3's or remotely from MediaGo or whatever. I could see them wanting to stop stuff like that. Maybe they're trying to keep people from pulling another thing like that Schick situation, where that guy just randomly appeared with like 200 Schick codes out of nowhere and people were wondering if they were stolen or not?

The region stuff though, that is poorly thought out. All that's going to happen is that this rule'll either get totally ignored or the already bloated suggestion threads are going to be co-opted by international users which'll just further dilute the thread's original intended purpose. That I can't wrap my head around. Why not just make a new sub forum like "PlayStation Home International" or if you can't, delete one that's hardly used like the Xi sub forum and replace it with that.

Message 10 of 57 (103 Views)
0 Likes