Reply
Jul 24 2013
By: Enistachia Survivor 1979 posts
Offline

Shoplifters on HOME!

40 replies 814 views Edited Jul 24, 2013

I have been reading a lot of comments and posts about users stealing (hacking) items.  We all know that its theft, and we all know that its going to just make things worse on our part (the ones that pay).  What we all don't know is... What is being done about it?

 

I'm guessing they will have to close down home for a few weeks to find all the damages.

Message 1 of 41 (814 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/05/2011
Offline
617 posts
 

Re: Shoplifters on HOME!

Jul 24, 2013

Enistachia wrote:

I have been reading a lot of comments and posts about users stealing (hacking) items.  We all know that its theft, and we all know that its going to just make things worse on our part (the ones that pay).  What we all don't know is... What is being done about it?

 

I'm guessing they will have to close down home for a few weeks to find all the damages.


Eh they wont even shut the game down for more than a day unless it has to do with consumer content, otherwirse its a money sink for them.

Message 2 of 41 (807 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 11/29/2008
Offline
1979 posts
 

Re: Shoplifters on HOME!

Jul 24, 2013

koolkarl1 wrote:

Enistachia wrote:

I have been reading a lot of comments and posts about users stealing (hacking) items.  We all know that its theft, and we all know that its going to just make things worse on our part (the ones that pay).  What we all don't know is... What is being done about it?

 

I'm guessing they will have to close down home for a few weeks to find all the damages.


Eh they wont even shut the game down for more than a day unless it has to do with consumer content, otherwirse its a money sink for them.


Then how can they stop this form happening?  I just thought a shutdown would be a wise idea for them... although I will miss it and have nothing to do.  I really dislike people who steal and especially ones that like to boast about their thieving ways.

Message 3 of 41 (790 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 01/29/2011
Offline
1633 posts
 

Re: Shoplifters on HOME!

Jul 24, 2013

Enistachia wrote:

koolkarl1 wrote:

Enistachia wrote:

I have been reading a lot of comments and posts about users stealing (hacking) items.  We all know that its theft, and we all know that its going to just make things worse on our part (the ones that pay).  What we all don't know is... What is being done about it?

 

I'm guessing they will have to close down home for a few weeks to find all the damages.


Eh they wont even shut the game down for more than a day unless it has to do with consumer content, otherwirse its a money sink for them.


Then how can they stop this form happening?  I just thought a shutdown would be a wise idea for them... although I will miss it and have nothing to do.  I really dislike people who steal and especially ones that like to boast about their thieving ways.


If nothing has been done about it since 2009/10, what makes you think something will happen now? lol

 

I'd just ignore it, personally.

Message 4 of 41 (770 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 05/30/2012
Offline
5453 posts
 

Re: Shoplifters on HOME!

Jul 24, 2013

Enistachia wrote:

I have been reading a lot of comments and posts about users stealing (hacking) items.  We all know that its theft, and we all know that its going to just make things worse on our part (the ones that pay).  What we all don't know is... What is being done about it?

 

I'm guessing they will have to close down home for a few weeks to find all the damages.


No matter how you look at it or how you feel about it, it is not stealing. There's a lot of false information going around about this. They do not get paid content for free, they all have to purchase the item as they would if they were in the store.

 

Sony should remove the items from the servers after they have been removed. It's their own fault for leaving this stuff there with a price. It's something they could so easily fix, but don't.

 

Bash me for this all you want, it's the truth.

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 5 of 41 (757 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 12/23/2009
Offline
2432 posts
 

Re: Shoplifters on HOME!

Jul 24, 2013

Enistachia wrote:

I have been reading a lot of comments and posts about users stealing (hacking) items.  We all know that its theft, and we all know that its going to just make things worse on our part (the ones that pay).  What we all don't know is... What is being done about it?

 

I'm guessing they will have to close down home for a few weeks to find all the damages.


Head injuries are a serious issue. I urge you to immediately step away from your forums-accessing device and rush yourself to the hospital for proper treatment, as this OP strongly indicates you have cranial trauma. I'm not attempting to insult, quite the opposite; I'm only looking out for your overall health.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 41 (736 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/19/2010
Offline
4410 posts
 

Re: Shoplifters on HOME!

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2013

Enistachia wrote:

I have been reading a lot of comments and posts about users stealing (hacking) items.  We all know that its theft, and we all know that its going to just make things worse on our part (the ones that pay).  What we all don't know is... What is being done about it?

 

I'm guessing they will have to close down home for a few weeks to find all the damages.


Oh look, another topic from somebody who prefers attention and drama over intelligent debate Smiley Very Happy

 

In short, Enis, there's little the Home team can do about it short of remaking large chunks of Home. Home's been designed in such a way that many items are rewarded from a database after certain triggers have been activated. The only way devs / Sony have managed to get around it is redeem codes but that's not a practical or universal solution. I hope Toro Network and future apps learn from this.

 

EDIT: Gotta agree with Vicki that stealing's not the right word, that's media spin. I have to disagree with some of the other points mind. Not that I particularly care too much about it. After all, if Sony aren't worried about it why should I be Smiley Very Happy

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 7 of 41 (643 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/24/2013
Offline
118 posts
 

Re: Shoplifters on HOME!

Jul 24, 2013

Do I come on here telling you Jesus is just a concious in your mind? Well no I don't so keep this to yourself. 

 photo download_zpsjsopjedp.png

__________________________________
Follow @SharakonJames
Message 8 of 41 (604 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/19/2010
Offline
4410 posts
 

Re: Shoplifters on HOME!

Jul 24, 2013

pIayzharder wrote:

Do I come on here telling you Jesus is just a concious in your mind? Well no I don't so keep this to yourself. 


But Jesus and God are with me everywhere I go Smiley Wink and I should spread the love of our savior Jesus Christ through Home Smiley Very Happy

Don't  you think so?

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 9 of 41 (585 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/24/2013
Offline
118 posts
 

Re: Shoplifters on HOME!

Jul 24, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:

pIayzharder wrote:

Do I come on here telling you Jesus is just a concious in your mind? Well no I don't so keep this to yourself. 


But Jesus and God are with me everywhere I go Smiley Wink and I should spread the love of our savior Jesus Christ through Home Smiley Very Happy

Don't  you think so?


I follow Charles Manson, Clear? 

 photo download_zpsjsopjedp.png

__________________________________
Follow @SharakonJames
Message 10 of 41 (579 Views)
0 Likes