Apr 28 2013
By: D-Nitrate Treasure Hunter 4495 posts

Should we still be forced to only use Pottermore items in the Pottermore spaces?

[ Edited ]
47 replies 581 views Edited Apr 28, 2013

Are there still people who feel everyone should continue to be forced to use only Pottermore items in those spaces?

I ask, as it seems many people who were very much against others using items that were not part of Pottermore in those spaces, now seem to be embracing it.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 1 of 48 (581 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3915 posts

Re: Should we still be forced to only use Pottermore items in the Pottermore spaces?

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

I don't mind having to wear the clothing. I rather like that.
I just don't like being forced to wear the ugly hat or default hairstyles.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 48 (569 Views)
VP of Gaming
34135 posts

Re: Should we still be forced to only use Pottermore items in the Pottermore spaces?

Apr 28, 2013

forcing us to wear the clothes doesnt really bother me, i just hate how they change they change my hair. the default hair is so ugly. Smiley Sad

would be nice if they gave us a variety of free clothes we can choose from if they are going to force us to wear them. even more so if the clothes were house specific.

Message 3 of 48 (563 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Meh, I don't mind. If you absolutely have to change clothes then at least stick to the theme. The world of Harry Potter doesn't have strippers -_-

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 4 of 48 (557 Views)
MVP Support
9023 posts

Apr 28, 2013

If they would give us the ability to wear the hairstyle we like i don't have a problem with wearing their clothes and even glasses since Harry Potter wears then as well but i guess they would only give us the ability to use our own hairstyle only if they changed their mind since there mask and other accessories in the glasses section

KANE-FIRE

Message 5 of 48 (554 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Apr 28, 2013

It should be a system that benefits if you wear Pottermore gear in Pottermore, not a forced one. Like, for every hour in the space 'in character'(clothes-wise), you get a card. Every 24hrs banked 'in character' you get coins towards some kind of reward shop, etc.

Forcing us to wear a bland & limited set of clothes is dull, and to the 'Potterworld doesnt have ____' people... c'mon. Magic is a trump card answer, and that's what Pottermore is about, so I think we could let the wild fashions slide. It's not like Harry went to the adult parts of 'the wizarding world', so who knows what else is outside of the book limits.

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 6 of 48 (545 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5816 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Personally I have no problem with the Pottermore space. Playing along with the theme gets me away from the craziness we've come to know as Home. That is until I see someone walk by wearing a sceam costume or drive by on a motorcycle. The illusion has then been broken and it's time to move on.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 7 of 48 (541 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Apr 28, 2013

OK - so far I see mostly comments that basically say "I don't mind" the wardrobe, companion, and LMO restrictions... But that wasn't really the question.  

Do you think it should be forced, not are you OK with it being restricted?

Or maybe I should ask, are you now OK with others using exploits to use non Pottermore items in those spaces?

As I said, I was surprised to see some of the same names that just a couple weeks ago were vehemently opposed to people using exploits to circumvent the restrictions who since then (and possibly even before) have been using the same exploits to circumvent the restrictions themselves.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 8 of 48 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2036 posts

Apr 28, 2013
I like a how you're only allowed to use pottermore content in the spaces, It really gives it that immersive feeling.

It certainly would be nice though if they allowed us to change hair styles and head items to other developer content.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 48 (507 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5816 posts

Apr 28, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

OK - so far I see mostly comments that basically say "I don't mind" the wardrobe, companion, and LMO restrictions... But that wasn't really the question.  

Do you think it should be forced, not are you OK with it being restricted?

Or maybe I should ask, are you now OK with others using exploits to use non Pottermore items in those spaces?

As I said, I was surprised to see some of the same names that just a couple weeks ago were vehemently opposed to people using exploits to circumvent the restrictions who since then (and possibly even before) have been using the same exploits to circumvent the restrictions themselves.

I think it's the Developers right to do what they want with their property. I have no issue with abiding by their rules. No I don't believe folks should use exploits to circumvent the restrictions of the space since it defeats the purpose of the theme. I understand why it's done and simply leave the space if it become a distraction.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 10 of 48 (497 Views)
0 Likes