Sackboy
620 posts

Re: Sign up only from ps3 browser?

Apr 4, 2007
This post just got me badddd   ive been checking the site from my celly phone
and i seen the topic of ths thred and started trippin
* ̿̿'̿ '̿'\̵͇̿̿\з==(•̪●)==ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿'̿ *
It is so nice to have a public speaking forum that doesn't edit or delete posts based
on the Mods opinion.!!!
thanks alot PSU and thank you Mods
Message 11 of 35 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3898 posts

Apr 4, 2007

Akasma wrote:
Why not just have an option for us to sign up for the beta in the sony playstation store? Wouldn't that simplify things? However there is allready a website posted that says to check back regularly to sign up.

Beause they need to be assured tha you WILL provide feedback and report things and not just taking up a spot just to have it. There's a lot of hype and they want to have the beta running smoothly. Experienced gamers re always first.
Message 12 of 35 (8 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
896 posts

Apr 4, 2007
True, PSP beta signups are required to signup via a PSP browser.

Possibly, Sony use the homebetatrial.com website for initial registration of beta (survey questionnaire)  then if and when you're invited require you to signup for Home beta via a PS3 browser and PSN acct within a set time period (24-48 hrs). If you miss the deadline, then your slot is made available for another trialist. 

Message 13 of 35 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Apr 4, 2007
its funny if any of you click on your own name and look at your profile it will show the last ip address and browser type that you last logged in with.
PSN ID: DirtyShoe
Folding@Home team# 60503
Did someone call for a monkey butler? For I'am that monkey!!
Photobucket
Message 14 of 35 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Apr 4, 2007
Im a little new just got my ps3 a few days ago. Do you sign up for this through the folding home icon? When I click on it talks about sharing computing power for research. 
Message 15 of 35 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
875 posts

Apr 4, 2007

xero-g wrote:
Im a little new just got my ps3 a few days ago. Do you sign up for this through the folding home icon? When I click on it talks about sharing computing power for research. 

Completely different thing.  Folding is a program run through Stanford, trying to understand what happens to a protein just before it "folds" (could help find a cure to alzheimers and various cancers).
Home is an online community that we will be getting later this year and we're talking about the possibility of signing up for a beta-test of it.

Oh... and, welcome to the PSU boards.

Message Edited by wallyp on 04-04-2007 11:34 AM
SAVE A PRETZEL FOR THE GAS JETS
Message 16 of 35 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 4, 2007

Pharside wrote:
Here's most likely what they will do.

They will require the MAC address of your PS3, just like they use to activate your Resistance Stats: This both provides proof of ownership AND an identity so that you can download the software ONLY to the system you have registered. Your PSN-ID will also be used to link your Username to your console and that's the simplest way to have it done.

Message Edited by Pharside on 04-03-2007 06:08 PM

This is probably the most logical way to sign up for the beta. It's hard to tell what the sign up via your PS3 Browsers would be like... Plus, most people are on the computer more often than the Playstation 3's web browser. Much more people.
The only problem with the need for a MAC adress is that I don't have it memorized

Message 17 of 35 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
740 posts

Apr 4, 2007
I thing it will be with psn account.
Message 18 of 35 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Apr 4, 2007
Sony definitely has the ability to tell if you are visiting the site from a PS3 web browser and will most likely conduct the beta sign-ups in the way.
Message 19 of 35 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
926 posts

Apr 5, 2007
I hope to god they dont do it throught he PS3 browser. Im at school way too much. BUT it is a definate possiblility they might. TO get in on the Ratchet & Clank beta for the PSP, us G.A.P. members had to register from the PSP's browser.
Message 20 of 35 (8 Views)
0 Likes