Wastelander
624 posts

Re: Should You Bite The Hand That Feeds You? (Interesting Article On "Home Price Gouging")

Dec 2, 2013

Yes we should voice our opinions on prices by our words and what we buy or don't buy thats how businesses now what we will or won't be willing to pay.  The author of that post doesn't seem to understand people other then him/her also have opinions that should be heard as long as they are constuctive and not demeaning to others.

Message 41 of 45 (253 Views)
Gaming Beast
1300 posts

Re: Should You Bite The Hand That Feeds You? (Interesting Article On "Home Price Gouging")

Dec 2, 2013

I have never cared to read any of these articles on these Home fansites, nor do I care to start now. 

But on the topic of Home Price Gouging, I do believe that it is up to the customer to voice their opinions on the matter of quality and pricing of their products, along with providing constructive criticism. How else are these companies going to properly improve their merchandise and obtain repeat customers? Does that make us whiners and complainers because we voice our opinions on such subjects? No.

Home Developers who to listen to their customers when it comes to these matters are always a win with me. And the ones who price gouge and ignore the feedback and complaints of their consumers I will not support. Sometimes if the developer has good quality items, I'll splurge *some* cash on them because I know I'll be satisfied with the purchase (nDreams and VEEMEE's LMOs, especially). But I've recently stopped buying lots of items on Home because of pricing alone. It's not because I'm "cheap" or "whiney", it's simply the fact they're over-pricing their products and have been slowly getting away with it.

- L.C

Message 42 of 45 (220 Views)
Fender Bender
2919 posts

Dec 2, 2013

Iady-cha0s- wrote:

I have never cared to read any of these articles on these Home fansites, nor do I care to start now. 

But on the topic of Home Price Gouging, I do believe that it is up to the customer to voice their opinions on the matter of quality and pricing of their products, along with providing constructive criticism. How else are these companies going to properly improve their merchandise and obtain repeat customers? Does that make us whiners and complainers because we voice our opinions on such subjects? No.

Home Developers who to listen to their customers when it comes to these matters are always a win with me. And the ones who price gouge and ignore the feedback and complaints of their consumers I will not support. Sometimes if the developer has good quality items, I'll splurge *some* cash on them because I know I'll be satisfied with the purchase (nDreams and VEEMEE's LMOs, especially). But I've recently stopped buying lots of items on Home because of pricing alone. It's not because I'm "cheap" or "whiney", it's simply the fact they're over-pricing their products and have been slowly getting away with it.

- L.C

So you'll read the trash that can be found here on the forum, but not a press release or a review of Home products or even "think pieces" about Home?

I think the whiners, etc. that she referred to are not the people providing "constructive criticism", but those who think everything on Home should be free, or maybe cost a dollar.

And on what you to base your opinion that some developers are "over-pricing" their products? Maybe by how much you want to pay? It's not as though you know a developers overhead or needed ROI.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 43 of 45 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Dec 2, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

So you'll read the trash that can be found here on the forum, but not a press release or a review of Home products or even "think pieces" about Home?

I think the whiners, etc. that she referred to are not the people providing "constructive criticism", but those who think everything on Home should be free, or maybe cost a dollar.

And on what you to base your opinion that some developers are "over-pricing" their products? Maybe by how much you want to pay? It's not as though you know a developers overhead or needed ROI.

I see you've contributed to this "trash bin" over 1,000 times Violet. Very kind of you to continue to post here instead of contributing exclusively to a 3rd party site. Thank you.

As far as ROI, it may very well be that a developer needs to sell a virtual space at $20 to recapture their investment and turn a profit, but that doesn't mean that there won't be a public outcry. The market will only bear so much and people will speak up. To think everyone should silently accept the pricing structure is rather naive. It would also be naive to think that you will stop complaining about those complaining.

Message 44 of 45 (173 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Dec 2, 2013
I see the pricing argument from both sides. End of the day it's down to how much people are willing to pay. Devs wouldn't continue to price the way they do if there weren't people paying those prices. They might experiment with pricing from time to time but it should be the consistent price scales that you take into account.

As a consumer you have more rights than you realize. The main one being you have the option to buy something. Criticism on pricing should be welcomed providing it's constructive Smiley Happy but it's worth bearing in mind if the dev has enough people spending on an item a customer feels is overpriced, they are unlikely to adjust the cost of it.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 45 of 45 (165 Views)