Jun 12 2013
By: StardustChampion Uncharted Territory 1157 posts

So Microosft announces its own virtual world...

70 replies 1033 views Edited Jun 12, 2013

It's as close as possible to Home in form and function but with next generation graphics, shorter load times, and integrated media features that allow you to use services such as watching tv/movies and listening to music--with friends!

Avatars are highly detailed and realistic, with the option to scan yourself using the Kinect. There will be product promotions, movie & game events, concerts, clothes/hair, mounts/vehicles, and minigames. Input is up to the discretion of the user, from text to voice to video chat (beware of Uno players). The service is split into two zones for minors and adults, based on the type of Live account. Content is not separated by regions, allowing you to play Mortal Kombat with a friend in Vietnam.

All reports of exploits and rule infractions are investigated and dealt with swiftly by the disciplinary team (for those of you who are unaware, Microsoft is very serious about this with the 360).

Assuming this happened after Sony reveals Home will not be on the PS4, would you buy an Xbox One instead?

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 1 of 71 (1,033 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1136 posts

Re: So Microosft announces its own virtual world...

Jun 12, 2013
No.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 2 of 71 (1,029 Views)
Wastelander
715 posts

Jun 12, 2013
KUDO! No as well Smiley Tongue
Message 3 of 71 (1,016 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2633 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2013

No ... And I Kudos your post by accident.. Mod if you can un Kudo it... Thanks in advance... Im playing Star Hawk.

THE FAZEONES LOUNGE  2014 Home Logo
Message 4 of 71 (998 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2013

No. I'm not even planning on purchasing a PS4.  I'll stick with the PS3, and http://www.imvu.com .  There's over 6 million items on there, all of it is user-made, all the rooms are made and moderated by users, there is no censoring of curse words of any kind, the avatars are 100% more customizable, and I personally think the graphics are far superior.  Plus, you can see all the users and number of users before entering any room.  And the biggest thing of all - it's cheaper by a landslide.  If you spend 3 dollars on imvu, you can get several outfits built from the ground-up rather than 1 or 2 shirts.

It doesn't really matter, though. Globalization is what it is.  People will flock to whatever is convenient without giving anything a second-thought. The new XBOX has to be online constantly to work.  And the new PS4 is nothing but a computer. There isn't really any product.

www.tiny.cc/signforhome

-------

If you are part of the 99%, you are automatically a part of the Occupy movement.
Message 5 of 71 (989 Views)
Sackboy
582 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Microsoft is trying to take over the world!!! Atleast the digital one. As for me I've been a Sony Loyalst since 98 and don't plan on switching sides.

Message 6 of 71 (973 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Jun 12, 2013
No chance in hell. I learned my lesson. Weather home hits ps4 or not i will not put myself into a situation where i have to worry about my investment, time and/or money wise, all being for nothing 1,2, or 10 years down the line. I will have me one of them there ps4s tho, and a hefty shelf to support all my discs.
Message 7 of 71 (963 Views)
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2013

Well, the entire contents of all major companies and corporations of any kind, including all media, is owned by about 7-10 main companies across the globe.  I don't think it really matters at the end of the day whether any of us "picks" one or the other.  It's pretty much decided for us what we're going to get no matter what. 

Personally, I'm exited about the Ouya.  http://www.ouya.tv/

www.tiny.cc/signforhome

-------

If you are part of the 99%, you are automatically a part of the Occupy movement.
Message 8 of 71 (961 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Microsoft has announced Project Spark, a virtual world creator which can be controlled through the use of voice command and smart glass.

Using these worlds,gamers can create their own games and characters to control within the world. The connective capabilities of the xbox one also allows other gamers to play along inside world.

The developers claim that just about anything can happen in this game.

No thanks. I like my prerendered rendered for me. Smiley Wink

HomeStationMagazine
Message 9 of 71 (960 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jun 12, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

It's as close as possible to Home in form and function but with next generation graphics, shorter load times, and integrated media features that allow you to use services such as watching tv/movies and listening to music--with friends!

Avatars are highly detailed and realistic, with the option to scan yourself using the Kinect. There will be product promotions, movie & game events, concerts, clothes/hair, mounts/vehicles, and minigames. Input is up to the discretion of the user, from text to voice to video chat (beware of Uno players). The service is split into two zones for minors and adults, based on the type of Live account. Content is not separated by regions, allowing you to play Mortal Kombat with a friend in Vietnam.

All reports of exploits and rule infractions are investigated and dealt with swiftly by the disciplinary team (for those of you who are unaware, Microsoft is very serious about this with the 360).

Assuming this happened after Sony reveals Home will not be on the PS4, would you buy an Xbox One instead?

Go Phil Harrison!  What Home should have been from the start.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 10 of 71 (946 Views)
0 Likes