Jun 19 2007
By: mcw1011 Monster Hunter 37 posts

Simple idea for next year :)

17 replies 2 views Edited Jun 19, 2007
I was thinking today... by next year, Home Beta should be thriving, with a huge amount of space to walk around in.  At least, I hope it will be.  No wait... it HAS to be if Sony expects this to work.

So, I propose that next April, on Easter Sunday, Sony hosts an easter egg hunt () in Home.  They could hide easter eggs all throughout Home, and make them hard enough to find that it would give everyone an equal opportunity.  (Somehow they would have to make sure that the search could last all day Easter, so that Globally, everyone would be able to participate, even with the different timezones.  I haven't figured that part out yet, though I think my plan would bank of how BIG Home will be by next April.  Will we be able to walk for miles without hitting a wall?  Lets hope so.)

Now, these easter eggs would have to be worth something... perhaps one of these "Trophies" everyone is talking about.  But, they could always go a step further, and make each egg unlock a free PSN game for you.  Meaning, with one egg you could win a free copy of "Calling All Cars".

Me personally, I think that this is a brilliant idea.  One of many that are swirling through my brain right now.  Sony should hire me.  But seriously, if anything will set the PS3 apart from the 360, it would be a wacky contest like this.

One final thought... people are offended by just about everything.  People would find a way to be offended by an Easter egg hunt, I'm sure.  That would be the nail in this idea's coffin.  Sigh...
PSN: mcw1011
XBL: MCW07
- Add me on either service if you'd like!
Message 1 of 18 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Re: Simple idea for next year :)

Jun 19, 2007
Nice text color by the way.... DUMBASS!!

PSN: ThE(underscore)oThErS
Message 2 of 18 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Jun 19, 2007
A. the guy posting above me is right, nice font.

B. good idea, but, lets worry about that stuff when the game is in at least a month of release? at least.

C. i doubt your the first person to think of a easter egg hunt and sony wouldent hire you

Message Edited by Manwoutfear on 06-18-2007 08:24 PM
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility
Message 3 of 18 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1327 posts

Jun 19, 2007
Well  I'd like to see something like this implemented on the Home Network. It would be loads of fun, and for the time zone problems maybe each region with a different time zone or a major difference can have their own event held at their own time. As there are many divisions of Playstation/Sony.
Message 4 of 18 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4458 posts

Jun 19, 2007
I bet you believe in Santa Claus too don't you?

Easter egg hunt??? What are you 8 years old?? 

Easter egg hunt. meh!
RED-DOG

Photobucket
Message 5 of 18 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
512 posts

Jun 19, 2007
dude that sounds like a good idea, yea a little juvenile. but yea its a start. like for christmas you can buy gifts for people or what not, like a gift certificat to bestbuy.
Message 6 of 18 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
877 posts

Jun 19, 2007

ThE_oThErS wrote:

Hilarious! i had to come closer to see that. LOL

To those who say Home has long load times. It took Home 47 seconds to load Motorstorm into its online lobby with 11 other people in the party.
Do you Ubuntu, B!tch?
MY PSN is RITTERRAV ADD ME!

Sign the Remake FF7 Petition! Over 29,000 Signatures!
Click the first like link.
Message 7 of 18 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jun 19, 2007
Why does the forum have more than one color to choose from for text?  All you punks do is complain about the color.  Didja know that you can change the skin of the forum so that all pages have a white background?  DUMBA**.

Ritterrav wrote:

ThE_oThErS wrote:

Hilarious! i had to come closer to see that. LOL

PSN: mcw1011
XBL: MCW07
- Add me on either service if you'd like!
Message 8 of 18 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5666 posts

Jun 19, 2007

mcw1011 wrote:
 so that all pages have a white background? 

Now those would be awesome to look at ALL DAY !!! Fool
Message 9 of 18 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Jun 20, 2007

mcw1011 wrote:

They could hide easter eggs all throughout Home, and make them hard enough to find that it would give everyone an equal opportunity.

Not a bad idea. Sony should definitely create activities for holidays like Easter.

No offense, but you're font is harder to read than the eggs are to find!

Message 10 of 18 (2 Views)
0 Likes