Uncharted Territory
892 posts

Re: Serenity Lake

Nov 21, 2013
They have lanterns that give you the option to turn on and off in a daytime only setting. You have a boat tied to the space that only gives you the option to sit in. They have beautiful scenery that you can't explore except to look at from the hut. I like the meditate (about the only thing I do) but it fails without guests being able to meditate as well. Even the little things I think they overlooked that would be awesome is they give you the option to sit on the side of the raft but your feet don't even go in the water. They just hang above it, it would have been better if you could sit on the edge with an animation of your bare feet twirling around in the water.
nelsig
Message 21 of 42 (940 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
33 posts

Nov 21, 2013

I'm a sucker for oriental-style spaces, so I purchased this despite it being over-priced too much... Though I have a feeling it will have really nice rewards (hopefully not all teasets and more teapots, enough copying the Edo store...)

But anyways, for those who like to sit on rooftops or walk on water, this space allows you to do so using the Telepad glitch... heh

Hu hu hu...~
Message 22 of 42 (921 Views)
Survivor
1041 posts

Nov 22, 2013

The 3rd day reward is Oriental rug.

Serenity Lake Animals

Message 23 of 42 (867 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5816 posts

Nov 22, 2013

Would really be nice if every newly released personal space on Home had Open House. It might answer a lot of questions before a final purchase.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 24 of 42 (840 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11070 posts

Nov 22, 2013

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

Would really be nice if every newly released personal space on Home had Open House. It might answer a lot of questions before a final purchase.Woman Happy

The space would have to be pretty good for that. I don't think any Dev would do an open house with mediocre space, Serenity Lake being one of them. They're smart enough to know people buy sight unseen and on impulse.

Besides, anyone can see the space before hand if they want, from a friend or the tour thread.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Space-Tours-Rooftop-Terrace-Serenity-Lake-Pa...

Message 25 of 42 (833 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5816 posts

Nov 22, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

The space would have to be pretty good for that. I don't think any Dev would do an open house with mediocre space, Serenity Lake being one of them. They're smart enough to know people buy sight unseen and on impulse.

Besides, anyone can see the space before hand if they want, from a friend or the tour thread.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Space-Tours-Rooftop-Terrace-Serenity-Lake-Pa...

I agree with you that's pretty much why it's not done.

Friends and tours are fine but not always available when someone may want to buy at that moment.

Some folks may not have friends and tours can be booked and have a waiting period.

I'm just saying it would be a nice option.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 26 of 42 (812 Views)
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 22, 2013

It's a small space to decorate, but it has beautiful surroundings & seasons can be changed, which is really nice. 

The autumn colors are a little drab, though, with monochromatic rust-colored trees and the lake looking like Charleton Heston had stuck the tip of his staff into it. (For the young'uns out there, that's a "The Ten Commandments" reference.)

Message 27 of 42 (802 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11070 posts

Nov 22, 2013

x-ooo--00--ooo-x wrote:
and the lake looking like Charleton Heston had stuck the tip of his staff into it. (For the young'uns out there, that's a "The Ten Commandments" reference.)

LOL, and I'm sure they don't get that either.

Message 28 of 42 (784 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2013

Judging from the video and pics I seen, it does look like a realy beautiful space. But it seems by the small size that all you can really do there is just sit around and admire the scenery. And for the price it doesn't really seem worth it compared to other better personal space's that cost the same or less. 

bobs fed signature
Message 29 of 42 (756 Views)
Survivor
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2013

I agree that this space is overpriced and too small. However, the Chinese themed rewards are pretty.

The 4th day reward is Oriental lantern.

I'm a fan of Chinese martial art movies. This space reminds me of a floating raft house built by an Chinese heavenly sage ( 仙 Xian in Mandarin Chinese). According to Chinese folktales, Chinese heavenly sages dwell apart from the chaotic world of man. They also have ability to fly or ride on the clouds.

Juggernaut Home Screenshot.jpg

Message 30 of 42 (718 Views)