Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Re: Signs You Might Be "Grinding" TOO Much

Jul 29, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

bestscreenname wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Curious my Valaince Points in game show 45,792 yet on the leaderboard they are only around 27,000. Why is that. I'm not grinding for position but am wondering why there is a difference between what I see and the leaderboard says.

You have to sync it at the end of levels or it starts messing up like that.

You mean I have to check the board after each level? How do I fix it now? Smiley Happy

No, when you complete a stage you'll see it say "communicating with ranking server" in the upper right, just wait and let it finish and it will sync the leaderboard next time you check it.  Whenever I leave early it either, doesn't sync correctly or never loads the leaderboard.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 41 of 69 (189 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jul 29, 2013

bestscreenname wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

bestscreenname wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Curious my Valaince Points in game show 45,792 yet on the leaderboard they are only around 27,000. Why is that. I'm not grinding for position but am wondering why there is a difference between what I see and the leaderboard says.

You mean I have to check the board after each level? How do I fix it now? Smiley Happy

No, when you complete a stage you'll see it say "communicating with ranking server" in the upper right, just wait and let it finish and it will sync the leaderboard next time you check it.  Whenever I leave early it either, doesn't sync correctly or never loads the leaderboard.

I'll give that a try and see what happens. I normally wait for that screen to finish before leaving. I'm trying to beat the watercraft level at the moment. Not very agreeable. 

Message 42 of 69 (187 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

bestscreenname wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

bestscreenname wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I'll give that a try and see what happens. I normally wait for that screen to finish before leaving. I'm trying to beat the watercraft level at the moment. Not very agreeable. 

I gave up on that, at least until I'm done grinding.  I lost 5 times in a row and kept seeing the same ppl in the lobby passing me by and racking up battle points.   Sometimes it's still a little off but I usually just play the Downtown level once or twice and it will sync up correctly.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 43 of 69 (182 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 29, 2013

Says at the end of a level my total ranking is 424. I don't see rank changes when I finish the level but oddly enough the leaderboard doesn't like me. I know at least see how to change screens on the board. There are 9 screens. Anyone in particular you are checking for the overall ranking? Is that screen 1/9?

Edit: The leaderboard does seem to have updated finally. Wish I could add Claire's and Jill's points to mine. That would help a lot. Smiley Happy

Message 44 of 69 (170 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11839 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Screen 1 is overall, followed by each map, then friends and your screen.

Message 45 of 69 (164 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Well I haven't been competing. I'm just not well enough these days to put that kind of time in. I would like to get the hairstyle and I suppose maintaining about rank 500 might be doable for me given the amount of time I can put in.

This is a fun event and I simply adore my little rabbit. Smiley Happy

Message 46 of 69 (159 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Aug 1, 2013
  • If you ever stop and wonder who keeps fixing the minister and if they are more or less cruel than you for breaking him over and over again... you might be grinding TOO much.
  • If you say outloud to the minister "Me too, brother" when he says he needs sleep... you might be grinding TOO much.
  • If you start to think it might just be easier to max out the score 9,999,999 so that you can quit earlier... you might be grinding TOO much.
  • If you are angry that the booster drinks do not reset with the normal 8pm EDT server resets so you can get in 3 more hours of grinding before work... you might be grinding TOO much.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 47 of 69 (110 Views)
Survivor
2432 posts

Aug 1, 2013

myalana wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:

myalana wrote:

You do that part up in the UFO where you get changed from a human to a robot back to a human so much that you start wishing  you could have metal legs like JP longs for in Grandma's Boy.

Sure, but would you get longer metal legs, to make yourself taller? Smiley Tongue

Only if they didn't interfere with the indoor plumbing. Cat Wink

If you "accidentally" forget what indoor plumbing is a few times... you're probably really nasty, seak professional mental help.

Photobucket
Message 48 of 69 (108 Views)
Survivor
2432 posts

Aug 1, 2013

wrx009 wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:

With the Kikai Event in full swing, a lot of forumers are busy grinding away for leaderboard rewards. How do you know when you've been grinding TOO much, though. I'm sure there are some warning signs. I hope some of you will participate with real examples, or (my preference) made up silliness.

• If you find out you CAN shower in 300 seconds... you might be grinding TOO much. (credit ThrenodyT
  • If you think trying to shower in 300 seconds is silly, because you can shower when the event is over... you might be grinding TOO much.
  • If when your toaster pops (during a quick break to the kitchen) you attack it with a wooden spoon... you might be grinding TOO much
  • If after attacking your toaster, you catch yourself looking around for an empty soda can to upgrade your weapon... you might be grinding TOO much.
  • If you're too busy grinding to comment on this thread... you might be grinding TOO much. Smiley Tongue

It's a slow Sunday on the forums, and I'm a little bored. So, I thought maybe we could have a little fun with this idea.

If you're feeling burnt out after only 10 playthroughs

If you're still keeping count after 5 playthroughs... you might be grinding too much.

Photobucket
Message 49 of 69 (105 Views)
Survivor
1115 posts

Aug 1, 2013

If you go to the drive thru and they hand you your food and you say thank you so sweetly and bow your head, then you might be grinding too much. Seriously I did it. I said the thank you but I caught myself from bowing my head. I was like omg what am I doing!

Message 50 of 69 (92 Views)