Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Re: Should we still be forced to only use Pottermore items in the Pottermore spaces?

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:
This is not something to pride yourself on, nor does it grant you any further entitlement compared to other customers. It's not a smart move for them to cheese off their customers but every single product can't be tailored to fit you as and when you feel like demanding it be done.

More to the point of what Jo said I hope you guys get more traffic in your Pottermore. I wasn't aware traffic was so bad in the US region for it

If that's really the case with the traffic in Pottermore it only highlights one fundamental problem about us asking game companies to be more involved with Home; No matter how much they try and appeal to gamers or offer unique experiences people that like those things are no longer the target market in Home but a niche market. Everyone on Home seems to be too wrapped up in how they look, how others judge their appearance, how much they can express themselves and how people value that individual's freedom of expression. It's a pity if you ask me.

In this case, I wouldn't call asking for them to leave the core features of this service in tact demanding something to be "tailor fit".

And btw, I forgot to mention this earlier, but I don't want to look "cool" or have "status" on Home. I don't even talk to anyone outside of my club and rarely go into public. And how is a chubby woman with glasses "cool"? 

I'm not into da bling bling vip yo, I just want to play as the digital version of myself. Don't generalize everyone who wants full customization on here as being of the "elite fam" mentality. I value my own individual expression above all else in Home, but I don't care what others think of me.

I think the best way game companies can get involed with Home is releasing mall content and rewards releated to the games, but not force any restrictions on the spaces (if there are spaces). For example, SF x Tekken seemed to be somewhat popular and apparently still gets some use. If it restricted your clothing and such, I don't think it would be.

Seriously, why even bother playing anything on Home that cripples customization? Might as well just play a regular video game in that case.

Message 41 of 48 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2999 posts

Re: Should we still be forced to only use Pottermore items in the Pottermore spaces?

Apr 30, 2013

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

I took Mermaid's comment to apply to general public spaces on Home. A certain number of themed spaces with unique rules are not a problem but they should simply be the exception. I'm sure that most people would not like to see widespread wardrobe and LMO restrictions thoughout Home, certainly not the developers who create and sell those items.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'd love to see wardrobe restrictions in Home -- no more swim suits in the Hub!

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 42 of 48 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Maybe a chubby woman with glasses isn't cool. I'd like to take another step back a moment here. Forgetting what our own perception of cool or uncool or what an image is...what I don't get is why people care more about how they will look when they play a game than the actual game or quest itself. I mean, your avatar isn't real. It isn't you. It's not like you're stepping out into a busy New York street in your PJ's coupled with not bathing for 3 days.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 43 of 48 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Looks like more Pottermore clothing is on the way. From the EU Blog.

Pottermore clothing

Be sure to visit Diagon Alley™ in Pottermore™ at PlayStation®Home this week because Twilfitt and Tatting's are open for business! Twilfitt and Tatting's boasts the latest in magical attire for the discerning witch or wizard!

ClothingR2_1.png

ClothingR2_3.png

Message 44 of 48 (189 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2013

Ed - Seeing as they only let us be humans on here with the exception of a few full body outfits, I need to be able to identify with the character I'm using. It's just completely pointless otherwise for me.

As I said, if I could look past customization limitations and didn't care about them, I'd just play a regular game. Home games are generally boring or of poor quality and are usually more chores then anything else.

So it's not like there's some kind of SUPER FUN AWESOME game with AMAZING gameplay on Home outside of Peakvox monsters in JP, but you are controlling cool & cute monsters in that and I love it.

I actually gave Emo Ray a try too, but that was a self encapsulated game with unique characters. One with horrible gameplay and rewards, but that's another story.

And lol at the new Potter clothes. I said I won't be purchasing anything from them anymore and am sticking to my guns. However, I will say that if that purple male suit was available for women, I'd totally break my own rule. But it will never happen, so I'm safe. Smiley Tongue

Message 45 of 48 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Tarazuma wrote:

Cool, then this space also wasn't intended to receive any more of my time and money, which was my point.

Fair enough point you make there. So Pottermore is not for you. It's not for me either, mainly because I have no interest in Harry Potter and I don't really see much to do in the space. The wardrobe and chat restrictions have no bearing in my case.

I still think that it's more important for a developer or any artist in general to present their work according to their own vision. I would prefer that mindset to bland and generic spaces that try to appeal to everyone. Of course, I also prefer listening to Arcade Fire than assembly-line rubbish like One Direction.

Only time will tell if their approach is successful or not but I applaud the designers for their stance. They are trying to create an immersive experience to appeal to a certain audience and I hope that that audience is there for them. Risky model, perhaps, but commendable.

castle3
Message 46 of 48 (169 Views)
Highlighted
Wastelander
631 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Tarazuma wrote:

And lol at the new Potter clothes. I said I won't be purchasing anything from them anymore and am sticking to my guns. However, I will say that if that purple male suit was available for women, I'd totally break my own rule. But it will never happen, so I'm safe. Smiley Tongue

Yeah, that suit in the middle looks pretty cool. I might be getting that one, but the generic head still sucks Ox Nards!

Antonio Xul
Message 47 of 48 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

May 2, 2013
Lol if the green tie men's waist coat one was available in girl format I'd totally go for it.... Even though I already bought..... Almost all the green clothing options they just added. Minus the hats. I'm sorry I just don't care for the hats. They were able to wear beanies in the films, let us wear them in Pottermore Home. It's just a hat. *sigh* Have to say I do quite like the new clothes though. A friend of mine.... Is probably going to spaz when they see all the new stuff.

Now if only we'd be allowed to use longer hair styles >_>;;;
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 48 of 48 (104 Views)
0 Likes