Highlighted
Jul 04 2007
By: Saladin_D~ Survivor 2605 posts

Should Home take over PSN

8 replies 3 views Edited Jul 4, 2007
what i mean is what if instead of having the psn we have now why not replace it with the upcoming home. It only makes sense since
1. it's free
2. you'll be able to download trailers so why not demos and everything the psn has now
3.  and 3 it is an active enviorment for playing mini games and so you can trade thoughts on what is good to download
Message 1 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Re: Should Home take over PSN

Jul 4, 2007
 I think it would be nice but i would want the demos there.. i wouldnt want to have to goto home just to get a demo.. its takes already a long time to download a demo.. why would i want that extra mile.. but trailers and movies is fine..

Message 2 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1236 posts

Jul 4, 2007
No, I wouldn't want to have to go through Home to get what I have now in the PSN

Besides, in an interview with the guy in charge of the PSN, made sure to say that HOME was NOT the PSN, but simply a PART of the PSN. He didn't want people to think of HOME as the PSN, but simply an application . . . a part of the whole of PSN.

(I apologize for any and all posts that show bad behaviour. If you see any more, correct me on it!)
Message 3 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
704 posts

Jul 4, 2007
It would be a possibility if they could streamline the PSN functions in Home. However, that would take quite a bit of coding to get right, especially when dealing with heavily crowded servers. Basically, it could work in concept, but would be impossibly hard to implement in practice.
Message 4 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2605 posts

Jul 4, 2007
well can't home just pretend or something, Say you went to home and in home there was a computer you can access and that vurtual computer opens up the psn and it's downloadable content

oh right i forgot about the whole home not psn but an addition oops

Message Edited by Saladin_D on 07-03-2007 10:32 PM
Message 5 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Jul 4, 2007
Believe it or not, there's a lot of people out there who simply aren't too interested in Home. The kind of people who like to view things quickly in menus rather than having to load up a virtual environment and walk to different places in order to get what they need. I think it's important to be able to access all important information online like stats, achievements, etc. quickly through menus or the like, as well as having it available virtually in Home for people who are enjoy running a digital life.
~§k¥e ߆åde~ - //* - (..)/
PSN: SirithX
Message 6 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Jul 4, 2007

Saladin_D wrote:
what i mean is what if instead of having the psn we have now why not replace it with the upcoming home. It only makes sense since
1. it's free
2. you'll be able to download trailers so why not demos and everything the psn has now
3.  and 3 it is an active enviorment for playing mini games and so you can trade thoughts on what is good to download

I agree
Message 7 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1324 posts

Jul 4, 2007

IWantHome wrote:

Saladin_D wrote:
1. it's free

I agree

I doubt it will happen. Reason? Because Home is an optional service for those who want it. Which is why not everyone will use it or have any interest in it. If Sony adopted a policy where you HAD to access Home to get to the PS store, this would frustrate some consumers.

So ultimately, to make it "user friendly" for everyone... they have to offer a variety of different options. Home is simply one of them. Nothing more, nothing less.

!
Message 8 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2605 posts

Jul 4, 2007
ohh i never thought about it like that, guess it all makes good sense and i for one wasn't so excited about home but just thinking about it got me excited, Oh well
Message 9 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes