Splicer
68 posts

Re: Sexual Assault

Dec 23, 2009
Hit them where it hurts. Most of these idiots that do this stuff is sad people to begin with. When you start making fun of them and making a mockery of them, they usually will leave. Once they find out that they've run into someone not going to take it, they stop. Seriously, start taking about gross stuff too. Point out various body functions when they're standing behind you. Anything like that to really shake them back to reality. The people at Sony will never do anything (as evident with the various online games such as Everquest) and these idiots harrassing people shouldn't be allowed to drive anyone away either.
Message 51 of 123 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3519 posts

Dec 23, 2009

I still say we need more than a welcoming commitee.

I have always said that new people should be in an instance where they have a how to instructional.

Like,when you first set up your avatar.

.and they must accept or sign it somehow expalining the dos and donts so there is NO..aww I was just playing cause I'm bored.

I don't like to report people honestly but....I do.

Reason,because I would not want this happening to my daughter if I had one.

When we go to a paid subscription of sorts,I'm afraid our wonderful home now will be more like this.

I sure hope not... If I have to pay sony to have a safe enviroment to weed out the..Sickos..I will pay...

Honestly girls,I'm embarrased of my male species reading this...

Message Edited by musicman1234 on 12-22-2009 06:38 PM
Message 52 of 123 (3 Views)
Survivor
2633 posts

Dec 23, 2009
Well my advice is, to use your Home camera & take a picture of the perv causing trouble, write down there user name & then send the picture with the perv name to a mod...
THE FAZEONES LOUNGE  2014 Home Logo
Message 53 of 123 (3 Views)
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Dec 23, 2009
Harassment can be "Visual by Words Saying Rude and NonSocial Comments and Verbal Gestures by dancing on you and sitting down behind your avatar seen a lot of that at North America Home and other homes too and sometimes the person (victim) that it's happening too. Yes you can walk away but why should we become the victim and sometimes WE are only Human and Enough is Enough and it bothers Us.
Gifs
Message 54 of 123 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3905 posts

Dec 23, 2009

OP, change the thread title to "Sexual Harrassment". Sexual assault does not apply to virtual worlds as it has to be committed against an actual person.

That's what I thought this case was about. But there are numerous threads about this same thing; you gotta use the search feature on the forum frontpage.

Message 55 of 123 (3 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Dec 23, 2009

I know its a pain to put up with this I see it happening constantly, and a Jail should be put in jail, and Banned users avatars should be placed in there on display for all to see who they are, because all too often they don't act this way around thier group of friends, but if it was brought to thier attention perhaps they would choose not to be thier friends anymore and perhaps it would be a wake up cal for them. Me and some other friends ousted a group member who was doin this and see him less and less as time goes on.

1 recommedation I have to you girls is this, build a male avatar and save it in your wardrobe, and when this happens to you, simply change to a guy and watch your attacker run with his tail between his legs, helps make your day a little better, gives you a laugh in a bad situation, and then at least they have something between thier legs besides empty space...lol

Message 56 of 123 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
797 posts

Dec 23, 2009

Blazeking wrote:

OP, change the thread title to "Sexual Harrassment". Sexual assault does not apply to virtual worlds as it has to be committed against an actual person.

That's what I thought this case was about. But there are numerous threads about this same thing; you gotta use the search feature on the forum frontpage.

I completely agree with you 100%, however the semantics game has caused most posts debating it to be deleted. Apparently Home won't do anything to end sexual harassment, and they'll delete anything that supports the argument that sexual harassment isn't sexual assault. I don't know, perhaps they prefer people think of Home being tied in with sexual assault then sexual harassment. Anyways, read this quick, I expect another one of my well thought posts to be deleted.

Message 57 of 123 (3 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
90 posts

Dec 23, 2009
I think your friend is emotionally unstable to let people in a virtual world sexual assault her. You  are the ones who need to realize that they have a problem and need to take steps to get treatment. Until then you cant do anything for them except to always be nice and never hurt their feelings and let them do all the talking. Most people sooner or later get tired of that.  Your friend as far as i can tell should seek out some medical treatment for her paranoia. Home is full of  snitches if you dont like it mute the person, really simple.
Message Edited by jasquarefan on 12-22-2009 08:27 PM
Message 58 of 123 (3 Views)
Wastelander
797 posts

Dec 23, 2009

greenbaido wrote:
I think your friend is emotionally unstable to let people in a virtual world sexual assault her. You  are the ones who need to realize that they have a problem and need to take steps to get treatment. Until then you cant do anything for them except to always be nice and never hurt their feelings and let them do all the talking. Most people sooner or later get tired of that.  Your friend as far as i can tell should seek out some medical treatment for her paranoia. Home is full of  snitches if you dont like it mute the person, really simple.
Message Edited by jasquarefan on 12-22-2009 08:27 PM

AND BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! Awesome post, expect kudos

Message 59 of 123 (3 Views)
Wastelander
676 posts

Dec 23, 2009

cometaplay2 wrote:
Harassment can be "Visual by Words Saying Rude and NonSocial Comments and Verbal Gestures by dancing on you and sitting down behind your avatar seen a lot of that at North America Home and other homes too and sometimes the person (victim) that it's happening too. Yes you can walk away but why should we become the victim and sometimes WE are only Human and Enough is Enough and it bothers Us.

It's a virtual game...seriously. WTH, man this is insane.
Message 60 of 123 (3 Views)
0 Likes