Feb 08 2013
By: Bobsfed Fender Bender 3073 posts
Accepted Solution

Siren Ward of Despair Alcove Set

10 replies 421 views Edited Feb 8, 2013

I realize this is an old game topic, but is the alcove set reward easy to get in there? I heard you have to make it through the game without anyone dying. The thing is I heard theres 3 different scenarios and I have no idea which one is which, or what to do for that matter. If there's anyone with experience of this game willing to help me out in there , it would be much appreciated. I'm usually on in the afternoons and really late at night. Also take note not to go too fast as I tend to lose people easily, and tend to get disoriented sometimes in games with close quarters or narrow hallways. 

bobs fed signature
Message 1 of 11 (421 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3761 posts

Re: Siren Ward of Despair Alcove Set

Feb 8, 2013
The scenarios don't matter when it comes to the Alcove, just as long as all members make it out alive. I haven't played in ages, but I know the game pretty well. I could help out some time if ya want.
Message 2 of 11 (412 Views)
VP of Gaming
26661 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 9, 2013

The best way to get the Alcove is to become familiar with the layout of the place - to have an idea on how to avoid being killed. Once you do this, join a game and go as fast as you can to the end, collecting what you need to open doors and such. Do not stop to help anyone as you can do that when you play again.  Usually at least one person will die which leaves you without the Alcove. 

So, run as fast as you can - fend for yourself. Finish the game before anyone dies. And then come back to a later game, if you wish, to work with the team.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 3 of 11 (411 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4279 posts

Feb 8, 2013

LightOfValkyrie wrote:
The scenarios don't matter when it comes to the Alcove, just as long as all members make it out alive. I haven't played in ages, but I know the game pretty well. I could help out some time if ya want.

Only you have to get out before anyone else dies, after that it makes no difference what happens to the rest of the group.

Also, to get the Alcove, you have to start the game with 4 players.

The best way to get it is just ask three friends to join you and have them sit in the bathroom at the start of the game (or any of the many safe spots) and just work your way to the exit, using different methods based on the scenario you are in. 

If you are not familiar with the different scenarios, there are video walkthroughs on YouTube.  Its really quite easy once you are familiar with the path to take.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 4 of 11 (392 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1314 posts

Feb 8, 2013

just let me know when you wanna try to get it and i'll help you.

Message 5 of 11 (349 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3498 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

You can always get some of your friends to help you by having them stay in a safe area until you complete the game. The stairwell at the end by the elevator works well. Having people running around triggering cut scenes at different intervals can be a little disorienting. It gets you killed real quick.:womanhappy:

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Message 6 of 11 (322 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Feb 8, 2013

You just need to finish before someone dies. If you're quick, and someone isn't completely stupid. You can do it.

Message 7 of 11 (293 Views)
Fender Bender
3073 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

You can always get some of your friends to help you by having them stay in a safe area until you complete the game. The stairwell at the end by the elevator works well. Having people running around triggering cut scenes at different intervals can be a little disorienting. It gets you killed real quick.:womanhappy:

_
Well I went there this morning and barely anyone was there. I saw you there too Blackmagicwoman lol. But no one else was playing so I actually got to do a few games by myself and got to know the layout more. I was actually able to finish the easiest one without too many problems. I think it's the nurse scenario but not entirely sure. But I finished that one afew times. Later I was playing some sames with 4 other people, but they seemed even more clueless about this place than me. I also find it kind of confusing with other people because sometimes they block your view and you can't see what one of the nurses is doing up ahead. But now that I know the layout a little more I'll keep trying. Thanks for the tips everyone and just send me a friend request if you don't have anything better to do, if you want to play some rounds with me. :manhappy:

bobs fed signature
Message 8 of 11 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Feb 9, 2013
When I first "discovered" Home, after having a ps3 for almost a year perhaps, one of the spots that became most memorable for me was the Ward of Despair. I haven't been on for a couple weeks and shouldn't even suggest I can help but I want to so bad. There's a decent chance I could be on Home many hours come Sunday though so I'd love to try. I must have played the various scenarios hundreds of times each so staying put will be practically impossible. How about we race? :smileywink: Hope to help.
Message 9 of 11 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3073 posts

Feb 9, 2013

I got the alcove set now. After many trails and errors that is. At first I had 3 friends helping me and we survived the run through, but I still didn't get it. Then later I did it with 4 other random players and we all managed to survive and that's when I finally got it. Thanks for all the support though everone! :manhappy:

bobs fed signature
Message 10 of 11 (140 Views)